Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Help FI rhfc vs Art pipes

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 05:40 AM
Alkatraz

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Now if you want to compare ART pipes(motordyne) to Resonated TPs, then you're talking. Power gains are around the same...
Originally Posted by Glover998

I was commenting on this only
I stand by my original comment.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:09 AM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had both of them and from my experience Motordyne is garbage , customer service is bad too.

Fast intention is better in quality , fitment, sound and customer service .

Take a look at my issue with Motordyne ART **** pipe :
https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...art-pipes.html
Old 10-11-2013, 10:38 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts

I was commenting on this only
To your comment reguarding me stating "power gains being about the same", I apologize if that particular statement was taken out of context. I'm actually commenting TPs vs HFCs in general.

I just purchased my second Fast Intentions setup(1st on my G, this time on my 370 Nismo), and put serious thought into if I wanted TPs or HFCs. At the end of the day, I went with Resonated HFCs for a second time around for the simple fact that TPs will get you about 3-4 hp at the VERY top end, but you end up losing midrange HP & TQ(continuous from 3400rpms throughout 6300 rpms). I took about 15 different dyno charts, added them all into two different ones, comparing TPs VS HFCs. At the end of the day, the VQ engine only allows so much out of it with straight bolt-ons paired with a tune.

Yes, I am a vendor for Fast Intentions, but what no one realizes including yourself is I sell MD, Berk, Stillen, MXP, etc. You just don't see me advertise for those exhausts, because at the end of the day, I 100% am a firm believer in the quality/craftsmanship of Fast Intentions THAT MUCH MORE over all the other exhausts on the market.

I personally have a set of MD ART pipes sitting in my living room that a buddy of mine wanted to get rid of, and I just received my setup of Fast Intentions RHFCs and a full FI catback. My full OEM Nismo setup is off the car as of last night, and I'll have not even the slightest temptation to put the ART pipes on over the RHFCs. I'll take photos of the two next to one another, the craftsmanship is just not even comparable!
Old 10-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Glover998

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
^ Man .. i bet you have no clue about Art pipes ! So you think these are just like any other TPs out there right ?! Man .. Art ptipes -unlike TPs- won't make you lose power in low end or mid rang rpm , these in contrast will give you a decent power all over the rang especially in low end rpm so u get an amazing kick at stanstill acceleration, unlike TPs which they make you lose some power right there like you said before . Secret behind this is the welded canisters that promot a good scavenging which our VQs love and return back the favor , so they kinda work as hfcs in low end but they continue doing the job till the top end!

HFC = +low end, -top end.
TP = -low end , + top end.
Art pipes= +low end , +top end.

Again .. I'm talking here about performance wise only

End of story ...

Last edited by Glover998; 10-11-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:21 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

^ Man .. i bet you have no clue about Art pipes ! So you think these are just like any other TPs out there right ?! Man .. Art ptipes -unlike TPs- won't make you lose power in low end or mid rang rpm , these in contrast will give you a decent power all over the rang especially in low end rpm so u get an amazing kick at stanstill acceleration, unlike TPs which they make you lose some power right there like you said before . Secret behind this is the welded canisters that promot a good scavenging which our VQs love and return back the favor , so they kinda work as hfcs in low end but they continue doing the job till the top end!

HFC = +low end, -top end.
TP = -low end , + top end.
Art pipes= +low end , +top end.

Again .. I'm talking here about performance wise only

End of story ...
I've now been around the VQ since 2008, and have owned a '06 G35 coupe, an '08 G37 Coupe, and currently a 370z Nismo. Since 2008, I've been around, heard, tried, installed, seen, studied, and compared every single exhaust part out there.

For you to say "I have no clue" about a product, I suggest you start studying first hand, rather then pulling out quotes off the Motordyne website ...."that trigger Helmholtz resonance to aide in exhaust gas scavenging for increased power".

Do you even know what torque #'s are my friend? I never once said you "LOSE" power, and yet you just stated that you lose low end from adding those parts?

**You gain power with all of them, but you do NOT gain as much TQ from ART pipes vs RHFCs. The midrange TQ from 3k-5k is anywhere from 3-5 ft/lbs of torque lower with the ART pipes. You also don't see HP gains any higher anywhere in the powerban more then 2-3 hp extra from the ART pipes vs the HFCs. I never once said HFCs will get you more horsepower, but they do for a fact get you more TQ gains, and hold those gains higher throughout the powerban.

Last edited by 1cleanG; 10-11-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Brainchild

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I personally have a set of MD ART pipes sitting in my living room that a buddy of mine wanted to get rid of
For how much? PM me details!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:34 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Brainchild
For how much? PM me details!
You've got a PM sir!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Glover998

I've now been around the VQ since 2008, and have owned a '06 G35 coupe, an '08 G37 Coupe, and currently a 370z Nismo. Since 2008, I've been around, heard, tried, installed, seen, studied, and compared every single exhaust part out there.

For you to say "I have no clue" about a product, I suggest you start studying first hand, rather then pulling out quotes off the Motordyne website ...."that trigger Helmholtz resonance to aide in exhaust gas scavenging for increased power".

Do you even know what torque #'s are my friend? I never once said you "LOSE" power, and yet you just stated that you lose low end from adding those parts?

**You gain power with all of them, but you do NOT gain as much TQ from ART pipes vs RHFCs. The midrange TQ from 3k-5k is anywhere from 3-5 ft/lbs of torque lower with the ART pipes. You also don't see HP gains any higher anywhere in the powerban more then 2-3 hp extra from the ART pipes vs the HFCs. I never once said HFCs will get you more horsepower, but they do for a fact get you more TQ gains, and hold those gains higher throughout the powerban.
And i've been around since 2008 myself too , i literally tried out 99.9% of Catbacks, HFCs and TPs out there, name a brand n i'll tell you that i had it, tested it, studied it before, So plz don't less-estimate people just because you think you know some about VQs .. I do not less-estimate you myself and yes you're selling the best parts for our cars and i do understand your passion for FI's awesome craftsmanship products so i have nothing against them as i tried out all of Tony's products except his LTH and RHFC lol.

and oh .. I never quoted MD on that scavenging fact n i'm surprised that i share the same idea of what i just thought about their product

Cheers ..

Last edited by Glover998; 10-11-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Alkatraz

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
^ Man .. i bet you have no clue about Art pipes
So plz don't less-estimate people just because you think you know some about VQs .. I do not less-estimate you myself...
Just leave this one alone Lance. He is obviously one of God's 'special' creations so you are just wasting your time.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:19 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
And i've been around since 2008 myself too , i literally tried out 99.9% of Catbacks, HFCs and TPs out there, name a brand n i'll tell that u i had it, tested it, studied it before, So plz don't less-estimate people just because you think you know some about VQs .. I do not less-estimate you myself and yes you're selling the best parts for our cars and i do understand your passion for FI's awesome craftsmanship products so i have nothing against them as i tried out all of Tony's products except his LTH and RHFC lol.

and oh .. I never quoted MD on that scavenging fact n i'm surprised that i share the same idea of what i just thought about their product

Cheers ..
So what you're saying is you've rocked Amuse RS-Silent, R1 Titan, HKS Hi-power, all the various combination of the Fast Intention exhaust, MXP stainless and Titanium version, the Tanabe Medalion, Fugitsubo Legalis R, the Shockwave from Motordyne, Ark, Berk Exhaust, Megan racing, GT Haus... probably forgetting some but by your 99.9% should cover all these at least. You don't have to shed light on all of them but I'm really interested in the Amuse R1 Titan vs RS silent and how they compare to let's say the HKS hi-power. Oh and for HFC and TP a comparo with again between the Amuse TP, HFC against Berk TP and Fast Intention TP.
Thanks

Last edited by soolman32; 10-11-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:03 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
VQ-knowledge pissing contest... [Grabs popcorn]
The following users liked this post:
Branman36 (05-21-2014)
Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by soolman32
I'm really interested in the Amuse R1 Titan vs RS silent and how they compare to let's say the HKS hi-power.
All else equal, if you like the note of your HKS, the RS-Silent will be much too quiet for you. It's supremely quiet.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Glover998

@soolman

You should of have asked me what car i drive before posting that ***** comment, hoping you'll get some thumbs up out of it . I drive 08 G35 sedan, and since u asked me about my feedback on amuse's in particular, let me tell you that no amuses available for my car otherwise i would of been pleased to go for them so i make 100% of my experiments on these .. Sorry for disappointing you sir

Last edited by Glover998; 10-11-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:56 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
@soolman

You should of have asked me what car i drive before posting that ***** comment, hoping you'll get some thumbs up out of it . I drive 08 G35 sedan, and since u asked me about my feedback on amuse's in particular, let me tell you that no amuses available for my car otherwise i would of been pleased to go for them so i make 100% of my experiments on these .. Sorry for disappointing you sir
The amuse exhaust does fit the 08 G35 sedan. Not looking for thumbs up. You stated 99.9%. Was just trying to leverage some knowledge from someone as experienced as you. Instead I get some name calling out of the deal. Very insightful, thanks
Old 10-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Glover998

Come on go ahead n make my day .. Post a link for Amuse's +2007 sedans version

Quick Reply: Help FI rhfc vs Art pipes