Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Newbie from Scotland

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Tartan37
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie from Scotland

Hi, I'm about to take delivery of a 2011 G37 Coupe S Premium. Pic attached - wheels are being returned to original colour, I'll post when I get delivery.

Hopefully I can add some 'old world' perspectives on G37 ownership - Infiniti is a very different brand in the UK, and still extremely niche.
Attached Thumbnails Newbie from Scotland-p2.61infiniti-g37-.jpg  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:41 AM
kOrE

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks great! Welcome to the site!
Old 08-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
Congrats on the new ride man. Welcome welcome welcome
Old 08-18-2014, 11:08 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:41 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by Tartan37
Hi, I'm about to take delivery of a 2011 G37 Coupe S Premium. Pic attached - wheels are being returned to original colour, I'll post when I get delivery.

Hopefully I can add some 'old world' perspectives on G37 ownership - Infiniti is a very different brand in the UK, and still extremely niche.
How many miles on that badboy? Just curious. Also you got any mod plans in the making?
Old 08-18-2014, 12:26 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Looks nice, what made you go for the g37, I see you went for a manual as well
Old 08-18-2014, 02:11 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice find!
Congrats, and way to represent us over the pond
Glad you found us.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Tartan37
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30k miles (Demo + 1 owner) - no plans to mod, it makes things difficult with your insurance in the UK, unless you specify any mods from standard your insurance can become void! ....and it's quick enough for me as is. Also due to rarity in UK there is very little kit available locally - there are only c 10 Infiniti main dealer in all of UK.

It's a 7 speed auto, I do a lot of city driving.

It's a descent torque converter, better than my current Jaguar, but not as good as a VAG DSG.

In UK there are VERY few G37s, and not a lot of Infinitis - most are SUVs - which was part of the appeal - not BMW, Merc or Audi - all of which are extremely common here.
I have always liked driving 'something a bit different' or Q cars (that look ordinary but have good performance).

Part of the draw was the dealer network - it's very small but making a huge effort to tempt people away from more mainstream makes - so service is first class, something I have found seriously lacking from Jaguar, BMW, Audi and Merc.

I guess I want a sensible, luxury sports car with four usable seats (occasional), fun to drive with lots of toys...sound familiar? Other options (except Germans) were Mazda RX8, but these are no longer produced and those available are getting pretty old with high miles, a bit worrying given rotary engine. The Alfa GT would be an option - but my brother had one and Italian build quality was seriously lacking - engine re-build required after 2 years and 12k miles!

Other practical performance options were Subaru Impreza (too basic and too hard a ride for every day use (IMO), Maserati (old Quatraporte) - see comments re Alfa., and I really didnt fancy a hot hatch-back...been there done that.

What did you guys trade in for your G37s?
Old 08-18-2014, 02:36 PM
ModBargains.com
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Great looking G
Old 08-18-2014, 04:27 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Nice. I think you made a great choice, the vq platform is great, and I think the g is a masterfully adapting vehicle, the engine and car are highly amenable to modifications
Old 08-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by Tartan37
30k miles (Demo + 1 owner) - no plans to mod, it makes things difficult with your insurance in the UK, unless you specify any mods from standard your insurance can become void! ....and it's quick enough for me as is. Also due to rarity in UK there is very little kit available locally - there are only c 10 Infiniti main dealer in all of UK.

It's a 7 speed auto, I do a lot of city driving.

It's a descent torque converter, better than my current Jaguar, but not as good as a VAG DSG.

In UK there are VERY few G37s, and not a lot of Infinitis - most are SUVs - which was part of the appeal - not BMW, Merc or Audi - all of which are extremely common here.
I have always liked driving 'something a bit different' or Q cars (that look ordinary but have good performance).

Part of the draw was the dealer network - it's very small but making a huge effort to tempt people away from more mainstream makes - so service is first class, something I have found seriously lacking from Jaguar, BMW, Audi and Merc.

I guess I want a sensible, luxury sports car with four usable seats (occasional), fun to drive with lots of toys...sound familiar? Other options (except Germans) were Mazda RX8, but these are no longer produced and those available are getting pretty old with high miles, a bit worrying given rotary engine. The Alfa GT would be an option - but my brother had one and Italian build quality was seriously lacking - engine re-build required after 2 years and 12k miles!

Other practical performance options were Subaru Impreza (too basic and too hard a ride for every day use (IMO), Maserati (old Quatraporte) - see comments re Alfa., and I really didnt fancy a hot hatch-back...been there done that.

What did you guys trade in for your G37s?
Man sounds like you've had several nice rides. I used to want a jag with every bone in my body back when I was younger. Never was able to get one. Once I got back from deployment with the army I wanted a hardtop convertible n nothing else. I tried to get a Lexus SC430 but when I went to purchase I discovered that while on deployment someone had very successfully stolen my identity and purchased 3 $10K to $13K rings & necklaces from a local jewelry store!!! So my credit score (even tho I had never bought anything in my life on credit) was an abisimul 506...lmfao I'm so glad those days are over. So anyway I had to abort my dream of the HT vert and I decided to go with an 04 G35 coupe with 30K miles. Paid cash so the credit score didn't F me. Man I loved that 35! I love my new hardtop vert G37 (of course I eventually fulfilled the dream & fixed the credit score too btw)