NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

E3 2006 discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 01:20 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahh, now that would make sense. I guess its actually going through the handshake method rather than general broadcast.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Stytch

IMO, I really think SONY is gonna kill it come NOV. 07'. I have faith in their technology. Ever since PS1 they have been shutting things down, I mean really I sold my SEGA SATURN to get a PS1 & when PS2 came out and they said that it would be able to play PS1 games I was like WTF I gotta get it now
I'm not a real big fan of the XBOX or 360, don't get me wrong I'll play Halo almost all day and PGR 3 & Ghost Recon is like that on the 360...but I just can't seem to make myself buy one....maybe in the back of my mind I have a psychological Bill Gates vendetta...lol
Old 05-08-2006, 01:26 PM
terryw

well everything is looking sweet for the ps3 with such power dominance over xbox360 and they have tons of 3rd party support. however if they price it too high, they will shoot them selves in the foot. if they cant get the consoles into living rooms, software support will dry up quick.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:28 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

hahaha, I used to be a sony console fan only. After playing the 360, I knew it was and is the best console currently out. The 360 now has games that I want to play and not only that, they look great in hi def, the controller is awesome and better than the ps2 controller without question in my mind.

Though the PS3 will be a more powerful console, I dont think they are gonna kill the market this go round. They may have more share in the market when it releases, but it wont be a stronghold like this last go round.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:36 PM
terryw

xbox360 is doing weak sales wise imo, to date M$ has not sold as many xbox360s as xbox during the same period after xbox launch. The initial supply shock has long been resolved. now theres unsold xbox360s sitting in stores. demand has died down considerably. to date xbox360 still dosnt have a console seller like Halo. The original Xbox did much better.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:38 PM
KlokDeezal

Originally Posted by terryw
well everything is looking sweet for the ps3 with such power dominance over xbox360 and I should know being I specialize in the dominance dept.
hmmm....ya dont say j/k
Old 05-08-2006, 01:41 PM
terryw

lol
Old 05-08-2006, 01:42 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

I believe the cause of systems not selling like before is that gaming in general (well in the console market) has gone down considerably. even powerhouse EA had to let a few people go due to downsizing.

With that factor at hand, I believe the 360 is holding its own currently.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:54 PM
KlokDeezal

Well according to microsoft Xbox sales. They have sold 3.2 million units and their goal is to sell between 4.5 - 5 million before the end of June. I dont think they are going to do it IMO
Old 05-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Stytch

Originally Posted by clokwork
hahaha, I used to be a sony console fan only. After playing the 360, I knew it was and is the best console currently out. The 360 now has games that I want to play and not only that, they look great in hi def, the controller is awesome and better than the ps2 controller without question in my mind.

Though the PS3 will be a more powerful console, I dont think they are gonna kill the market this go round. They may have more share in the market when it releases, but it wont be a stronghold like this last go round.

I don't know because everybody seems to 4get about Nintendo just for the simple fact that they target a much younger audience due to the kidish games they produce like pokemon & mario party and all that other crap. Personally I really want to see how the new ZELDA game is coming along {thinking-ZELDA is the shyt} but that would be a waste of money on my part if I buy the Wii just for the new metroid & zelda games. Nintendo has got to step it up and have something to appeal to a much older crowd. & to what Terry said, Sony does has sort of a dilemma to the pricing of the PS3. I mean DAMN 500 - 700 dollars WTF I know that we'll be paying for the Blue Tooth, Wi-Fi, Blu Ray & all of the other special gadets in the machine, but really, how many people are willing to shell out that kind of money. Me personally I would for the fact that I don't have a next gen system & a Blu ray DVD player plus from what I've seen like the Cho Yun Fat game, Resident Evil 5 & this other game called Heavenly Sword...these games are off the hook. Another reason that sony will shoot themselves in the foot is a rumor stating,(IF IT'S TRUE) that if u buy a game a play it on your system then that game will be permently encrypted on your system and no other PS3s would be able to play that game. I think that is REALLY REALLY stupid. For (1) they would lose so much money from the people who want to try a game out and rent it from blockbuster and (2) some people just wouldn't want to buy the system and have to go through a dumb process of chancing a game that they don't like. Because if that was me and I buy a game that I didn't like and try to take it back to EB games and they tell me O well we can't take the game back cuz it can only be played on your system...I will be mad as hell at sony 4 doing something dumb like that.

DAMN I didn't even realized I typed that much, so sorry.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:02 PM
KlokDeezal

I totally agree w/ you. I hope Sony does not make the games to where you can only play it on your system. I dont think I would get it if it did have that despite all the other cool new extras and graphics. If I cant burn it or rent it, then I aint buyin
Old 05-08-2006, 02:23 PM
terryw

First nintendo Wii game screenshot... not impressive at all graphics wise. but looks quite fun. i think i will be getting the console since its going to be cheap, its probably going to be great for parties,
http://www.e3insider.com/images/?typ...eID=2QF45JF4HA
Old 05-08-2006, 02:38 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

How much do you suppose the wii is going for? I also concur with you about the systems current screenshots. not impressed at all but does look like fun. Just not long-term fun imo.

I hadnt heard about sony having the encyption system. That would suck for many people. I would buy the system regardless of this though. I am sure they would have it through their "live" system where you can demo each game before you buy it if they end up doing something like that.

There isnt much that could happen realistically to the ps3 to keep me from getting it.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:25 PM
terryw

$199
Old 05-08-2006, 04:34 PM
terryw

Square Enix press conference live now
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149412

Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 exclusive
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.h...349&pid=932831

Last edited by terryw; 05-08-2006 at 04:42 PM.

Quick Reply: E3 2006 discussion