Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Trouble Adjusting

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 03:33 PM
frldude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help me enjoy my 328hp g37xS

Six days ago, I bought a g37xS sedan and have had much trouble. I need your input to help me crush the dealer so I can enjoy 328hp and 7500rpm.

1. The car had 50 miles on it instead of being brand new. When I protested on delivery my dealer told me that ALL vehicles are tested in japan (at least 20 miles) and again at the dealership (20+ miles required). Can anyone corroborate this or make me feel sane by confirming it simply is not true?

2. A second delivery issue is that the car had a tiny scratch on the center console. So tiny anyone but me would not have noticed, but I pointed it out to the dealer and they say they would touch it up at the first service. This same center console now creaks each time I take a corner. Any one else have a creaky center console?

3. A tiny dime size dent in the roof that is only noticeable in the right light. I am bringing the car in tomorrow and we will see if the dealer agrees to fix it. My guess is that it occurred during the mystery 50 mile "testing" cruise.

4. The valve train is extremely noisy and pings often. I am hopeful that all g37s sound this way. Input welcome. I believe in breaking in a car and it has not seen over 3k RPM - we are at 600 miles and I am waiting until 1500 and an oil change.

Otherwise I really like the car. It has great power and handles very well - two qualities I will appreciate much more once I "break it" in. I am hopeful that my bad experience is an anomaly and that better roads are ahead.

Last edited by frldude; 11-19-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: no responses
Old 11-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I received one vehicle with 5 miles, but most were closer to 50, a couple were over 100 miles. Not a real issue. It sounds like everything are items your dealer will fix, remember you have to break in the car, 1,500 miles. Make sure you are running 92 octane fuel. at least 91, as that is all we can get where I am at. Don't skimp on fuel or your car will let you know. Other than that if you are running the correct fuel point it out at the dealership when you go in and make sure nothing else is wrong.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by frldude
Six days ago, I bought a g37xS sedan and have had much trouble. I need your input to help me crush the dealer so I can enjoy 328hp and 7500rpm.

1. The car had 50 miles on it instead of being brand new. When I protested on delivery my dealer told me that ALL vehicles are tested in japan (at least 20 miles) and again at the dealership (20+ miles required). Can anyone corroborate this or make me feel sane by confirming it simply is not true?

2. A second delivery issue is that the car had a tiny scratch on the center console. So tiny anyone but me would not have noticed, but I pointed it out to the dealer and they say they would touch it up at the first service. This same center console now creaks each time I take a corner. Any one else have a creaky center console?

3. A tiny dime size dent in the roof that is only noticeable in the right light. I am bringing the car in tomorrow and we will see if the dealer agrees to fix it. My guess is that it occurred during the mystery 50 mile "testing" cruise.

4. The valve train is extremely noisy and pings often. I am hopeful that all g37s sound this way. Input welcome. I believe in breaking in a car and it has not seen over 3k RPM - we are at 600 miles and I am waiting until 1500 and an oil change.

Otherwise I really like the car. It has great power and handles very well - two qualities I will appreciate much more once I "break it" in. I am hopeful that my bad experience is an anomaly and that better roads are ahead.

Do not wait till first service.

Bring it in for all repairs right away.

Do not see if they "agree" to fix it, drop the car off, give them a laundry list, drive away in a rental on their dime until fixed.

I would not have taken delivery even with just a scratch on the console.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:24 PM
frldude

thanks for the advice. It seems like you have had a number of infinitis and working with the dealer. I only run 93 octane fuel. I have a g25 as a loaner - smooth but under-powered.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1)My '11 had 9 miles. It had been lightly tested by the dealer, but still had the shipping stickers on it.

2)I am smarting from accepting a car with gouges in the windshield trim...It was a test drive car and only bothers me when I was that section. I hope they honor their word on fixing the scratch. The creaking should be under warranty.

3)Let me know what happens on the dent...

4)Possibly an octane issue. I notice that the car makes weird ticking while in drive throughs due to the sound bouncing back, not that it is complaining that I don't eat healthy enough.

Keep track of your oil level if you are paranoid. I've had no consumption.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:34 AM
frldude

update:

roof dent is fixed; can't even tell any damage - took all of about 20 minutes to diagnose and pop it out.

center console still creaks - i do not think they took it seriously and just said yeah we fixed it.

scratch on center console - repaired; still noticeable b/c of slightly different texture, but you really need to be looking for it.

"engine is supposed to sound that way"

so here is the last question: i have the dealer survey, do i tell them what i really think? this would mean ALL zeros and commentary about how disappointed i am and turned off to that dealer and infiniti, that based on the delivery and not the product I am not able to recommend infiniti to others. (for close to $40k, I just expect more).

Or since they are the only dealer around and i will have the car serviced there, do i play nice give them tens and continue to tell the assistant gm and gm how they need to do better for me. I am in to getting what is best for me and not punishing them.

does anyone know how those surveys affect the dealer?
Old 11-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Bota36

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by frldude
update:

roof dent is fixed; can't even tell any damage - took all of about 20 minutes to diagnose and pop it out.

center console still creaks - i do not think they took it seriously and just said yeah we fixed it.

scratch on center console - repaired; still noticeable b/c of slightly different texture, but you really need to be looking for it.

"engine is supposed to sound that way"

so here is the last question: i have the dealer survey, do i tell them what i really think? this would mean ALL zeros and commentary about how disappointed i am and turned off to that dealer and infiniti, that based on the delivery and not the product I am not able to recommend infiniti to others. (for close to $40k, I just expect more).

Or since they are the only dealer around and i will have the car serviced there, do i play nice give them tens and continue to tell the assistant gm and gm how they need to do better for me. I am in to getting what is best for me and not punishing them.

does anyone know how those surveys affect the dealer?

I think you should base some of your survey on what the dealer did for you after you took possession. You sound like a reasonable person and most likely understand some responsibility lies upon you for taking the car when some issues were pre-existing.

Glad to see you had your issues fixed. Make sure to have the center console fixed. Don't let them pass that off as normal or we can't identify it. Have them come with you on a drive.

Good luck!