MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Help G37 tune?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:11 AM
samuel1021
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Yeah man, sometimes it's hard to find good info. Just keep digging until your comfortable you have the answers. That's what I do.
Sounds like my best bet at this point.

The only reason I'm so hesitant is because if you get a rejection for the ECU being altered, the car then has to go to an MAC center which is just basically an inspection station that does a real in depth inspection of your car, and I just know I'll get buried for my mods.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:58 PM
G37Genova

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by samuel1021
Sounds like my best bet at this point.

The only reason I'm so hesitant is because if you get a rejection for the ECU being altered, the car then has to go to an MAC center which is just basically an inspection station that does a real in depth inspection of your car, and I just know I'll get buried for my mods.
I know this is an old thread but im from mass and was planning on getting an UpRev tune did you ever find out if our cars would pass or not with one
Old 04-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Solidus
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
I'm surprised as many of you are tuned with uprev that more people dont have their own cable and do e-tunes. My Titan was uprev tuned and even though I gave up my license by mistake I still have the cable. You can always flash your car back to stock and a few quick 0-60 log runs can get you back on track with an e-tune after adding a new part. Another benefit is fuel reset after adding parts and checking codes. If you add an intake or exhaust you're "ok" , but if you add headers your afr's are certainly going to be whacked out. Another benefit of Uprev on a stock automatic is "line pressure" which will make shifts better but are awesome wwhen combined with a shift kit. Also if you get the tuner version you can either tune yourself or let someone who knows how but is not an uprev tuner do it for you. I bought my cable and license for my Titan from Seymore4 and was tuned by RB using etunes. Couple 0-60 and a couple freeway pulls; email to the tuner wait an hour, load new rom , do reset......done
The following users liked this post:
seymore4 (04-05-2014)