Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review Fi rhfc

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Fi rhfc

This is my review of these on my 1st gen G35 sedan.

After buying Kinetix HFC last year and not liking them, I went back to OEM cats. Ever since then I have been looking into a better alternative for High flow cats. I was very happy with the sound of the car on the OEM cats but was looking for that power increase high flow cats have to offer.

My research brought me to Fast Intentions as the best alternative to OEM cats for my application. I wasn't looking for the sound to change drastically or get much louder. A group buy for these opened up so I placed my order and began waiting.

The RHFC showed up about 3 weeks after the group buy had ended, right on schedule. Immediately, I ripped open the box to a well protected, very well packaged product. Unfortunately I didn't grab any pictures at first because I got right into tearing apart all the bubble wrap I was pleasantly surprised when the cats were out and they looked absolutely flawless. Immaculate welds, great look, just an overall very well built pieces.

Picture right after taking them out of the box. License plate frame was a nice little added bonus I thought as it was not expected.

Name:  photo-28_zps579d30e2.jpg
Views: 1399
Size:  58.8 KB

Right after the picture I was very eager to install so into the 20 degree weather I went to get these on.

Picture next to OEM cats

Name:  photo-1-2_zpscbad9f4b.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  51.8 KB

The installation went flawlessly minus the cold weather and stubborn bolts. Fitment was spot on and actually probably sat slightly higher than the oem cats, which I think is a benefit. After buttoning everything back up on the car I was working myself up to finally start the car (very nervous at this point), given my previous HFC experience.

All I have to say is WOW. I was completely amazed at how these sounded right away. A nice mellow similar sound that was there before, only deeper and slightly louder.

I have had these on the car for 3 weeks now and my impressions haven't changed one bit. Still absolutely in love with this product.

Sound while driving is definitely louder than OEM cats but surprisingly the cabin noise increase is negligible. Didn't really notice an increase at all especially regarding drone which the Kinetex had immense amounts of. These did not create one bit of added drone. Offers a nice mellow cruising tone, but when you put your foot down they can scream. Rasp that is typically associated with changing to other than stock cats is also basically non existent. The Megan Racing exhaust I have had on the car has always given a hint of rasp by itself and these didn't add to that at all, but I wouldn't say they killed it either. I am possibly thinking off adding a resonated Y pipe to my system as well in the future, but at the moment am thoroughly enjoying my new exhaust set up.

Here is a compilation of the different exhaust set ups I have had so far.

Rear mounted camera with just cat back ( AutoX )

Rear mounted camera with FI RHFC

I would highly recommend this product to anyone that is looking for more power with a slightly louder, deeper exhaust note.

If you have any additional questions feel free to ask.

I want to thank 1CleanG for offering this product to the community as well as Fast Intentions for making superb products.

1CleanG aka Lance, is currently offering a 5th group buy for these as well as Fast Intentions Cat Back exhausts as well. There is a thread on MYG37 that can be found here for RHFC :

https://www.myg37.com/forums/group-b...n-special.html

Or here for Cat Back Group Buy:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/group-b...-discount.html

If you have any reservations about these, you shouldn't and you wont be disappointed.
The following users liked this post:
1cleanG (05-08-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 05:55 PM
pauliewalnutzz
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Awesome review man! Everyone is switching over to these
Old 04-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
excellent review.

i have a set of the non resonated on my G, with the nex Xpipe and with a full FI catback. excellent sounding exhause note. was exactly what i was looking for. everything you said in your review is completely correct...right down to how they package the product (actually took me about 45 minutes just to unwrap everything).

enjoy your new setup!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:19 PM
dongagan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the RHFC on my G37 sedan but I notice a slight exhaust smell in the car. Anyone notices this? Im wondering if I should take it back to the installer to check it out. Also I wanted to CBE but I'm see threads where there has been reported drone with the 7AT.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pauliewalnutzz
Awesome review man! Everyone is switching over to these
Thank you! It does seem to be a hot item lately!

Originally Posted by Rad_Slinger
excellent review.

i have a set of the non resonated on my G, with the nex Xpipe and with a full FI catback. excellent sounding exhause note. was exactly what i was looking for. everything you said in your review is completely correct...right down to how they package the product (actually took me about 45 minutes just to unwrap everything).

enjoy your new setup!
Thank you! I have definitely been enjoying this set up tremendously, glad to hear others having experiences like mine!

Originally Posted by dongagan
I have the RHFC on my G37 sedan but I notice a slight exhaust smell in the car. Anyone notices this? Im wondering if I should take it back to the installer to check it out. Also I wanted to CBE but I'm see threads where there has been reported drone with the 7AT.
Hmm yeah, definitely shouldn't have an exhaust smell inside the car. How long have you had them installed? The only smell I had was when the pb blaster was burning off the exhaust for the first few days....
Old 04-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by dongagan

what you might smell is them burning in. i've had my setup for about a month now and i'm still smelling it after long drives.

and i have a 7AT, and there's zero drone. it gets a little loud in the cabin when WoT, but it's definitely not drone.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:26 PM
dongagan

Thank you both for the update. The smell is not strong anymore but I noticed my eyes burning sometimes. Maybe I need more sleep. I can't wait for the CBE then cause I want that deep exhaust note. My setup has absolutely no rasp at all. It's been about 1 month since I have had them installed too.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:44 PM
buckets

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I have a slight smell too. I only smell it outside the car, its certainly not offensive just different. I have a slight bit of resonance when the car is idling at ~650 rpm
Old 04-05-2013, 03:46 PM
dongagan

Yes, I noticed the vibration at idle And also in reverse too.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:39 AM
AZNnite

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I too can vouch for the quality and performance! Thanks for the review!
Old 05-08-2013, 01:04 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Great Review Andrew!