Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

want to lease but kinda clueless how they calculate the numbers, need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 01:33 AM
NyC Driven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
want to lease but kinda clueless how they calculate the numbers, need help

Alright so ive tried googling it but these financial terms are all a complete foreign language to me. Im trying to get into a lease on an 08 G37S but i dont want to get ripped off, this is my first car that im getting from a dealer (private sales before this)...is a 36 month, 39 month or 24 month lease better?

First of all, i need to understand the difference btwn MSRP and invoice price, and how you can negotiate on that.

Second, what is base cap cost or cap cost reduction? What about bank rate fee? money factor? residual value? taxes? dealer fees? im trying to understand all these terms and how they equateinto your payments...how much can you reasonaby talk them into lowering payments?

Also, what portion of that "$2000 due at signing" goes towards any reduction of the car price vs fees and costs and dealers pocket?? I dont want to put any money up front except for my first payment, is that possible? How much does it advantage/disadvantage me?

I dont want the dealer to run all this car sales jargon at me and i be clueless and end up not knowing whether the price he's giving is actually a good deal or just better than the first number he said to me and how much lower can i realistically actually go without making myself seem like i dont know what im talking about
Old 03-12-2008, 01:41 AM
tfrey10

start here

try starting here:
http://www.swapalease.com/content/what_is_a_lease.asp

Go through all the sections, it should define all the terms you've asked about. Once you understand the lease process, myself and other folks here can summarize the details of the different lease terms for the g37.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:46 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey.. welcome to the site. I see that you need alot of help but you came to the right place. If i cant answer all your ??s some1 can. I also see your from nyc, before we start im from ny as well. What part you from?

As of now the 24 month works out metter. Im not sure with the sales of march bc i bought last month but i believe that 24 in general is better for the g37s coupe.

The difference between msrp and invoice is.. msrp is the retail price of the car. And the invoice is more around where they recieve the car for, but if the dealer sells you the car for invoice they still make money off it. trust me i paid 500 under invoice best deal i came around on this site. And i started out just where you are. I took my time took me months but i got the deal that i wanted.

The key to nego is knowing your shyt. You want to walk into the dealer telling them what you want and how much you wanna spend.

Cap cost is what your buying the car for vs the msrp. Basically shows how much your saving on your buy

Bank fee in ny i believe is like 700 bucks or w.e something around there just a normal fee.

now money factor plays a big part in your payment, along with resid. plug n play with those numbers and you would get your monthly payment.

dealer fees are basically the dest fee, bank fee, dmv fee everything else is basically known as bull shiit. but i might be missing one thing.

If i was you dont put anything down except first payment and fees. Roll in taxes.

Now along with finding out resid, and mf. you can google them or click members and search lease compare and pm and he will let you know them monthly. and he would also give the equation which to solve this.

Dont do anything until you kno how much you want to spend.

And btw (by the way) g37s i hope stands for sport not journey with sport package. Bc the g37 sport leases much better then journey and it comes with sport package. And y not get g37s in manual 330 hp rwd =) good luck if you need help PM. If your local i might be able to get you a good deal just bc your an nyc'errr
To find msrp n invoice costcoautos.com helped me. And leasecalculator.com helped me for my payment.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:05 AM
NyC Driven

hey vinny, i actually saw your ride, and strange thing, thats the exact same car i wanted basically...i dont know what the LEDs are but i want the IP/graphite, prem, nav, spoiler 6MT sport...im from corona, queens.

I went to a dealer yesterday to test drive and i was debating between the coupe and sedan but once i drove the coupe, i loved it. They kept pushing me towards 39 months and the prices obviously looked better but i realized the dealers just want to talk about monthly payments rather than the actual cost of the vehicle which i read is where you should start the negotiating rather than the payments.

Thanks for your help, where did u get your car?
Old 03-12-2008, 11:21 AM
dji

NYC - here is a good calculator:

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

Also, here are the current lease numbers for the G37:
http://www.leasecompare.com/auto_lea...hp?f=18&t=2990

Use the numbers relevant to you in the linked post above, as well as the negotiated price of the car you worked out with your dealer.

Also, as I've said before... 39 month terms can make the monthly payment more attractive, but you really end up having to pay for another year's tabs, getting only 3 months use out of them. (39 month terms usually have the same residuals & Money factors as 36 month terms do)

Good luck and let me know if you have any specific questions!

Last edited by dji; 03-12-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:11 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thats what i was talking about ^^ my bad if i called the sites something else i havent used them since i bought my car
Old 03-18-2008, 07:51 PM
NyC Driven

Wow now it all makes sense and I can totally tell whether im getting the best price possible or not and know my money is not going down some dealers pocket, thanks guys...this is considering i didnt even know what an invoice price was a week ago, lol