G37 Sedan

G37/G35 sedan trunk spoiler for $55 on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM
pricojorge

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
you can always go thru one of our dealers and get it for $1000 more !!!
Old 12-09-2011, 12:22 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
When I compared the box my 2 friends received after their purchase (one from the ebay guy - box #1, one from the link I posted - box #2), I observed the following:

1. Box #1, no fasteners. No big deal, you can source those anywhere.

2. Box #1, one of the two interior brackets used to mount "something" were missing from the ebay box. I noticed this as I looked at the paperwork that came in box #2. I don't know if the missing extra bracket is used to mount the button or the camera (my friends both have non-nav cars).

3. Box #1 missing the mounting template. Some think it isn't a big deal, some think it is. From the template I saw, it's very precise as to where you tape it down and where you drill the respective mounting holes. I personally wouldn't want to try to mount it without it.

Just some FYI info.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Fumanchu

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer_X
So you received the wrong color and need it repainted? o.O
They don't make this spoiler in Ivory Pearl.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:26 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by san~man
When I compared the box my 2 friends received after their purchase (one from the ebay guy - box #1, one from the link I posted - box #2), I observed the following:

1. Box #1, no fasteners. No big deal, you can source those anywhere.

2. Box #1, one of the two interior brackets used to mount "something" were missing from the ebay box. I noticed this as I looked at the paperwork that came in box #2. I don't know if the missing extra bracket is used to mount the button or the camera (my friends both have non-nav cars).

3. Box #1 missing the mounting template. Some think it isn't a big deal, some think it is. From the template I saw, it's very precise as to where you tape it down and where you drill the respective mounting holes. I personally wouldn't want to try to mount it without it.

Just some FYI info.
The pkg I rec'd had a single bracket, it was to extend the trunk button out for the longer spoiler lip. this was all that was needed for this particular install. I'll post some pics over the weekend of my spoiler and the installed pics. Those templates are very exact, it takes all the tedious measurements out of the equation, but I don't mind spending the time it'll take to get an accurate mount. Hopefully all will go well & I'll have some good news to report to you guys
Old 12-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Racer_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fumanchu
They don't make this spoiler in Ivory Pearl.
Got it.

8char.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:16 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
The pkg I rec'd had a single bracket, it was to extend the trunk button out for the longer spoiler lip. this was all that was needed for this particular install. I'll post some pics over the weekend of my spoiler and the installed pics. Those templates are very exact, it takes all the tedious measurements out of the equation, but I don't mind spending the time it'll take to get an accurate mount. Hopefully all will go well & I'll have some good news to report to you guys
Do you have the nav? Maybe the extra bracket was for the camera?
Old 12-09-2011, 08:26 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by san~man
Do you have the nav? Maybe the extra bracket was for the camera?
No nav here. Unfortunately I rec'd the Obsidian Black spoiler today and it was smashed almost in two pieces (what can brown do for you??), of course when I rec'd the wrong color it arrived in perfect flawless condition I'll post some pics of the spoiler tonight just so you guys can see that it's a true Nissan part (even though it's now useless). Guess I'll be posting my DIY in a week or more assuming the 3rd time's a charm

Here's those sad pics

Last edited by blnewt; 12-09-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:05 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Rec'd the replacement Fri.(came in perfect condition this time ) and put it on this morning. Simple install, took a couple hours, I just used the 4 inner mount points since the spoiler fit so snug against the trunk on the edges (and this is the strongest part of the spoiler). With the 2-sided tape and the 4 bolts it's not going anywhere and it's nice not drilling holes outside the area that was covered by the chrome trunk lip. Here's some pics & I'll try to get a DIY together w/ exact measurements and a couple tips to make it so anyone w/ a drill could do it

The following users liked this post:
RosaP-37S-G (07-30-2018)
Old 12-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Fumanchu

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I pick up my painted spoiler today. Can't wait to throw it on. Hopefully I can get away without drilling holes on the ends too. I have some double sided tape that is stronger than the oem tape that it comes with.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Fumanchu
I pick up my painted spoiler today. Can't wait to throw it on. Hopefully I can get away without drilling holes on the ends too. I have some double sided tape that is stronger than the oem tape that it comes with.
I was a bit worried about not using the push clips on the ends but after tightening the 4 inner bolts down for a trial fit (without applying the double sided tape) it was very solidly against the entire trunk lip. After applying the tape and snugging down the 4 bolts for the final install it's rock solid. The double sided tape isn't on the outside ends but runs about 4 inches form the ends and then a rubber weather seal takes over. I'm not a big fan of the push clips anyhow so I'm glad I didn't deal with them.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Racer_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
**pics'nstuff

Damn, looks nice!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:54 PM
G4FSR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
blnewt,
Nicely done. Just ordered mine tonight. Hopefully will get it intact in 2-3 weeks. Pls post the DIY. Don't want to drill holes as well. Did you have to remove the chrome spoiler?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:22 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by G4FSR
blnewt,
Nicely done. Just ordered mine tonight. Hopefully will get it intact in 2-3 weeks. Pls post the DIY. Don't want to drill holes as well. Did you have to remove the chrome spoiler?
Yes, the chrome lip is removed but you reuse some of the screws and since you actually use one of the existing holes it's simple to get the spoiler exactly where it needs to be so you can drill out the other ones under the chrome piece. I'll try to get those DIY details up soon.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Good thread. The spoiler looks great. Not a common option on the Sedan, but from what I can figure out, you only get the spoiler when the car is configured with 4WAS.

Love the overall badgeless, black look. Although the tail overlays seems kind of hacked at.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:36 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Rochester
Good thread. The spoiler looks great. Not a common option on the Sedan, but from what I can figure out, you only get the spoiler when the car is configured with 4WAS.

Love the overall badgeless, black look. Although the tail overlays seems kind of hacked at.
Thanks, for some reason the tails look different when in pics compared to seeing it in person, much more contrast in the pics so it doesn't appear to blend as well as it does when seeing it "live".

Quick Reply: G37/G35 sedan trunk spoiler for $55 on Ebay