Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Help FI rhfc vs Art pipes

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 05:52 AM
lilvi3tboyzz
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FI rhfc vs Art pipes

im debating between these 2, so i need help from everyone and their opions on which one is better. Any differences in sound? and gains? if anyone one has dyno chart for either one please post it up thanks
Old 02-18-2013, 11:13 AM
sammy917

no clue about art pipes, fi rhfcs are nicely loud. deep tone, good sound, but in terms of loudness they're very manageable, not too loud. they went on the car after breaking in ark's catback and they definitely cleaned up the sound, made it more crisp and defined. given that they're not as free flowing as art's and they're resonated, i'd imagine art's are louder and possibly not as deep.
The following users liked this post:
bigmike35nj (10-12-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 PM
DeamonG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice review... Nawt
Old 02-18-2013, 08:23 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Um,,,,,, this is not a review ..
Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 PM
lilvi3tboyzz
Banned

Originally Posted by DeamonG37s
Nice review... Nawt

lol sorry, i guess i was too sleepy and misclicked it ..
Old 02-18-2013, 08:36 PM
lilvi3tboyzz
Banned

Originally Posted by sammy917
no clue about art pipes, fi rhfcs are nicely loud. deep tone, good sound, but in terms of loudness they're very manageable, not too loud. they went on the car after breaking in ark's catback and they definitely cleaned up the sound, made it more crisp and defined. given that they're not as free flowing as art's and they're resonated, i'd imagine art's are louder and possibly not as deep.

thanks for the input, i want that deep growl and possbily a little loud. Now in term of the gain? is it the same? because art got 15whp and not sure about the torque
Old 02-20-2013, 12:00 AM
huwee06

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
ART testpipes is what you're looking for in your description lilvi3tboyzz. As you know it has proven performance gains and anyone who dealt with Motordyne can tell you how badazz their customer service is
Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 AM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
Art more gain, but with more power and flow....more rasp and sound from the exhaust. FI RHFC less gain but no rasp and will cost you more used or new. new I think its $670ish used $500 +. Good luck and ask local G members who have either of the setups. and go with either one that fits your taste. I'm in VA and pulled over few times for exhaust noise so I went back to OEM IPL exhaust now I have amuse and putting on FI RHFC... hope I do not get pulled over this time.... FYI VA anything not OEM is illegal....smh
Old 02-20-2013, 10:49 AM
JM Auto Racing
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Alot of the G35 and 350z guys prefer the ART pipes over the fast intentions. However, Art Pipes will make your exhaust a bit louder but the flow alot more.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:41 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
RHFCs don't have the unwanted "hiss" that is famously known from the ART pipes throughout the entire powerban. I've actually had customers swap out ART pipes FOR resonated HFCs just for this fact.

You also can't really compare a Test Pipe of one brand, to a Resonated HFC of another. They're completely 2 different products. Now if you want to compare ART pipes(motordyne) to Resonated TPs, then you're talking. Power gains are around the same, but again, ART pipes have a high pitched hissing sound.

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
Alot of the G35 and 350z guys prefer the ART pipes over the fast intentions. However, Art Pipes will make your exhaust a bit louder but the flow alot more.
I actually was going to say the exact opposite. The only reason I can see G35 or 350 owners may prefer ART pipes is the price.

Last edited by 1cleanG; 02-21-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 PM
gtslo88

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm going to have to disagree with the guys above. I installed my ART test pipes to go along with my axle back and i notice hardly any hiss if any at all.

It made the car a little louder but with that throaty vq sound. After i put on the axle back sounded even better. Definitely felt a bump in power.

For the performance and price i do not think the ART pipes can be beat.

I've been meaning to post some vids so i'll get on that this weekend.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:40 AM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevalteam
Art more gain, but with more power and flow....more rasp and sound from the exhaust. FI RHFC less gain but no rasp and will cost you more used or new. new I think its $670ish used $500 +. Good luck and ask local G members who have either of the setups. and go with either one that fits your taste. I'm in VA and pulled over few times for exhaust noise so I went back to OEM IPL exhaust now I have amuse and putting on FI RHFC... hope I do not get pulled over this time.... FYI VA anything not OEM is illegal....smh
I didn't know VA was that strict... Wow! Did you ever get around to installing the Amuse with the ART or FI pipes? I've been looking into HFC's to mount up with the Amuse. Going to avoid all rasp and drone or the pipes are coming off.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Glover998

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
RHFCs don't have the unwanted "hiss" that is famously known from the ART pipes throughout the entire powerban. I've actually had customers swap out ART pipes FOR resonated HFCs just for this fact.

You also can't really compare a Test Pipe of one brand, to a Resonated HFC of another. They're completely 2 different products. Now if you want to compare ART pipes(motordyne) to Resonated TPs, then you're talking. Power gains are around the same, but again, ART pipes have a high pitched hissing sound.

I actually was going to say the exact opposite. The only reason I can see G35 or 350 owners may prefer ART pipes is the price.
Being a vendor of FI does not give you the right to mislead others on your products .. FI RHFCs are great built/designed pipes for sure but are no where near to Art pipes in terms of power gain! i'm sorry .
Old 10-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Alkatraz

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Glover998
Being a vendor of FI does not give you the right to mislead others on your products .. FI RHFCs are great built/designed pipes for sure but are no where near to Art pipes in terms of power gain! i'm sorry .
Your weird!

The way that I read it, he has specifically not compared RHFC's with Art pipes! He actually says that you CANNOT compare them because they are different products. Try reading a statement correctly before attacking someone!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Glover998

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Alkatraz
Your weird!

The way that I read it, he has specifically not compared RHFC's with Art pipes! He actually says that you CANNOT compare them because they are different products. Try reading a statement correctly before attacking someone!

I was commenting on this only
Power gains are around the same

Quick Reply: Help FI rhfc vs Art pipes