G37 Sedan

Why Does G37 lose so much?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 03:52 PM
4DOORFUN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Spathic
My 7AT G37xS weighs 3820 lbs. Just weighed it last month for a government move... Guess the MT is lighter.

Yes, lighter and faster. Less driveline loss too.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:54 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my g37 just "feels" fast. i dont need to watch youtube videos or race anybody to know. i hit the gas at the light and it kicks my a$$.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:55 PM
DmfG37sTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cvroom
my g37 just "feels" fast. i dont need to watch youtube videos or race anybody to know. i hit the gas at the light and it kicks my a$$.
Do you ever come on this side of the river?
Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
havent in awhile. yea looks like you could show me a faster G37
Old 08-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Clax

So...will TT or SC help or will it not? Does anybody know if those featured race on importrace channel and website that show g37 lost are pre-tt pre-sc or after tt/sc.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Jayhawk815

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clax
So...will TT or SC help or will it not? Does anybody know if those featured race on importrace channel and website that show g37 lost are pre-tt pre-sc or after tt/sc.
I'm guessing either English isn't your native language or you're a mental midget. Perhaps both? Also, your understanding of racing, engine modification and performance, and dynamics in general is limited.

Sorry for the bashing, but after reading your posts I became a little irritated. First off, if drag racing is your primary focus, a G37 sedan was a poor platform to start with. Sure, it's decently quick bone stock, and can be modified via forced induction and other bolt-ons to greatly increase power, but as others have mentioned, it's a fairly heavy car. You'd have been better off going a different route.

Second, with enough money and know-how, a person can make nearly any car incredibly quick. Some cars are just more easily and less costly tuned. To answer your question, forced induction, whether turbo or supercharging, should give you a significant increase in power. It just depends on what hardware is used, to what pressure it's tuned, what other mods are implemeted, etc.

Without having seen the videos in question, and more importantly, without having seen these cars myself, it's difficult to say if forced induction was used. More important than what cars they were losing to is what times were these G's posting?

End rant.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:17 PM
DmfG37sTT

If im not mistaken, the g37 sedans are lighter than the coupes. However I do agree with that your saying. You cant put a Infiniti to the line and exspect it to be a good "drag" car. its power to weight ratio is way off and makes it that much of a lemon on the drag strip. However the G can be a very fun highway car.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:18 PM
DmfG37sTT

Originally Posted by cvroom
havent in awhile. yea looks like you could show me a faster G37
Absoultly, rides are free as long as your willing to make the trip
Old 08-12-2010, 05:20 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
No matter how much $ you put into your car, there will always be someone faster.

I'm 100% comfortable with the size of my *****.
The following 2 users liked this post by TheLocNar:
lightlypurified (09-15-2013), Oakenfire (04-19-2020)
Old 08-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Clax

Originally Posted by Jayhawk815
I'm guessing either English isn't your native language or you're a mental midget. Perhaps both? Also, your understanding of racing, engine modification and performance, and dynamics in general is limited.

Sorry for the bashing, but after reading your posts I became a little irritated. First off, if drag racing is your primary focus, a G37 sedan was a poor platform to start with. Sure, it's decently quick bone stock, and can be modified via forced induction and other bolt-ons to greatly increase power, but as others have mentioned, it's a fairly heavy car. You'd have been better off going a different route.

Second, with enough money and know-how, a person can make nearly any car incredibly quick. Some cars are just more easily and less costly tuned. To answer your question, forced induction, whether turbo or supercharging, should give you a significant increase in power. It just depends on what hardware is used, to what pressure it's tuned, what other mods are implemeted, etc.

Without having seen the videos in question, and more importantly, without having seen these cars myself, it's difficult to say if forced induction was used. More important than what cars they were losing to is what times were these G's posting?

End rant.
Maybe you are not understanding where I am coming from or maybe I am not expressing myself well enough. I have a sti and a g37, 1 is for drag and 1 is for normal driving. I already stated on my first post that I love my g37, more than the sti.

Now my whole issue, I am NOT the one using g37 for drag purpose, I have a sti for that, BUT I see g37 vid being posted on various drag site VERY often and all of these vid shows a g37 lost. I already gave example of where these vid are located, you can locate them very easily.

I dont know, am I the only here that hate seeing my cherished car lose on a daily basis? I just simply wanted to know if that 5k Stilien Sc or that 9k tt can be a simple fix to this.....losing streak.

And really, I am hoping for someone with experience in dragging with the G37 tt or sc to answer, because I am actually in a middle of buying decision now; dumping another 7-8k on the sti or putting it in 8-10k on the G37 for tt or sc. Obviously I want the biggest bang for my buck.

Last edited by Clax; 08-12-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:49 PM
DmfG37sTT

Maybe you are not understanding where I am coming from or maybe I am not expressing myself well enough. I have a sti and a g37, 1 is for drag and 1 is for normal driving. I already stated on my first post that I love my g37, more than the sti.

Now my whole issue, I am NOT the one using g37 for drag purpose, I have a sti for that, BUT I see g37 vid being posted on various drag site VERY often and all of these vid shows a g37 lost. I already gave example of where these vid are located, you can locate them very easily.

I dont know, am I the only here that hate seeing my cherished car lose on a daily basis? I just simply wanted to know if that 5k Stilien Sc or that 9k tt can be a simple fix to this.....losing streak.
If you looking not to loose as much I wouldnt even get sc or tt. Go out get yourself intake, headers, exhaust, tune, coilovers, wheels and tires, and then if its not fast enough for you then, then maybe I would think about F/I
Old 08-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Jayhawk815

And really, I am hoping for someone with experience in dragging with the G37 tt or sc to answer, because I am actually in a middle of buying decision now; dumping another 7-8k on the sti or putting it in 8-10k on the G37 for tt or sc. Obviously I want the biggest bang for my buck.
Props for constructing a legible post!

As far as the vids go, I just started looking and haven't found them. Hyperthreading or at the very least providing a link would be much appreciated.

As efuseakay already mentioned, there will always be someone faster out there. Period.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Clax

YouTube - ImportRace's Channel

You can see some of the g37 drag video in this channel
Old 08-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Anthony123

Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
You have been a memer since july of 2009 and this is your first post???
never had much to say i guess.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Jayhawk815

YouTube - ImportRace's Channel

You can see some of the g37 drag video in this channel
Ok, checked out the site you were referencing. I saw times for the 350Z/G35/G37 that ranged anywhere from 10.9 to well over 14 sec. The 10 sec car was obviously the benefactor of forced induction as well as a long list of other mods, in addition to a competent driver. The 14 sec cars all suffered from terrible launches, poor shifting, etc., i.e. poor driving.

Yes, a number of those cars lost. Some of which were to insanely powerful and quick cars. Losing to a car posting a 9.5 et is nothing to be embarrased about! A stock G37 should be capable of mid to upper 13 sec et's. Very respectable. With some simple bolt-on mods, and perhaps forced induction 12 sec et's should be attainable.

Still, there will be countless cars that are faster. Who cares? That's not the premise for the G.

Quick Reply: Why Does G37 lose so much?