General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Clutch bleeder screw

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 01:12 AM
Itchytoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch bleeder screw

I recently got my G37 (used with about 40,000 miles on it. Sorry no pics yet. Will post them when I can.) and have noticed that the clutch gets spongy if it gets hot. Naturally, I assume there's some water in the fluid that's boiling out causing a vapor bubble. Unfortunately, I live alone and work 12 hour nights so coordinating with a buddy to help me bleed it is a bit difficult. I've always used SpeedBleeders for bleeding my brakes, because it's an easy one man job that way. I've looked all over for a speed bleeder for the clutch, but I can't seen to find the right size to get. I tried sucking out the old fluid from the reservoir and replacing that, then driving around for a while, rinse, repeat, but that didn't do the trick. Helped a little but didn't cure my problems.

Does anyone know what size the bleeder screw is so I can get a properly sized speedbleeder and get it bled?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:04 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Itchytoe
I recently got my G37 (used with about 40,000 miles on it. Sorry no pics yet. Will post them when I can.) and have noticed that the clutch gets spongy if it gets hot. Naturally, I assume there's some water in the fluid that's boiling out causing a vapor bubble. Unfortunately, I live alone and work 12 hour nights so coordinating with a buddy to help me bleed it is a bit difficult. I've always used SpeedBleeders for bleeding my brakes, because it's an easy one man job that way. I've looked all over for a speed bleeder for the clutch, but I can't seen to find the right size to get. I tried sucking out the old fluid from the reservoir and replacing that, then driving around for a while, rinse, repeat, but that didn't do the trick. Helped a little but didn't cure my problems.

Does anyone know what size the bleeder screw is so I can get a properly sized speedbleeder and get it bled?
You can do it without a speed bleeder. All you need to do is follow the FSM procedure, it's really easy. I have a video of it here for the first gen G35, but it will also apply for the latest models.

see video here: http://http://infinitihelp.com/diy/g...id_service.htm
Old 09-05-2011, 02:17 AM
Itchytoe

I'd be happy to do that, but I can't seem to reach the clutch pedal and the bleeder screw at the same time. See above post about my manpower issue.
If you know of another way to make it a one man job, I'd love to hear about it.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:24 AM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd be happy to do that, but I can't seem to reach the clutch pedal and the bleeder screw at the same time. See above post about my manpower issue.
Use a power bleeder, that's how I have always bled my clutch on the G.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:00 AM
bythabay
Registered Member

You can try a gravity bleed also. Just get something to hold the clutch pedal down for you.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:01 AM
bythabay
Registered Member

Can't you just pull someone off the street to come pump the pedal for you?

Old 04-20-2019, 01:43 PM
Kgtray

Can someone redirect me or tag me where i can get a bleeder screw for my g37 coupe