General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Need help w/ garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Degenerazn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help w/ garage door opener

I've tried so many times to get the garage door openers to work w/ my garage doors. I followed the exact instructions on that small sheet. I have one of those smart door openers where it sends out a different code for each garage door opener.
I reset each time by holding down the first and third buttons for 20 seconds. Then I hit the button on the garage door rotor, run back to the car and press and hold the button for 2 seconds 3 times. Never works, the button never stops blinking? Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-03-2007, 08:23 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
you only need to clear it once.

i believe the next step is to hold the remote next to the mirror and depress both buttons (remote and homelink button you want). i've found that it works better if you press and hold the remote button first, then press and hold the homelink button until it flashes quickly.

after the flashing, i think you release both buttons, then press and hold the homelink button again. then a different flash occurs.

this is when you have to RUN and press the learn button on the motor, then RUN and hold the homelink button again. after which you should try the button up to 3 times (or so) to make sure it learned the codes.

hope this helps. solely from memory.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:51 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i was having the same issues. i did all the programing over and over again. kept pushing the button and nothing. I realised when you go to open the garage from inside the car you have to hold the button for about 3 seconds then release it. It should work.....
Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 AM
jadams

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also had a problem trying to program the car. I found the solution almost by accident. I was trying to program the car with the passenger door closed.(the door closest to the opener) When I opened the door it finally worked. Apparently the garage door opener's signal was not getting through.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:43 AM
marsb007

Just for future reference... for the rolling code garage door openers, here's the sequence:

1. (optional) reset the homelink memory of your car by holding both 1 and 3.
2. Program your car homelink: Hold the garage door opener close to the homelink button as you press the desired homelink button until rapid flashing.
3. Your garage door motor should have a "set/learn" button on it. Press it. This gives you 15-30 seconds to go to your car and press the button you just taught. When the garage motor sees your car, it'll give you a visible ok by flashing your garage door light.

That's it.
The following users liked this post:
jgalvar (05-31-2020)
Old 10-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Degenerazn

I finally got it to work. I needed a remote garage door opener and programed it w/ the homelink button and then I had to use the garage door motor to send out another signal. It was weird but atleast I got that figured out.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:08 AM
ABQG35c

Well that makes sense. When you press the button inside the garage, it's a direct connect to the opener so no signal/code is being sent...

Glad you got it working tho.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:50 PM
DrJones

I had the same problem. The garage door opener has that "rolling code" feature.

After clearing the memory and trying the first way (according to the instructions by holding the remote up next to the button and pressing them at the same time. Didn't work, it made the "rolling code" blinks.)

Next I actually pulled the car in the garage, opened the sun roof and moved the passenger seat all the way forward. I then stood up in the car and out the sunroof. I pressed the "learn" button on the garage door (motor asembly) and went back into the car and pressed the homelink button I choose for 2 seconds then released, two seconds then released and when I pressed it for the third time.

Eureka! The garage door went down.