Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Sedan Badge Options - Polling Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 01:36 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm feeling like I'll be buying the SKYLINE letters this winter, and swap things this Spring.
Funny, I also keep thinking about swapping my car over to Nissan and Skyline badges since it is technically a Nissan Skyline in Japan. But then I think that it is more a 4 DR Z car than a Skyline since it shares the same chassis, brakes, engine, transmission, suspension, etc. with the 370Z- hence my screen name and license plate.

Part of the delay is in finding all the parts. The trunk badges are easy and I think I might have seen a grille once. I see kickplates for the coupe, but no sedans and I have yet to see a Nissan steering wheel horn cover that matches. The seats are easy because I will probably just replace them down the road in the name of weight savings. I think I can live with leaving the Infiniti clock and I already sold the stock wheels.

The other delay is in my mind deciding if the car is really worthy of Skyline badges since it is such a legendary name. I think I have enough mods to the car to warrant the changes and it would be fun to see the looks on people's faces who don't know what it is. Then I would just have to think of a new license plate. Hmm...
Old 01-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,604 Likes on 3,448 Posts
^^^
I'm not thinking that deep. Just swapping out the INFINITI letters for SKYLINE, right underneath Mt Fuji. The conflict isn't huge since I debadged the G37S off the trunk already. And if someday I have a change of heart, then I swap back.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:45 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

^^^
I'm not thinking that deep. Just swapping out the INFINITI letters for SKYLINE, right underneath Mt Fuji. The conflict isn't huge since I debadged the G37S off the trunk already. And if someday I have a change of heart, then I swap back.
Infiniti Skyline? C'mon, that doesn't make sense. Rochester you are the king of detail. I expect more from you.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Infiniti Skyline? C'mon, that doesn't make sense. Rochester you are the king of detail. I expect more from you.
LOL. Backhanded compliments are supposed to be my thing.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:50 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

LOL. Backhanded compliments are supposed to be my thing.
Phew! Glad to see you are back to normal. For a minute there I thought you weren't feeling well.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:38 AM
4WDve

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Actually, the new Skyline V37 aka Infiniti Q50 can be bought with either Infiniti or Skyline trunk badge in Japan and other Asian markets now. Nissan marketing finally want to push the Infiniti brand as a global brand rather than just a car vendor as it used to be. In that sense, a Fuji can sit next to skyline badge now without being political incorrect.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:03 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
I'll be removing the Fuji from the rear and just placing 370GT where "G37x" originally was. No other badging as I've already removed the INFINITI lettering.

Heck, there's even G sedans out there running IPL badging, which looks kinda cool honestly. I'm still on the hunt for a reasonably priced IPL engine cover.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by 4WDve
Actually, the new Skyline V37 aka Infiniti Q50 can be bought with either Infiniti or Skyline trunk badge in Japan and other Asian markets now. Nissan marketing finally want to push the Infiniti brand as a global brand rather than just a car vendor as it used to be. In that sense, a Fuji can sit next to skyline badge now without being political incorrect.
That settles it!

Haha, JK... I've been wanting to do this regardless.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-08-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Here's a current-state photo, taken a few months ago

...and here's an admittedly imperfect photoshop effort to compare against. Pretty sure the dimensions are off, as is the color and contrast. But it's good enough to eyeball for consideration.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:01 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4WDve
I stand corrected. It still seems strange though.

...and here's an admittedly imperfect photoshop effort to compare against. Pretty sure the dimensions are off, as is the color and contrast. But it's good enough to eyeball for consideration.

The "Skyline" does look better, but it looks weird with an Infiniti emblem. I think it would look right with a Nissan emblem, but then you have to replace the ones elsewhere on the car. I would consider doing that, but I have not had much luck finding the kick plates, steering wheel horn cover, and now the grille.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

The "Skyline" does look better, but it looks weird with an Infiniti emblem. I think it would look right with a Nissan emblem, but then you have to replace the ones elsewhere on the car. I would consider doing that, but I have not had much luck finding the kick plates, steering wheel horn cover, and now the grille.
Sounds like you're coming around. Or at the very least, grudgingly giving me license to play. Between the Nissan burger and the Infiniti Fuji, the Infiniti emblem is a lot more appealing. The design is clean, and there aren't letters on it.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-09-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:16 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Sounds like you're coming around. Or at the very least, grudgingly giving me license to play. Between the Nissan burger and the Infiniti Fuji, the Infiniti emblem is a lot more appealing. The design is clean, and there aren't letters on it.
Totally do it on your car. I think it would look good. I was just thinking out loud what I would do to my car if I found all the other parts. I'm too much of a perfectionist (for now) to rock the Infiniti fuji and "skyline" since they never made our cars that way.

The other thing I struggle with on my car is that I am not sure if it is worthy of the Skyline name to me. I know they made RWD Skylines, but I always think of the GT-R. To go from a twin turbo I-6 with ATESSA-AWD high performance sports car to a non-turbo RWD entry level luxury car seems weird to me.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:30 PM
2011-G
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Totally do it on your car. I think it would look good. I was just thinking out loud what I would do to my car if I found all the other parts. I'm too much of a perfectionist (for now) to rock the Infiniti fuji and "skyline" since they never made our cars that way.

The other thing I struggle with on my car is that I am not sure if it is worthy of the Skyline name to me. I know they made RWD Skylines, but I always think of the GT-R. To go from a twin turbo I-6 with ATESSA-AWD high performance sports car to a non-turbo RWD entry level luxury car seems weird to me.
Lol there is nothing weird about that..it is a skyline lol.. but I see your point..

To OP..I don't think it's a good idea lol..looks really strange but hey if you like it..you can go with it.. i think ur car looks good as it is..how about just the 370gt on the right and nothing else? Lol too many options
Old 04-03-2017, 03:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

BWAHA-HA-HA-HA!!! I actually, for-real, did this today. Two years since I created this thread.

It's all for me... JDM Gearheads will get offended, people familiar with today's Skyline will shrug, and average citizens won't even notice.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:45 PM
JustROLLIN
Registered Member

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Looks great. I just think the word Skyline is more interesting, visually, than Infiniti. I am a snob about cars and stickers and such and I see zero issues with the Fuji next to the sacred word, Skyline. I really dig it.

Now I need to get mine debaged before I detail it for the summer.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (04-03-2017)

Quick Reply: Sedan Badge Options - Polling Thread