Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Stillen Gen 3 vs. A/C lines

Old 01-13-2014, 11:50 AM
Team_STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
In testing we saw no negative effects on the cooling system for the car by putting the intake in front of the radiator. The power gains are awesome but if you're not looking for power then a short ram intake should be fine.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:40 AM
cpuguy06

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by binny408
I just ran into the same exact problem and Infiniti quoted me $850 to replace this!

So what I did was took out my Gen 3 intake, took out the line (super easy), and replaced it. I bought the replacement part for 60 bucks on ebay. The part number for this specific pipe is 924403WK0A.

924403WK0A | eBay

Let me know if you have any questions, this is a super easy DIY fix!
Had the same thing happen on my '12. Do the Seal/O-Rings on either end of the line need to be replaced as well or can these be reused? Any special tools required to do this? Any reason why the line from a 370z wouldn't work? From what I can tell its the same part number and about $40 cheaper.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:13 AM
cpuguy06

With my setup, the line that got worn was behind the front bumper area. Luckily only a $31 part, plus AC evac and recharge. Part number: 92446-JK20B.
Attached Thumbnails Stillen Gen 3 vs. A/C lines-line.jpg  
Old 05-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Dillybar12

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
See, I am looking into getting a gen 3 for my 2010 coupe X. Reading these are really making me not too sure about this whole thing. Does ANYONE have any pictures of a properly wrapped AC line?
Old 05-20-2014, 10:59 PM
cpuguy06

I've been running without mine for two days now and i miss the sound above 3k RPM I had with it installed. Seems like less power in the higher RPM range too. I'm getting a different car and new owner didn't want the gen 3 installed so if you do decide you want one, PM me.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:08 AM
Team_STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dillybar12
See, I am looking into getting a gen 3 for my 2010 coupe X. Reading these are really making me not too sure about this whole thing. Does ANYONE have any pictures of a properly wrapped AC line?
We have sold countless of these intakes and the problem listed here has only occurred when the intakes were not properly installed. There is a wrap (protection) for the AC lines (provided in the kit) that are worn in this thread. Also, if the intakes are mounted and adjusted not to sit on the AC lines there will be no issues. We just had a G37 come into the shop for service that has had Gen3's installed by STILLEN 5 years ago and this was not an issue.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:14 PM
cpuguy06

Originally Posted by Team_STILLEN
We have sold countless of these intakes and the problem listed here has only occurred when the intakes were not properly installed. There is a wrap (protection) for the AC lines (provided in the kit) that are worn in this thread. Also, if the intakes are mounted and adjusted not to sit on the AC lines there will be no issues. We just had a G37 come into the shop for service that has had Gen3's installed by STILLEN 5 years ago and this was not an issue.
I didn't receive any extra rubber in my kit to wrap the AC lines. What does Stillen recommend using to wrap my AC lines? Will any 1/2 - 3/4" thick rubber tubing and some zip ties work? I've been without my intake for 4 days and can't stand it. Need my intake back in. :-)
Old 05-25-2014, 05:01 PM
Pms1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Either did I
Old 05-29-2014, 07:16 PM
Mantis
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Pms1212
Either did I
Neither did I.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:05 AM
M28cruiser

The previous owner had the Stillen G3 intake installed at an Infiniti dealership. Does anyone know if Infiniti will repair it under warranty? I have 50k miles on the car.

The AC stopped working this weekend so I scheduled an appointment with the dealership to look at it on Wednesday. I took it apart this evening and found that it was the intake that was rubbing on the ac line and caused a leak.

The rubber was installed I think, but the rub point was 1/2 inch away. I notice people posted 2 different part number, how do I know which part I need (92446-JK20B or 924403WK0A). If it is not covered under warranty I ll try to fix it myself. :/
Old 06-17-2014, 01:24 AM
Team_STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cpuguy06
I didn't receive any extra rubber in my kit to wrap the AC lines. What does Stillen recommend using to wrap my AC lines? Will any 1/2 - 3/4" thick rubber tubing and some zip ties work? I've been without my intake for 4 days and can't stand it. Need my intake back in. :-)
Any thick rubber tubing will work to help protect the lines. However using foam to hold the tubes in place better on the radiator core support will help them not move around as well (how we do the install at STILLEN). If you want you could probably use something stronger to protect the lines like some Aluminum backed tar film (like DynaMat). Not an official suggestion, just a thought I had of something that might be a little more durable than rubber.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:51 PM
M28cruiser

The local dealership wants $500+ to fix the AC lines and it will not be covered under warranty even though the intake was installed at the Ramsey dealership about 24mths ago. They were able to pull up the installation history in the service system. I was told that I can check with the Ramsey dealership to see if they will do the repairs. However, the service rep from my local dealership thinks the warranty will only be good for 12mths only. Ramsey is a solid 1.5+ hr from where I live. Freon recharge will cost about $80 (for 2lbs) and another $135 for labor at the local dealership. The service rep said the low pressure line also needs to be replaced. I thought the low pressure lines were tucked below the high pressure line. Anyway, I did not take it apart before, so I could not confirm.

I will pick up the parts from Infiniti and try to do the repairs myself. Only problem is I'm in the middle of a bathroom upgrade project, need to prep for my son's bday party this weekend, and it been a wee bit warm in NJ the last few days. DDOOOOHHH!!
Old 06-20-2014, 11:37 PM
M28cruiser

I was able to fix it myself. After removing the bumper. It wasn't too hard to replace the AC lines just needed the right quick disconnect tool. The plastic ring quick disconnect tools are useless.

Went back to the store and got this.
NAPA AUTO PARTS | PART DETAILS
Then the lines slid right off.

There is a good guide available on another forum.
Google: "DIY: Repair Damaged AC Lines Because by Aftermarket Intakes"
Old 06-21-2014, 12:26 AM
USMC93V

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I just installed this intake and my ac lines don't touch the intake on top of I was able to install without removing the front bumper
Old 06-21-2014, 03:35 AM
PongSanity

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts
My intake hole is kinda snug so there was no need to wrap the a/c lines... But I did for extra precautions.... Cut the top of the hole instead of the bottom.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stillen Gen 3 vs. A/C lines