HI I'm new. Want to mod. But need help. - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > Tech Area > Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction > Intake and Exhaust
Reload this Page >

HI I'm new. Want to mod. But need help.

Notices
Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Strangereal

I just bought a new automatic g37 journey coupe. I've had it for a few months and I'm loving every bit of it. The only thing in pretty sad about is the underwhelming sound. I would like it to sound like...
https://youtu.be/W3i9ITjVQYc but I still need an exhaust because it's illegal to not have one in the US.
uhhh also will this be too rice? Will I have to buy a brake set of intake first?
Old 07-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Strangereal

Oh and also I am pretty new to car culture and the car scene so go easy on me. I think there is something called drone? I heard it gives you a headache when you're cruising. Is there an exhaust that takes out drone but can still make it sound like the link I gave?
Old 07-08-2018, 03:48 PM
SkyG37

Welcome to the forum. Google is your best friend at this moment, and myG37.com is your second best friend. Now, head over the G37 Coupe Section under GSPOT, and read the exhaust thread as well as head over the exhaust thread section under tech area.

There's plenty of information about this car, as well as exhausts, as this car is a 10 year old car.

Overall, congratulations on the G and good luck on finding the perfect mods.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:03 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,205 Posts
There’s a number of exhausts that are louder and will give you more sound without drone. Exhaust drone is a persistent low pitched hum that some systems have at certain rpm. Motordyne is an great system that roars under heavy throttle, sounds low, mellow, and throaty, but doesn’t drone. It’s fantastic but it’s more expensive than some of the lower end stuff.

Meisterschaft is another too notch choice but it’s also expensive.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:16 PM
Herostar

Welcome!
They others have said it already, so use the internet to your advantage and do some searching. I'm certain you'll find what you're looking for.

Advice:
The two things that will increase the sound of your car are the intake and exhaust.

Intakes are (generally) cheaper, but make less of a difference in performance/sound. I'd recommend doing some searching for what would work for your needs. The two most common routes people here take are either a full cold air intake system OR replacing the stock paper air filters with high-flow aftermarket ones plus installing high-flow intake tubes like these.

Exhaust is a whole other animal. There are a bunch of options that can fit most budgets, ranging from a muffler replacement to a full header/cat/midpipe/muffler replacement. Infiniti makes a nice "Sport Accessory Muffler" that I've heard no complaints about, but it's expensive because it's from Infiniti. High-flow catalytic converters will give you the most performance gain of any exhaust modifications, but they'll also be expensive. You can find cheap aftermarket muffler replacements on eBay if you're only after sound, but you generally get what you pay for...

Good Luck!
Old 07-10-2018, 12:19 AM
f1oyd

I recently added HFCs from Z1 and a Tanabe Medallion axle-back and it sounds great. Highly recommended. Total was about $1100 for parts + $600 for installation.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:01 AM
FSUGrad90

Top Speed Pro 1 exhaust and I had Kinetix High Flo Cats installed