G37 Sedan

Skeptical about buying 2010 G37xs

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:42 PM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
You know, this discussion is depressing. I bought a 6MT, so I am about to sell my '09 xS. The '09 is in beautiful condition and impeccably maintained w/24K miles. But ... The closest Infiniti dealer is 75 miles away in Denver so I've done all my own service. I have records and receipts for everything, but Carfax shows no maintenance at all. I sure hope that people will trust my records.

My neighbor's wife has a silver c300. I've driven it - a nice car, interior is nicer in some ways than the G. But, not even remotely in the same sport/power class as the G. To me, it drives like a Lexus GS350 with less power. It's a nice car, though, and she likes the car. My wife likes the way it drives, too. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for.

Greg
Old 08-08-2013, 11:00 PM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by gsm026
You know, this discussion is depressing. I bought a 6MT, so I am about to sell my '09 xS. The '09 is in beautiful condition and impeccably maintained w/24K miles. But ... The closest Infiniti dealer is 75 miles away in Denver so I've done all my own service. I have records and receipts for everything, but Carfax shows no maintenance at all. I sure hope that people will trust my records.

My neighbor's wife has a silver c300. I've driven it - a nice car, interior is nicer in some ways than the G. But, not even remotely in the same sport/power class as the G. To me, it drives like a Lexus GS350 with less power. It's a nice car, though, and she likes the car. My wife likes the way it drives, too. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for.

Greg
If you're selling this on your own, you will do very well withe receipts, especially since your rationale about not using the dealership makes sense. The xS plus the great care will win over many potential buyers.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:51 PM
gsm026
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks, KEG, I see your point. A bit different when the buyer can talk to me directly vs. buying off a dealer's lot where you lose touch with the original owner. I'll be putting it up for sale next week and we will see what happens.

For the OP, I've had my xS a little less than 4 years, but it has been a great car. Not a single warranty issue. In your case, it's a lease return and those are mixed bags in my book. Most people treat them well but there are some who just don't care. Strange that the tires wore that unevenly on an xS. It's normal on RWD S models with staggered rims, but not so much on the x. And of course you can rotate tires on the x models.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:56 PM
davison0976
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by gsm026

Greg
As KEG said I wouldn't worry about carfax not showing maintenance. I would use carfax to see if there was a substantial damage to a car at some point. Even then it may not even show anything. In this thread carfax was actually showing "too much". I guess this is an example where the less is more. Speaking with the original owner is probably the best way to buy a car.