MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Rocket Jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mods and Factory Warranty??

I am preparing to lower my sedan on Swift springs, add camber kits, etc. and understand my factory warranty on suspension will be voided once I do that. I just had my car in for service and at 20,000 miles the sway bar end links needed to be replaced. So I am questioning how smart it is do make the suspension upgrades before my warranty has expired......I have over a year left.

So my question, what have you guys done???

RJ
Old 05-28-2012, 12:21 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by CRV_33
Hey guys I just purchased a pre-owned vehicle back in February from an Infiniti dealership and I paid the tax, title, and license. My tabs are expire in July. Am I responsible for paying the renewal fees again 5 months later?
I believe you are if it says they are expired.
Originally Posted by Rocket Jockey
I am preparing to lower my sedan on Swift springs, add camber kits, etc. and understand my factory warranty on suspension will be voided once I do that. I just had my car in for service and at 20,000 miles the sway bar end links needed to be replaced. So I am questioning how smart it is do make the suspension upgrades before my warranty has expired......I have over a year left.

So my question, what have you guys done???

RJ
Depending on if you want to go lower. Most suspension stuff is easy to do yourself so its not as big of a deal to mess around with unlike say, your engine which I refuse to touch all together lol. But suspension, pieces can be changed and beefed up or whatever so it isn't a big deal to me personally. My warranty was up when I lowered mine but it just took me that long to decide more than anything.

If you wanna go low, i say do it lol. Thats weird though that you needed endlinks at 20k.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CRV_33
Hey guys I just purchased a pre-owned vehicle back in February from an Infiniti dealership and I paid the tax, title, and license. My tabs are expire in July. Am I responsible for paying the renewal fees again 5 months later?
When you bought the car if it had plates on it you shouldn't have had to pay a license/tab fee. I would double check that you actually paid that fee. If the car needed plates/tabs, yes you should have paid, but they would have been good for 1 year.

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
I believe you are if it says they are expired.

Depending on if you want to go lower. Most suspension stuff is easy to do yourself so its not as big of a deal to mess around with unlike say, your engine which I refuse to touch all together lol. But suspension, pieces can be changed and beefed up or whatever so it isn't a big deal to me personally. My warranty was up when I lowered mine but it just took me that long to decide more than anything.

If you wanna go low, i say do it lol. Thats weird though that you needed endlinks at 20k.
I agree.

If you are willing to give up the possibility that something "might" go wrong that you will have to replace on your own then leave the springs for a year. I don't think you will run into any problems if you do lower it though. Like Janik said, suspension is fairly easy to work on if something does wear out that won't be covered under warranty. I say lower it, but it is up to you.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:47 PM
maDUECEgunner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my G is getting nailed with hail right now...
Old 05-28-2012, 04:00 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by maDUECEgunner
my G is getting nailed with hail right now...
Why is it outside
Old 05-28-2012, 06:40 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by MN-G-Fever
Why is it outside
WERD...fail
Old 05-28-2012, 07:19 PM
maDUECEgunner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Because I don't have my own garage. Considering I just got back, I don't have my own house. I am staying at my with my fiancé at her parents house. The 2012 altima and the yukon were in the garage.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

RJ if they expired 5 months later you only paid for having the registration and plates....you didn't pay tabs. If you had good plates/tabs you didn't pay for the tabs and you will need to. I work at dealership, it's what we do
Old 05-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

I feel like I should email Yahoo! and get mad at them for slandering my good name....

"Roger and a friend named Michael Smith had decided to steal a random car from outside an Oklahoma City grocery store. The two men spotted 33-year-old Rick Patterson leaving the store on an October night in 1985. After abducting him at gunpoint, they put Patterson in the trunk and concluded he would have to be killed to prevent him from identifying his captors."

2 brothers sentenced to death in separate states - Yahoo! News

Haha!! Funny shiz
Old 05-29-2012, 12:11 AM
rolson1

Originally Posted by Hotsauce
Im buying mine this coming monday or tuesday, the install shouldn't be so hard. Only hard part is the torque specs.
Tourqe specs? Where the hell do you need to tourque? I feel like everything in there wouldn't need to be tourqued specifically. Settle on the "good-n-tight" philosophy.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:17 AM
glowrdr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thinking of getting the navi update for my car, since it's maps are going on 5 years old. I drive a ton for work, and use my GPS 70+% of the time I drive. My car doesn't realize that half of Maple Grove exists, and there are a few pretty good sized chunks missing from Elk River as well.

1) Can anyone confirm if this info has been updated recently (Like the 94 exit where Granite City is - is missing on my map, so GPS always has me take some god awful backroad to get me there - I think it makes me backtrack to 169/81)

2) Does anyone have any idea what the dealerships are charging for the code install?
Old 05-29-2012, 01:31 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Dealer charges like 50-$100 to put in the codes.

Tevi did it. He said it made a pretty big difference and his car is an 08 which has one year on yours.

If you use it a lot, i'd definitely do it. It will be worth it especially if your running into that problem of it not knowing roads.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:19 AM
Hotsauce

Originally Posted by rolson1
Tourqe specs? Where the hell do you need to tourque? I feel like everything in there wouldn't need to be tourqued specifically. Settle on the "good-n-tight" philosophy.
Just for the spacer, there's a specific pattern on bolting it back on as well as specific torque specs. (That's what I've herd from 4 350z owners.)

Ill just do the "good-n-tight" philosophy.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:22 AM
glowrdr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe i'll have to have it done while I'm in for my free oil change. lol

Thanks for the info! I know Alpine (who Acura uses) actually had a site you could goto that would say what updates were in the latest additions, so you could kind of check to be sure the areas you wanted were updated. It's not often (ok.. maybe once every couple of weeks) that I can't find an address - or know that I'm getting screwed in mileage. It's enough to make me wonder what else I'm missing. Especially since I'm usually going from one obscure place to another, so there are lots of backroads that I take (and in some of the outskirt areas like MG, Elk River, Andover etc - they keep building out every couple of years)
Old 05-29-2012, 09:25 AM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Dealer charges like 50-$100 to put in the codes.

Tevi did it. He said it made a pretty big difference and his car is an 08 which has one year on yours.

If you use it a lot, i'd definitely do it. It will be worth it especially if your running into that problem of it not knowing roads.
Originally Posted by glowrdr
Maybe i'll have to have it done while I'm in for my free oil change. lol

Thanks for the info! I know Alpine (who Acura uses) actually had a site you could goto that would say what updates were in the latest additions, so you could kind of check to be sure the areas you wanted were updated. It's not often (ok.. maybe once every couple of weeks) that I can't find an address - or know that I'm getting screwed in mileage. It's enough to make me wonder what else I'm missing. Especially since I'm usually going from one obscure place to another, so there are lots of backroads that I take (and in some of the outskirt areas like MG, Elk River, Andover etc - they keep building out every couple of years)
the dealer charges around $50 to install the code for you, however, you need to purchase the code first from navtech, which is around $150, unless you receive an email for the discounted price of around $99, which i never have...so total, you'll be spending around $200 FYI. they recommend if you have navi to update the maps every couple of years, but you can definitely update every year if you like.

Quick Reply: Official *MN G CREW* rAnDoM chat thread/room