General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help Ticking noise in dashboard!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 01:54 PM
thetuanster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ticking noise in dashboard!

Today I just noticed that every time I go 3000 rpm or higher, I hear a ticking noise in my dashboard. The higher it goes, the faster it would tick. It doesn't matter what gear I'm in or even if I'm in neutral. Does anyone know the problem and knows how to fix it?
Old 02-28-2012, 02:52 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thetuanster
Today I just noticed that every time I go 3000 rpm or higher, I hear a ticking noise in my dashboard. The higher it goes, the faster it would tick. It doesn't matter what gear I'm in or even if I'm in neutral. Does anyone know the problem and knows how to fix it?
Well, I had creaking/ticking noises before but I don't recall there being any correlation to the RPM levels. Anyway, I ended up video taping it when I heard the noise and took it to the dealership. They said the adhesive wasn't holding my dash down very well so they reapplied it. Noise hasn't come back since.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Your noise could be related to an issue with something loose inside the heater core. I forgot what it is (sealant?) but there's a TSB for it. If that is what the issue is, they need to disconnect the heater hose and do a back flush.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:36 PM
thetuanster

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Your noise could be related to an issue with something loose inside the heater core. I forgot what it is (sealant?) but there's a TSB for it. If that is what the issue is, they need to disconnect the heater hose and do a back flush.
Yea I think it is something about the heater core
Old 04-13-2013, 06:36 AM
Wiggum

Originally Posted by thetuanster
Yea I think it is something about the heater core
I know it is an old thread.

Have the same problem on my 2010 G37x. They have flushed my core twice and each time the noise goes away for a short while. The first time it came back a day later. The second time it came back for a split second then didn't do it for two days. Now the noise is back again.

I have to bring it back to the dealer yet a third time.

Starting to get annoyed at having to leave my car and getting a loaner car that stinks like smoke.

They told me a piece of silicone hangs down.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:57 PM
venzz

Fuel pressure damper. I just had mine replaced. Its a common part that goes bad with nissan cars.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Wiggum

No matter how many times I have had it into Infiniti. Each time they CLAIM they cannot hear anything wrong with the car. THey have flushed my heatercore 4 times. Yet today they say the heatercore issue doesn't apply to the 2010 G37x. So what were they flushing it for so many times? and referencing a TSB on the papers?

Yet the time before this they told me they would replace the core if I brought it back in again, yet when I did they refuse to do it.