Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 01:27 PM
QueenCityG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Panamajon
I know this isn't a huge complaint but if I'm listening to a podcast or song on my iPod and I answer a call that comes in via Bluetooth, the podcast doesn't stop when I answer the call and short of unplugging the USB I can't figure out how to change this.
+1...i agree..it should pause and let you go back to where you left off.

also i think the cruise control is cheap...on my BMW it was more intuitive...you could bump it for 5mph intervals...or a tap for 1mph...also it showed a digital read out on the set speed.

glad i read in here about the quick 2 taps on the start button to shut the engine off without turning off the radio or ending my Bluetooth phone call.

i also think that the digital screen in the dash is weak...it only shows one small set of info...id like to see the outside temp....trip millage..MPG..all at once. i had this on my 06 3series.

still getting used to the 7AT...its ok...trying to find my pull gears..tire shedding gears...etc etc.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:12 AM
bleu ardoise
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pauljr0187
I have driven my G37 for a month now. Had a 2010 Maxima. I hate to say this, but I liked the Max better.
Maxima is roomier, comes with more options (Heated steering wheel, cool seat, hot aux plug when car is off, RCA inputs, Reverse tilt down side mirrors, bigger trunk, bigger glove box.)

The center console is awful. Every time I take an exit or hard turn the cup in the cup holder tips over sideways and spills everywhere.
The Sat./FM AM button all in one. Drives me crazy. Sat. button should be by itself, again the Maxima is like that. One button for Sat. Radio and One button for FM/AM.

The G handles a lot better that's about it.
You would think the G would come better equipped.

If you took the Maxima body and placed it on the G37X drive train I think you would have an almost perfect car.
If i had to do it all over again I would of waited for a re design on the Maxima's and bought a new one instead of the G37..

G37xS (Limited) Loaded= $46,245
Maxima Loaded with more options= $40,000

I guess like the saying goes, "your paying for the NAME"
Looks like you bought the wrong car if you wanted Maxima luxury from a G37...

Next time you might want do some research if $6K and missing those options is that big of a deal to you, didn't you even test drive the car and read what options it had or didn't have?

No M37's on the lot?

I agree for the most part, i.e roomier, more options as I had a 09 and 11 Maxima with the Premium package, cooled seats, etc, etc, etc great cars but FWD, CVT, all luxury and very little sport. I wanted a sportier car so I went for the G, if I wanted all of the Maxima comforts I would have moved to a M37...

I did the research before even visited the dealer, same when I visited Audi and BMW... On paper the G was a better value then the others and in real life I still think it is..