G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:02 AM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Little things that annoy me about my G

Now before I get attacked, just let me say that I love the car. It's quick and it handles (too bad "the ultimate driving machine" slogan is already taken). It's comfortable (if you're not huge), AND IT'S SEXY AS HELL.

But, a few little things do **** me off in addition to the issues I already posted in this forum:

Why is the ipod input located in the arm rest? I don't know where I would choose to put it if I were building a car. But not there!!

How come the doors unlock only after shutting the car off and not when putting it in Park? It's pretty irritating. Maybe it can be reprogrammed

After a rainy night, I go to my car to open the trunk, and every time, somehow, a big portion of the water which was sitting on top manages to drip inside the trunk.
Very disappointing that a car like this would not have the proper insulation around the trunk area to make the water go around like it should and does in any of the cars I have owned in the past.

Of course these are minor issues. Annoying? Yes. But not a deal breaker by any means.

Last edited by BLKG37X; 06-18-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:30 AM
stuckintraffic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two things that would make this night and day for me: 1) it's a PAIN to go through my playlist. If i'm playing a song that starts w/ the letter "T" and I go to map and then go back to playlist, it starts back at the letter "A" and not "T" so I have to scroll all the way down if I want to listen to a song that starts w/ "S". My '07 bimmer does this and its bliss.

2) Be able to use all functions of the center console while driving. I see now the advantage of the menu navigator near the gear shifter.

Other than that I'm happier overall w/ this car than my older bimmer so far.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:30 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The ipod connection location in between the front seats is becoming somewhat of an industry standard these days.

One thing I'd like to be able to do is tune the sat radio one channel at a time on the steering wheel controls. The current setup just skips among presets.

When mycar gets wet from rain or whatever, the water seems to stagnate slightly and dirt collects close to the left/right outer edges of the hood in those valleys. I guess it's more noticeable with a white car.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:51 AM
Reno-ID-Doc

For 2009 7AT G37X Sedan:

I like the car very much. No real major issues for me, except as what everyone posting here noticed as small inconveniences or annoyance, which could definitely be improved, enhanced, or modified hopefully in the future models.
I agree with BLKG37 on the trunk waterdripping issue. After a car wash, rain or sleet, opening the truck somehow gets your stuff in the trunk wet due to drips funneling through the inside felt. I had my kid's school artwork wet that time.

The rear bumper flat area always get dusty & dirty more noticeably than any other parts of the car. (Like the dusty rear bumpers of SUVs... Can't escape the physics of aerodynamics here).

There's little space in the arm rest mini-armoir with the iPod cable & player. You have to coil the cable to tuck everything in to add more space.

Relatively small glove compartment.

No folding backseat for longer items in trunk.

Front lower bumper area basketweaving I don't find appealing.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:08 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Mine rattles like no tomorrow now. Also, my Ipod touch doesnt fit very well in the center or anywhere. Maybe i need to make more room for it?? The rattling is what drives me crazy. OHh, my navi always thinks I am a .25 mile behind where I am at. Really annoying since my job is all about driving...
Old 03-24-2010, 10:22 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with the trunk design issue letting water into the trunk due to the tail light moldings. The salesman was so proud of the trunk design when he showed me the car because of how large the opening is and how the hardware is layed out...

The other thing that bugs me is how sensitive the buttons on the FOB are. I've stopped putting it in my pants pocket because anything against the FOB will likely result in the doors unlocking, or worse the windows lowering and trunk unlocking. This has already happened a few times. Last week I had the FOB in my jacket pocket and when I placed the jacket on the back seat the trunk unlocked. I'm 99% sure the nothing was hitting the FOB but somehow the pressure on the button was enough and to do this. I'm aware of the silicone covers available but thinking about making something to prevent this.
The following users liked this post:
MrHarrisMath (04-15-2021)
Old 03-24-2010, 10:33 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

I never had any issues with water getting in my trunk. When I open it, if it's been raining or snowing, the water hits the rear window and runs down into the channel around the trunk opening and onto the the ground. Everything in my trunk always stays dry.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:06 AM
TTZ2G

Originally Posted by SkyMG37x

The other thing that bugs me is how sensitive the buttons on the FOB are. I've stopped putting it in my pants pocket because anything against the FOB will likely result in the doors unlocking, or worse the windows lowering and trunk unlocking. This has already happened a few times. Last week I had the FOB in my jacket pocket and when I placed the jacket on the back seat the trunk unlocked. I'm 99% sure the nothing was hitting the FOB but somehow the pressure on the button was enough and to do this. I'm aware of the silicone covers available but thinking about making something to prevent this.
this is my biggest frustration... had my car for 2 weeks and has already happened at least 5 times. Moreso when I am working on my car, then of course I wind up banging my head on something from being startled by the alarm! PITA!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:23 AM
LightsOut

no complaints so far...

Comining from a g35 coupe, Infiniti has improved much of the concerned areas.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:25 AM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by SkyMG37x
I agree with the trunk design issue letting water into the trunk due to the tail light moldings. The salesman was so proud of the trunk design when he showed me the car because of how large the opening is and how the hardware is layed out...

There is a safety mechanism that prevents you from locking your FOB in the trunk. If you forget to take you keys out of your jacket, and throw it in the trunk, the trunk opens immediately and the thing starts beeping.

Some things about this car are very clever, and some not so much
Old 03-24-2010, 12:24 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

my 3 complaints:

Auto headlights come on too fast, especially when going under bridges
Not enough presets to store radio stations especially if you have XM
Low resolution of NAV screen (fixed in 2010 model)
Old 03-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Pip

Originally Posted by stuckintraffic
Two things that would make this night and day for me: 1) it's a PAIN to go through my playlist. If i'm playing a song that starts w/ the letter "T" and I go to map and then go back to playlist, it starts back at the letter "A" and not "T" so I have to scroll all the way down if I want to listen to a song that starts w/ "S". My '07 bimmer does this and its bliss.

2) Be able to use all functions of the center console while driving. I see now the advantage of the menu navigator near the gear shifter.

Other than that I'm happier overall w/ this car than my older bimmer so far.
How about some more sat radio presets? I could use a LOT more than just 6.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:15 PM
bosssho

Why is the ipod input located in the arm rest? I don't know where I would choose to put it if I were building a car. But not there

How come the doors unlock only after shutting the car off and not when putting it in Park? It's pretty irritating. Maybe it can be reprogrammed

Those are the two that kill me...but the Doors not unlocking when the %^&*( car is in Park is the killer for me...Getting my son or dropping him off at Day care all the time...very annoying. Never heard of this...hopefully there will be a hack or workaround for this. Makes no sense.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Jamler

Originally Posted by madmax2k1
my 3 complaints:

Auto headlights come on too fast, especially when going under bridges
Not enough presets to store radio stations especially if you have XM
Low resolution of NAV screen (fixed in 2010 model)
Have you tried to set the sensitivity of the headlight auto on???
I know I saw this setting, but have not backed it way off... did notice
that lights came on under an overpass yesterday
Old 03-24-2010, 02:01 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pip
How about some more sat radio presets? I could use a LOT more than just 6.
There's actually 18 if you count 6 different ones for A,B, and C. Although I think it's kind of tricky to switch between all the preset banks while driving -- I'd prefer just more numbered buttons.

Here's another -- ever have the Sunlight reflect off the Mt. Fuji on the wheel into your eyes?
The following users liked this post:
MrHarrisMath (04-15-2021)

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G