Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

want to go FI but need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
EuroG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
want to go FI but need some advice.

Alright so im new to the forums and have a few questions on going forced induction. I will be happy with 400-500whp so i am thinking a supercharger will do the job. The kit i have my eyes on at the moment is stillen and gtm but not sure which one i should go with. Are there any no problems with either of these kits??? Are they a direct bolt on??? I really just want my car to remain daily driver reliable and have the power to put the ricers to shame around here and at the track.I have a list of mods i am going to buy also an will post those up so i can get your advice on the wuality of the parts and maybe some reviews. What i dont want is to install a supercharger kit and my car start running like crap due to the software and what not. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Also i am not new to forced induction vehicles just new to the g37. I previously owned n othing but Vw/ audis and had a vr6 jetta turbo with 400whp so i know what im getting into just want advice on the g37 platform and parts for it thanks.

Parts list so far:

KW v3 coilovers
sway bars and any other braces i can find (strut, subframe etc etc)
camber kits
GMT 3" exhaust
Clutch/light weight flywheel/ Lsd
work wheels
lip kit ( not sure of name but it has carbon fiber on rear lip)
Turbo/supercharger kit
seats wrapped in red leather
2 jl w13 subs
boost guage, afr guage, boost controller, and maybe turbo timer if i go that route.
Big brakes ( i like the willwood)

I am picking up the car next week and would really like to start ordering the parts now so i dont have to wait to long because i soon as i get car i want it to go to the shop to get work done so i can make it to the track before its closed for the weekend. Also i was leaning towards the supercharger because of the ease of install and since i get tired of cars very fast it would be the smart thing to do.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As of right now the GTM kit sounds very promising cuz Stillen isn't selling any kit's till they figured out their tunes. Unless you buy Stillen's tuner kit and get a full custom tune with the smaller pulley, you can probably get 420-430whp. Both are great kit but requires a good tuner to get those high numbers. I personally have the Stillen kit right now. It's running okay not perfect yet, I hope Stillen will come up with something that'll have great power and great driveability.

If you got the cash, TT is the way to go! Screw the supercharger lol
Old 10-11-2010, 06:24 PM
EuroG37

any advice will be great, btw car is 09-10 g37S 6 speed

any reliable tt kits out on the market??? any tried and proven?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Weiboy718

A few more things to add. Our car's are known to run pretty Damn hot. A oil cooler is needed and if you're an AT tranny a tranny cooler is needed also.

At the mean time the Hks camp 2 is the one I know that would be able to monitor all your gauge needs. Nobody has yet to develop a gauge pod pillars for us. I doubt they will unless you find somebody to fab one up for you.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by EuroG37
any advice will be great, btw car is 09-10 g37S 6 speed

any reliable tt kits out on the market??? any tried and proven?
CHEck out GTM TT turn key kit. Many has already done so and still going strong
Old 10-11-2010, 10:05 PM
DmfG37sTT

First off, I would like to welcome you to the forums. alot of stuff to be learned about here. Now, From the look of your build list money probably isnt a huge issue for you. Assuming that I would go with TT. Will get you your power goal very easily and GTM makes a great kit for our cars. Keeps drivability and also gives you the power your looking for if not more! I would give sam at GTM a call and throw some ideas at him. Again welcome to the forums and I hope I offered some help.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
First off, I would like to welcome you to the forums. alot of stuff to be learned about here. Now, From the look of your build list money probably isnt a huge issue for you. Assuming that I would go with TT. Will get you your power goal very easily and GTM makes a great kit for our cars. Keeps drivability and also gives you the power your looking for if not more! I would give sam at GTM a call and throw some ideas at him. Again welcome to the forums and I hope I offered some help.
we have no idea what you're talking about till you make some videos of your setup hahahaha! show us how fast your car is
Old 10-12-2010, 12:04 AM
DmfG37sTT

Sam still has the car. Me and him have both been real busy to even worry about my car. The transport should be there soon to bring it back home. However I did end up buying a 2008 chevy silverado 1500 z71 4x4. Been great and I needed a car for the winter.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
Sam still has the car. Me and him have both been real busy to even worry about my car. The transport should be there soon to bring it back home. However I did end up buying a 2008 chevy silverado 1500 z71 4x4. Been great and I needed a car for the winter.
what? i thought you already got it back.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:26 AM
christian655321

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
here is all you need to know - go with the GTM TT, have them install it, send it to them and get it sent back a few months later. If you end up going anywhere else - talk to us in 3 months, and I'll be the first one to say I told you to take it to GTM.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:03 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Reliability is a function of how much you push it. I've had the GTM TT in my daily driver for over two years now with no issues.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Weiboy718

I know someone who's selling the full Stillen kit (used) with oil and tranny cooler included for 4600. Stillen's hardware has no issues what so ever, I highly recommend getting a custom tune.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:38 AM
thejumpoff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the GTM TT kit and I'm more than happy with the power that I make. I agree with Terry that reliability is a function of how hard you push the car on a daily basis.

Although Wei had a very tempting deal on the SC kit with an Oil/Tranny Cooler already

BTW, how hard do you guys push you car on a daily basis?
Old 10-12-2010, 11:02 AM
EuroG37

thanks alot guys for all the advice and helping me decide to go with the gtm TT kit, I don't really like the fact I'll have to wait a couplemonths to get my car back since I would like to enjoy it a lil bit first but I really don't want to wait to get it force fed either.since I'm in ny it might be best I just enjoy the car till december than send it off when the snow comes. Where is gtm located? Also thanks for all you guys help and I will post build pics as soon as I start. Also I seen some where someone had all there guages displayed on there factory nav screen, anyone know what part that is?thanks again and glad to be part of the community
Old 10-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by EuroG37
thanks alot guys for all the advice and helping me decide to go with the gtm TT kit, I don't really like the fact I'll have to wait a couplemonths to get my car back since I would like to enjoy it a lil bit first but I really don't want to wait to get it force fed either.since I'm in ny it might be best I just enjoy the car till december than send it off when the snow comes. Where is gtm located? Also thanks for all you guys help and I will post build pics as soon as I start. Also I seen some where someone had all there guages displayed on there factory nav screen, anyone know what part that is?thanks again and glad to be part of the community
yes sir! I'm one out of 5-6 guys who running gauges that is displayed on our nav screen. When you're ready I'll show you something that is really cool. It's a module for aux inputs and You.re only borrowing your factory nav screen. YOu don't need to cut into your factory wirings for it to work

Quick Reply: want to go FI but need some advice.