Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Tools needed for exhaust muffler removal/install

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:47 PM
CDONNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by weaver
I have an 2011 Vert I am going to put Tanabe's on. Would rhino ramps work? I have the socket sets that I need and some lube. The car was just finished being built about 2 weeks ago, so hope those bolts won't be too hard to use. I have a jack I can slide underneath to catch the exhaust once I loosen the bolts. Since I am leasing just gonna keep everything so I can put back to stock when I turn the car in.

Thanks,

Matt
You should have no issues with those bolts but you'll definitely want some lube for the rubber hangers so you may as well squirt some on the bolts as well. And the exhaust is somewhat heavy but not too bad. Might help to have an extra set of hands hold it while you remove from the hangers, or use the jack like you said.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:52 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
stock exhaus is not to bad i first did the header bolts then went to the middle section dropped that and saved the rear for last.the new exhaust was a pain i put a jack where the y pipe bolts up to the cats is was just to much to lift upwith only having the rear of teh car in the air..

Originally Posted by weaver
I have an 2011 Vert I am going to put Tanabe's on. Would rhino ramps work? I have the socket sets that I need and some lube. The car was just finished being built about 2 weeks ago, so hope those bolts won't be too hard to use. I have a jack I can slide underneath to catch the exhaust once I loosen the bolts. Since I am leasing just gonna keep everything so I can put back to stock when I turn the car in.

Thanks,

Matt