MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Betty's Garage Grounding Wires Installed - Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 08:51 AM
MentalWard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm ordering mine asap, but - as to the negative being unhooked and having to reset the ECU - I propose following the installation guide exactly - however, why wouldn't you just keep the initial grounding wire (from the neg terminal) sitting in the correct position, and hooking it up Last? This is a ground, and none of the screws have power flowing through them - so, if you hook the cable up very last, you only have the neg term off for a minute or so... you just have to make sure that it stays put during the wire pulling...
Just a thought...
Old 05-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by MentalWard
I'm ordering mine asap, but - as to the negative being unhooked and having to reset the ECU - I propose following the installation guide exactly - however, why wouldn't you just keep the initial grounding wire (from the neg terminal) sitting in the correct position, and hooking it up Last? This is a ground, and none of the screws have power flowing through them - so, if you hook the cable up very last, you only have the neg term off for a minute or so... you just have to make sure that it stays put during the wire pulling...
Just a thought...
He doesn't make it anymore
Old 05-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Holy hell this thread is ancient! finangle69 was my first test mule (other than my own car) and customer.

But Kuro is correct - I don't make or sell grounding wires anymore. I haven't for a few years now. I still get PM and email asking me for them. If I'd gotten more of those back when I was doing the work I wouldn't have stopped and went back to my "real" job again. Sorry guys, I can't help you with this but it's not that difficult to DIY.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:35 PM
dgey1

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
there is a DIY thread on the forum. purchasing materials, making the wires and installation are incredibly easy. do a search... buy materials from either a stereo installation facility or home depot. costs range from $23-$35. time to make the wires is about 30 minutes with simple tools. use a hammer to crimp, look at youtube if unsure. The benefits are stellar. I saw and am still seeing improvement. I have an 09 sedan auto. shifting, stereo etc are better.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:15 PM
blueis300
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Ive made my own before but they never came as close to looking as good as those.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Джон
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I honestly don't see how adding these grounding wires would do all of this.
If you think you have a grounding issue I would take an ohmmeter, disconnect your battery and measure the resistance to your battery negative cable from all the components like the engine, ECU, etc.
I doubt that you would find much more resistance than the leads themselves. If you did find a lot of resistance then adding additional grounding would make sense. Otherwise I think this is a placebo