Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

ARK Exhaust hangs to low

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 05:32 AM
StAtiXz6

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ARK Exhaust hangs to low

Curious to see who here has dealt with this before. There are threads stating that the ark exhaust does hang low. (which is what I'm currently experiencing). These threads don't seem to explain how to deal with this though. Has anyone changed the axel back on the Ark exhaust? is it possible?

The only method I can think of to create more clearance would be to angle the ark canisters further upwards (this will destroy the look of car) Or possibly cut the ark canisters off the rear and weld a different axel back on? If this was possible how does it affect the sound output?

Any guidance would be appreciated
Old 09-15-2015, 08:38 AM
micafd3s

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
where are you scraping.. the canisters or axle back are not the low point...
Old 09-15-2015, 09:22 AM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
Yeah Im not scraping at all in the back..
Where the Y pipe is that's where I scrap..
I bought some exhaust wrap to wrap the crossmember and out it back in but I. Can't find the bolts and have yet to make it to a hardware store to pick up any
Old 09-16-2015, 02:08 AM
conkus805
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by chuckie311
Yeah Im not scraping at all in the back..
Where the Y pipe is that's where I scrap..
I bought some exhaust wrap to wrap the crossmember and out it back in but I. Can't find the bolts and have yet to make it to a hardware store to pick up any
doesn't the ark have a x pipe? the resonators is where I scrape on my ark, I always take any steepish driveway at an angle to avoid the tips from scraping. I have never scraped the canisters though. it does hang low In the middle of the car, really my only complaint with the exhaust.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:25 AM
StAtiXz6

for some reason i found the canisters to be the ones I end up scrapping. To be able to accommodate I went from a 285/30 to 285/35 to raise the rear by 1 inch. Its a bit to beefy for me in the rear and i can't drop lower now.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:32 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by conkus805
doesn't the ark have a x pipe?
Yup it's the flex pipes before the X pipe that are the lowest part (at least on the sedan).
Old 09-17-2015, 06:58 AM
StAtiXz6

dont to go off topic in regards to this. But the purpose in me asking this is theres a few aspects of this exhaust I would like to resolve.

1. Drone

2. canister height.

I was considering switching axel backs to a different axel back style. Currently ark is True Dual. The axel back I am considering is from a SINGLE IN , DUAL OUT configuration. The Canister style seems to be designed well enough to possible assist in the drone issue from the ark exhaust. But I'm Unsure. Anyone have any input to put into that theory?

The canister style would be tucked neatly under the bumper to avoid any complications of height.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:01 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by StAtiXz6
dont to go off topic in regards to this. But the purpose in me asking this is theres a few aspects of this exhaust I would like to resolve.

1. Drone

2. canister height.

I was considering switching axel backs to a different axel back style. Currently ark is True Dual. The axel back I am considering is from a SINGLE IN , DUAL OUT configuration. The Canister style seems to be designed well enough to possible assist in the drone issue from the ark exhaust. But I'm Unsure. Anyone have any input to put into that theory?

The canister style would be tucked neatly under the bumper to avoid any complications of height.
if your having drone issues then maybe a longer resonator will help, but as far as the single in dual out muffler is concerned, if you have a sedan there is no way to fit something like that. maybe having some exhaust shop fab some axle backs that fit more snug to the underside of the car would be your best bet.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:10 PM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
I wore two holes in the actual mufflers. If you think it hangs low now, try driving cross country with the car loaded up! I don't have any problems with my tips scraping, but my flex joints are starting to fray from scraping over speed bumps.

I also had the thought of swapping out the rear canisters. I have a set of Manzo axleback mufflers that might fit. But at the moment, I'm just keeping it as is. I figured I would wait until these are totally gone before I change them over, so I haven't tried to see if another axleback would fit. As long as the Ark flanges are in the same place as stock, then it *should* work. If that's the case, you could swap them out with a TopSpeed axleback, or anything cheap off ebay, and it would sit higher than the Ark mufflers.