G37 Sedan

HELP! The dealership damaged my G37 while it was in service!!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 01:30 AM
TenshiroG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HELP! The dealership damaged my G37 while it was in service!!!! HELP!!!

I brought my car in for service due to manufacture paint defects on front bumper. I gave them the car so they can sent it to their body shop to repaint it.

After 2 weeks, I came to pick up the car today and did my inspection of the paint and a walk through of the car. I discovered that my rear bumper and driver door was damaged. This just pissed me off.

I bought the car "BRAND NEW" for only 2 weeks before I brought it in to them for the paint defect repaint. Now with the damages that they put on my car and if I let them fix it, I will have 3 different parts NOT original anymore! It's not a BRAND NEW car anymore!

I am demanding them to trade me with a BRAND NEW carbon copy of my G37. I'm pretty stress out over this whole situation. Can you guys help me out? Should I lawyer up?

Last edited by TenshiroG37; 04-14-2014 at 02:02 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:38 AM
Synolimit

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Stuff happens. Factory paint is **** anyways. One of the worst on the market. You will notice in time if you look at it wrong it will chip. I'd let them replace and repaint everything on their dime. It will be much better in the long run, trust me!

OEM paint including clear, color and primer is around 4mil. On a wrangler its 8mil if you think about that for a second.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:55 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
If you count having the cars value dropped because it's been repainted better in the long run sure...I'd be in flames as well as the vehicle is only 2 weeks old. Have them fix it and maybe reimburse you for the value lost?
Old 04-14-2014, 03:13 AM
Synolimit

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Why would there be a value loss? It wasn't in an accident. Carfax doesn't control nada or kbb to drop value and if it will even show up on CF. And if it does it will say paint fix. From what he said it was a manufactured flaw that got fixed and the door and bumper are probably not even that bad. My ex's car got keyed. It was fixed, new paint better than OEM, and it was no issue on sale date as everyone could see the fender, doors and quarter were perfect. Hell I traded my 09 WRX in with a huge dent on the roof and normal wear and tear and it was a normal trade in value what nada said it was worth.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:35 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by TenshiroG37

I am demanding them to trade me with a BRAND NEW carbon copy of my G37. I'm pretty stress out over this whole situation. Can you guys help me out? Should I lawyer up?

Demanding will probably just **** them off and the result is they will do little for you.

Calm down, take a deep breath and realize s#it happens.
It's only a freeking car.

Let them fix it and move on.

Telcoman
The following users liked this post:
Synolimit (04-14-2014)
Old 04-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,606 Likes on 3,449 Posts
^^^
This. Try not to approach these situations with anger. Be confident, correct and persistent.

As for them replacing the car... that's highly unlikely. You're asking the dealership to instantly suck up thousands of $$$ in immediate depreciation from new-to-used car. No one is going to do that for a situation that can be easily repaired. It's just math.

Last edited by Rochester; 04-14-2014 at 08:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (04-14-2014)
Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
OP, I'm kind of with you on this one. You are righteously pissed because it is your car and it was brand new. Most people get somewhat upset when they get the first scratch or door ding on their new car months down the line. To have 2 body panels damaged by someone other than you on a brand new car is a big deal.

You can try, but I doubt you'll be successful at getting them to replace the car. If you consult an attorney who deals in such things they can probably advise you better than I or anyone else here can. Your best outcome is to probably get them to repair it and maybe some free maintenance or something as a goodwill gesture if you're lucky. Do not accept the repair if the color doesn't match exactly. You didn't buy a two tone car, don't let them give you one by their carelessness or negligence. Depending on what color your car is and the skill of their body shop, it might be a bigger task than you'd imagine. I hope it works out as best as possible for you. Best of luck.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:29 AM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Sounds somewhat familiar with what happened to me, although my car wasn't 2-weeks old either (09). I dropped my car off for warranty repair work and came back to pick it up to notice the back drive side bumper cover was scratched and dented in. I dealt directly with the service manager on the issue... he said he would review his security cameras because they 'forgot' to note any damage on my car when it arrived in the morning. In the end, the manager didn't actually see the damage occur on the cameras, but made good on the repair of the bumper cover based on my word. I'm sure it must've been one of the lot attendants moving the car around and backed into a pole...
Old 04-14-2014, 09:29 AM
TenshiroG37

Car color is Moonlight White. Even if they fixed it, I am still left w/o my G37 for another 1-2 weeks and including the 2 weeks that they repaint my hood already. It will a month with my G37 driven by them and not me. That's bs. Im now too afraid that more ****s will happen in their hands. Come in with 1 issues and now return with 2 new issues. That's 3 issues total there. Who knows what other abuses thay I might not know. They could of abuse my car by gassing it, redlining it, open others area that I might not know, etc... I'm very displeased with this dealer.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
OP, I'm kind of with you on this one. You are righteously pissed because it is your car and it was brand new. Most people get somewhat upset when they get the first scratch or door ding on their new car months down the line. To have 2 body panels damaged by someone other than you on a brand new car is a big deal.

You can try, but I doubt you'll be successful at getting them to replace the car. If you consult an attorney who deals in such things they can probably advise you better than I or anyone else here can. Your best outcome is to probably get them to repair it and maybe some free maintenance or something as a goodwill gesture if you're lucky. Do not accept the repair if the color doesn't match exactly. You didn't buy a two tone car, don't let them give you one by their carelessness or negligence. Depending on what color your car is and the skill of their body shop, it might be a bigger task than you'd imagine. I hope it works out as best as possible for you. Best of luck.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:35 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Car color is Moonlight White.
Uh oh. Worst paint ever to color match perfectly.

Beautiful, though, that's for sure. My 6MT is MW.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Car color is Moonlight White. Even if they fixed it, I am still left w/o my G37 for another 1-2 weeks and including the 2 weeks that they repaint my hood already. It will a month with my G37 driven by them and not me. That's bs. Im now too afraid that more ****s will happen in their hands. Come in with 1 issues and now return with 2 new issues. That's 3 issues total there. Who knows what other abuses thay I might not know. They could of abuse my car by gassing it, redlining it, open others area that I might not know, etc... I'm very displeased with this dealer.
That's a chance you always take when leaving your car anywhere for service. The best you can do it note the mileage and make sure there's only minimal distance added to it (only enough to move it around the lot) and let them know you're doing that. For body work done on site, there shouldn't be more than maybe a few tenths on your odometer. The only other thing if you truly distrust them or have reason to fear your car is being abused is to install a small hidden camera.

As far as being out of your brand new car for weeks, that sucks. They should provide you with a comparable loaner. If they give you some econobox beater, complain that you want a car comparable the the car you are out of due to their mistake.

And as was mentioned, it seems almost impossible to perfectly match white for most body shops. I've seen a number of them come out close but not matching. Hopefully they'll take extra care to get it right since it's their fault it's damaged.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:53 AM
TenshiroG37

crap, now I'm more displeased since Moonlight White is hard to match. This is bs!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Rochester
Administrator

crap, now I'm more displeased since Moonlight White is hard to match. This is bs!
It wasn't my intention to freak you out, although it's certainly true... tri-coat paints are damn near impossible to match. And pearlescent white is just about the worst.

However (!), chin up buckaroo, because you've got one thing going for you: your car is brand new, so that OEM paint job is fresh and un-faded. If there were ever a time to try and match MW, this is the best time.

g'luck
Old 04-14-2014, 11:03 AM
TenshiroG37

I hope you're right, sir! I'm too stressed out to be give this dealership the car to do any work anymore!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:55 AM
TenshiroG37

Since my car is moonlight white and I don't know much about car paint. Is this 2 tone color, an Infiniti service guy told me that. Can someone help me confirm?

Quick Reply: HELP! The dealership damaged my G37 while it was in service!!!! HELP!!!