Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Passenger window shakes against frame - fix?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 09:24 PM
ninjastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger window shakes against frame - fix?

The first problem I had with my passenger window was an air leak, so the window was not sealing properly (I also did not have the window shaking issue at this time). I took my car to the dealership and had the window fixed, there was a 1/2 inch gap that they had to adjust. My window was good to go, but then about 2 weeks later my window started shaking against the frame. I'm not sure what caused this. A week later I had my windows tinted at a local tint shop and when the tinting was finished I drove away noticing the shaking had stopped. Again, all was good for a couple of weeks, until the shaking reappeared! I did not want to take it to a dealership to pay to have another window adjustment fix, when I can probably do it myself if I can find out how.

This time I noticed the shaking the morning after my friend, upon exiting my car, shut the passenger side causing it to slam. The window shakes when it is sealed all the way up and open at any fraction. The only time I do not hear it is when I have the window completely rolled down. Also, no matter the condition of the road, the window shakes...the bumpier the roads, the more louder it gets.

I have tried the window resetting procedure in the manual, but this did not solve the problem. Any suggestions? I did find a thread to remove the door panel, but I'm not sure where to go from there...Thanks in advance!
Old 08-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Brandisher

Is your car still under warranty? The dealership probably took the door panel apart to look for issues and forgot to tighten a screw or something. If you paid for it the first time, I'd go back with verbal words a blazing!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:25 AM
ninjastic

No, it's no longer under warranty. I bought the vehicle used. A friend of mine recently mentioned to me that it may have something to do with the fender??? Oddly, again its no longer shaking after a friend shut the door a lil to hard. I'll see about having the door looked at either way...I'll have to call the dealer for an estimate. Thanks for you response!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:36 AM
buckets

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
i know exactly what you're talking about, my driver side window does it. i have no idea what is wrong with it but i plan on opening the door panel up and finding out. let us know what you find out.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 AM
babyxgk17

Any update on the window issue. I seem to be having the same issue.