Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Hi all - newbie - how AWESOME is this car??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:52 PM
daveindubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all - newbie - how AWESOME is this car??

Hey all - from Dubai

Picked up my G37s 24 hours ago - whoah - who needs drugs - this car could cure crack addicts with one drive here where 200 k's an hour doesn't raise an eyebrow on the freeway.

Am i gushing - yeah probably - come on - it's only been a day - it still blows me away when I push down on the accelerator at 120 and the car kinda yawns and gives me 160 without blinking.

Am lucky I guess that I get to do thise kind of German autobahn speeds - how totally just like AWESOME this car is! Here in the UAE 120 is the speed limit but the speed cameras are set at 160 and between them (every 5 k's) you can do what you want - no joke. thats just the way it is.

Sent a note my dealer earlier - it might seem over the top but I am sure you guys get what I mean - perhaps I should be in marketing for this car - read if you like - otherwise not - it might be closing in on bedtime but I totally need one more fix - catch you on the freeway

Dear Fouad

I hope I got the Egyptian Arabic for thank you correctly - my apologies I could not write the entire email in Arabic but please have someone translate – I am a G37 addict!

Firstly – many, many thanks for your assistance with my purchase of the Infiniti G37S. I could not have hoped for an easier process and as I mentioned to you this is probably one of the best customer service experiences I have had since I came to the UAE some 12 months ago. 5 days from ordering to delivery, including finance, registration and tinting – amazing!

Your dedication and willingness to help is commendable and I would absolutely recommend you to anyone who is looking for a fantastic vehicle and a great person to deal with.

When I first came to the showroom I was not able to test drive the G37S – this was a bit of an issue for me BUT I had done a lot of research and was convinced this was the right car for me and decided to trust that my research was correct.

The car is STUNNING – both in looks and responsiveness!

I was actually more interested in appearance than performance – considering I wanted a sleek, sporty car I assumed that the performance would match. I was wrong – it is SO much more than I could have hoped for! As you may remember I live in Dubai and work in Abu Dhabi so I drive approximately 270 k’s a day – a very long trip each way.

This morning when I arrived at work I totally gutted that I could not keep driving and enjoying this incredible vehicle. After just 24 hours I am an Infiniti convert.

From the moment when you step in to the car which reads your key fob and adjusts the seating to your pre-programmed preferences you know you are in for a special experience. The navigation system comes to life and the CD player fills the cockpit with warm, bass filled sounds.

As I ease on to Sheikh Zayed Road and into morning traffic it seems to be so much easier to deal with – the car almost appears to drive itself. Changing lanes is effortless and with a tap on the accelerator I can glide through the traffic as though it doesn’t exist.

The first time I really tested the responsiveness of the engine it completely took my breath away. Pushing down on the accelerator at 120 k’s an hour the car almost thanked me and sprang to life - I am stunned at it’s responsiveness and ability to jump from 120 kmh to 160 kmh in a heart beat (I know you said to only do 140 until the 1,000 k service - mi'bad?!).

I now realize how dead and lifeless – and noisy – my previous car was. The G37S shrugs off 160 kmh an hour as though it was almost bored. 180 kmh just seemed to happen without me realizing and it is at this point that the G37S starts to kick into life – I turned off the CD player off to see how noisy the car was at this speed - the growl of the engine is a very faint sound in the background but reassures you that there is much more power should you need it . I find it amazing that at 180 kmh the RPM gauge is still under 4,000 rpm.

I now understand what the comment “hugs the road” means. No corner seemed to be a problem and moving through traffic was effortless. I was thinking to myself how excited I will be to have the 1000 k service out of the way so I can really push the car to see what it can do.

BUT - driving home this evening I pushed up through 200 kmh and still the car was completely responsive and acted as though this was the speed where it started to get comfortable and could really show me what it could do. Obviously driving in the fast lane the whole way home (and watching out for camera’s of course) cars simply move over when they see the car in their rear vision mirror. I only had to flash my lights twice and the effect was immediate. The power and beauty of the vehicle quickly creates respect and drivers simply move out of the way.

Please remember that I was looking for a comfortable, stylish, good looking car – doing speeds like 200 k’s an hour was not my objective. This car has definitely reminded me how exciting and exhilarating driving can be.

As for the accessories – the Bluetooth Phone connection to my iPhone is all good – I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work when we tried to set it up but everything is fine. The auto light function is great – I will never have to bother with turning the headlights on and off as the car simply figures out what needs to be done. The rear parking camera and dual climate control is a nice bonus but I have to admit the growl of the engine when you hit the start button brings a smile to my face.

I haven’t had time to look at using the voice command to control the accessories or programming a new destination on the navigation system – I suspect that there are MANY more features which will make me even more certain that I have chosen the perfect vehicle for me.

Thanks again and please feel free to use me as a referee.

Regards

Last edited by daveindubai; 01-21-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Changes
Old 01-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Mestizo

So im guessing that your happy with your purchase? LOL
Old 01-21-2009, 01:00 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
i'm glad you were as excited as i was when i first got the car... what was your previous car? and who said you can't drive above 140 k? i don't recall seeing that in the manual...
Old 01-21-2009, 01:11 PM
daveindubai

hmmph

Originally Posted by Mestizo
So im guessing that your happy with your purchase? LOL
LOL - yuh reckon? I KNOW it's early days new car purchase but man - so far this blows most cars out of the water.

Here in the UAE big chunky SUV's with overblown engines are the order of the day.Bright yellow is a bonus - seriously - am I wrong to think that's wrong?

So I get some ego inflated my-car-is-bigger-than-yours guy behind me tonight at 160 (just wants to do 170 and sees no reason why some non 4wd less than USD 50,000 car should get in the way of his joy.)

Tapped the accelerrator, hit 200 and watched him fade.

So cool - but I say again that Yaris was a god damn war horse - seriously

Dave
Old 01-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah... I regret getting the car too... :-/

Congrats and welcome! Let the modding begin!
Old 01-21-2009, 01:19 PM
daveindubai

Originally Posted by aliiin
i'm glad you were as excited as i was when i first got the car... what was your previous car? and who said you can't drive above 140 k? i don't recall seeing that in the manual...
Hey man - yep - totally sold horse and cart on this car.

Had a Honda CRX for awhile many years ago, moved to Sydney where having a car seemed dumbarse when work was only down the road so after ummm - 8 years I guess - new car - and THIS car? - awesome!

Staged it today so that so when my work mates camw to see the car I opened the driver door the personal preference thing kicked in with the steering wheel tilting down, drivers seat moving forward etc. Totally impressed - not many of them around here and you can see the look of "ohhhh - so Infiniti DO make a sexy car"

Lead me on - what else can I do - found the 3 jacks in the drivers side (RHS) armrest - what are they for? AV?

Again - I assume you are from the US so I so totally wish you could get the 200 k's an hour thrill from this awesome car!

D

Last edited by daveindubai; 01-22-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Whoa! Welcome and congrats! My A.D.D. kicked in about 2 sentences in to your post but looks like you are happy with your purchase..
Old 01-21-2009, 02:47 PM
XtatiC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great to see your so happy with the G.. congrats and welcome
Old 01-22-2009, 02:49 AM
BiskitG37

Wow - pretty excited about your purchase, huh?
Congrats on your great car and welcome
Old 01-22-2009, 07:14 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
wow wow wow hello and welcome.. I'm guessing you bought your car from Abu Dhabi then I have to tell you, the car markets for itself.. when I was checking out the car at Al Masaood Stealership myself the salesperson who knew shiat about the car decides to start talking I'm shut up biatch I'm having a romantic moment here

We organize local G n Z meets btw.. you might want to visit our website for more on that: www.gtz-uae.com

Name's Sam btw and I'm from all over the country lol
Old 01-22-2009, 07:15 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Oh and btw I'm not sure Fouad got everything you said in that email haha
Old 01-22-2009, 12:19 PM
daveindubai

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Oh and btw I'm not sure Fouad got everything you said in that email haha
Excellent - a local - I doubt he did either but he was fantatsic to deal with and hopefully he'll get some kudos out of it.

Great to find out there is a meet and greet - will definitey check it out.

Gotta say - am finding it hard to stop hitting 200 and above on the Dubai-Abu Dhabi-Dubai drive - once you get past those pesky Dubai cameras and just drive 180 turns into 200 pretty easily (apart from a quick brake for the AD speed cameras) - lovin it!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:30 PM
w0ady

congrats on the g and glad to hear you're enjoying it.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:27 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Originally Posted by daveindubai
Excellent - a local - I doubt he did either but he was fantatsic to deal with and hopefully he'll get some kudos out of it.

Great to find out there is a meet and greet - will definitey check it out.

Gotta say - am finding it hard to stop hitting 200 and above on the Dubai-Abu Dhabi-Dubai drive - once you get past those pesky Dubai cameras and just drive 180 turns into 200 pretty easily (apart from a quick brake for the AD speed cameras) - lovin it!
yup, local right here, only geographicaly though haha.. yeah he's a great man i always visit them have a coffee there n a chat.. funnier thing one of the visits, a guy was looking at a G and in doubt, i went up to him had a chat, took him for a spin (he loved how it sounded, thought it was stock haha) next thing you know he's signing the financing papers! w000t haha

and beware my friend.. any flash above 200 = 1 month impound, my bro got flashed @ 180 by a mobile one which was hidden in a bush like a hairy mans **** haha and YOU DON"T want her impounded trust me