Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G37 Problems - Please list

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 11:10 PM
dacj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Problems - Please list

I am having quite some problems with my new 2010 G37XS...being that it's less than 2 weeks old.

1st of all, within a week, one of the tire valve cap fell off, but i guess that is a dealer issue when they did their quality check they didnt put it back properly cause after I found out 1 was missing i tried to tighten the other three and they were all loose, like half way screwed in only.

2nd, the front passanger black leather chair, on the lower part where the lumber support would be ( doesnt have one, just to point out where), there is already color distortion, looks somewhat grey as if there were lots of dusts on it. I wiped it with water, regular cleanix towel, couldn't get it off, then I took it to car wash place for leather care, they just used a little conditioner or whatever it might be on the front part of the seat-back, not the sitting part, and the "grey" still did not come off, then i was told that it's more likely color distortion.

3rd, my speedodometer, not the RPM on the left, but the actual Km/H M/h on the right, does not go all the way down to zero, hence my actual driving speed is not the displaying speed, if I set my cruise on 80/h, the tacometer would show 83/h, ( and I am unsure whether I am acutally driving on 83 or 80...really...) Even if i come to a stall, shift in Park, or turn off the car, the needle still stays above zero, somewhere around 5...and please don't tell me that's how it is...I compared to three other cars, not G37, but they all go down to zero....it SHOULD!

Does anybody have any of the same issues? or any other issues that you can think of, please list it out cause I am taking it back to the dealership, and I want to check if there is any other problems. Calling my dealer tomorrow and I want to make sure that I give all the complaints that I have at once....get it done and over with.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:13 AM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
While we understand your frustrations, please understand that your problems you have with your G are yours, and our problems will not do you any good, or bad. For example I can tell you my leather on the door is wrinkled but if yours isn't, what difference does it make?

Just ask for another valve cap. Tell them it was missing.

On the seat discoloration, point it out - they will try to fix it, or maybe replace the seat.

On the speedo - not sure. I'll need to look at mine. I really don't look at it much when I'm sitting still. Do you have an external GPS you can use to clock the speed, for comparison?
Old 11-05-2010, 12:21 AM
dacj

Originally Posted by TinsleyC
While we understand your frustrations, please understand that your problems you have with your G are yours, and our problems will not do you any good, or bad. For example I can tell you my leather on the door is wrinkled but if yours isn't, what difference does it make?

On the speedo - not sure. I'll need to look at mine. I really don't look at it much when I'm sitting still. Do you have an external GPS you can use to clock the speed, for comparison?
Of course, I understand that not every car will have the same problem, but if people are having common problems, then it will become a point of interest for me to check at. Just to make things clear, I am not posting to complaint, but more like looking for POI on where most problems occurs.

It will not do any good or bad, but with enough opinions, I believe we can sort out the most common problems and people can check to see if they also have the same problem or not. Like some places are noticeable but others aren't unless they pay close attention to it. Example would be you don't bother looking at the odometer but I constantly watch my driving speed as an habit, (police are pressing on very hard recently).

I do have an external GPS though I haven't use it for long, it was the lowest model from Garmin Nuvi. I'll have to dig it out and check the speed on it. Thanks for the advice! ( never thought of that )
Old 11-05-2010, 01:11 AM
lier200a

If its brand new, I'd point it out to the ASAP so they can't blame you and they'll fix anything and everything right away too keep you happy.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:00 AM
devil2k
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My gas door isn't aligned properly and it rubs the paint. It's going in on Tuesday to have it fixed. This, to me, is a quality / fitment issue.

My iPhone 3G's audio streaming is crap, but I'd like to blame it on Apple.

The handset phonebook shows up as random characters, which is already a known issue reported somewhere on this forum.

One mirror came scratched up, it's being replaced on Tuesday as well. This is not a manufacturing issue though.

I have these so far...
Old 11-05-2010, 02:10 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
i just have little rattles in various spots that i can't pinpoint.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:43 AM
4drScreamer

Originally Posted by dacj
I am having quite some problems with my new 2010 G37XS...being that it's less than 2 weeks old.

1st of all, within a week, one of the tire valve cap fell off, but i guess that is a dealer issue when they did their quality check they didnt put it back properly cause after I found out 1 was missing i tried to tighten the other three and they were all loose, like half way screwed in only.

2nd, the front passanger black leather chair, on the lower part where the lumber support would be ( doesnt have one, just to point out where), there is already color distortion, looks somewhat grey as if there were lots of dusts on it. I wiped it with water, regular cleanix towel, couldn't get it off, then I took it to car wash place for leather care, they just used a little conditioner or whatever it might be on the front part of the seat-back, not the sitting part, and the "grey" still did not come off, then i was told that it's more likely color distortion.

3rd, my speedodometer, not the RPM on the left, but the actual Km/H M/h on the right, does not go all the way down to zero, hence my actual driving speed is not the displaying speed, if I set my cruise on 80/h, the tacometer would show 83/h, ( and I am unsure whether I am acutally driving on 83 or 80...really...) Even if i come to a stall, shift in Park, or turn off the car, the needle still stays above zero, somewhere around 5...and please don't tell me that's how it is...I compared to three other cars, not G37, but they all go down to zero....it SHOULD!

Does anybody have any of the same issues? or any other issues that you can think of, please list it out cause I am taking it back to the dealership, and I want to check if there is any other problems. Calling my dealer tomorrow and I want to make sure that I give all the complaints that I have at once....get it done and over with.
Your speedo should definitely go to zero.

Have them fix it!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Bailey'sRide

Rough cold idle is the only "issue" I have noted, and I understand, from this forum, that this is common. I am just back from the car's first oil change (and nav update). The service manager and I went into the loaner pool this morning and started several loaners to see what they sound like first thing in the morning--all a little rough for about a minute. No other problems; I love this car.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:32 AM
ged1067

Have the car just about a year now...no problems...

GED
Old 11-05-2010, 01:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1. Valve stem caps are like 3 cents...I think they can handle that one for you. I wouldn't even classify this as a "problem".

2. Have it replaced under warranty - problem solved. Leather varies, and yours likely is outside of acceptable variation.

3. That's an odd problem - bring it to the dealer and they will address it.

I doubt hearing about issues others are dealing with are going to be helpful to you, unless you're just looking for things wrong with the car. They should come up with a term for this - something like "auto hypochondria".
Old 11-05-2010, 02:57 PM
dacj

Originally Posted by devil2k
My gas door isn't aligned properly and it rubs the paint. It's going in on Tuesday to have it fixed. This, to me, is a quality / fitment issue.

My iPhone 3G's audio streaming is crap, but I'd like to blame it on Apple.

The handset phonebook shows up as random characters, which is already a known issue reported somewhere on this forum.

One mirror came scratched up, it's being replaced on Tuesday as well. This is not a manufacturing issue though.

I have these so far...
I don't know if this will apply to you, but my in-law's 2010 EX35 was recalled to have an software update for compatability issues with iphone, perhaps that will apply to your iphone issue as well? I never used iphone to stream music, just for phone purpose so I cannot tell. Also they included an extra card with my manual for the Music box update, apparently they've done some change to the owners manual? Maybe that'll help too. Ask your dealer if you never receive any notice about the software update, or maybe it's just us in canada.

Originally Posted by 15951
1. Valve stem caps are like 3 cents...I think they can handle that one for you. I wouldn't even classify this as a "problem".

2. Have it replaced under warranty - problem solved. Leather varies, and yours likely is outside of acceptable variation.

3. That's an odd problem - bring it to the dealer and they will address it.

I doubt hearing about issues others are dealing with are going to be helpful to you, unless you're just looking for things wrong with the car. They should come up with a term for this - something like "auto hypochondria".
Ya...I went to CanTire and thought that it's only like 2 bux for four, I'd just get it myself, and then the service guy at cantire said oh...if you have TPMS then you have to get it from your dealer for safety issue cause if cantire cap broke the valve tpms somehow, will not be covered by warranty.

I like your idea about hypochondria u know, being it a new car and you spend quite some money on it, you always want things to be perfect right ?
Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've had my 2010 for 8 months and put 6,800 miles on it with no problems so far.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:03 AM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by devil2k
My gas door isn't aligned properly and it rubs the paint. It's going in on Tuesday to have it fixed. This, to me, is a quality / fitment issue...
Mine is too! But only because I ran into it when it was open, and bent the hinge. It bends really easy. It would not even close so I grabbed it and bent it back. Now it rubs slightly on the edge toward the front of the car.

Last edited by TinsleyC; 11-06-2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Neal376

my car has turned on every time i wanted it to. Its perfect

i could care less about the scratches on the steering wheel

Last edited by Neal376; 11-06-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:34 AM
devil2k
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dacj
I don't know if this will apply to you, but my in-law's 2010 EX35 was recalled to have an software update for compatability issues with iphone, perhaps that will apply to your iphone issue as well? I never used iphone to stream music, just for phone purpose so I cannot tell. Also they included an extra card with my manual for the Music box update, apparently they've done some change to the owners manual? Maybe that'll help too. Ask your dealer if you never receive any notice about the software update, or maybe it's just us in canada.
Thanks, I'll ask them to check. Actually, I should spend the weekend and go through all TSBs to see if I notice any on my car.

Originally Posted by TinsleyC
Mine is too! But only because I ran into it when it was open, and bent the hinge. It bends really easy. It would not even close so I grabbed it and bent it back. Now it rubs slightly on the edge toward the front of the car.
I definitely didn't run into mine, I noticed it even before I did my first fill up and use it for the first time. Either someone at the dealership did it or it was assembled like that. Mine rubs too and I'm worried that it'll run the paint off and then rust.

Quick Reply: G37 Problems - Please list