G37 Sedan

Little things that annoy me about my G

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:16 AM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bashirdur
That options is in the comfort section of the settings. On my 06 Armada I can set it up from.the setting menu and of my G it was already ON when I got the car so really didn't hunt for it besides I never use the keyfob, I pretty much always use the door handle button. Makes me feel good about the car
I also use the buttons on the doors and the trunk regularly, but if everything lit up by unlocking through the keyfob, then I might do it that way. There is no option like that in the settings menu.

Last edited by BLKG37X; 09-26-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:53 AM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by TitanToo
I've had my 09 G37xS for over a year now. I have a long list of irritants for poor design:

1. Key fob, that is supposed to stay in your pocket, that lanuches the alarm (or pops the trunk) when you shift your legs.
2. iPOD interface that doesn't charge the iPOD
3. Cramped quarters of the centre console box for iPOD, and cell phone charger, etc.
4. Same centre console, when the clasp break, breaks "open" not "closed". Wildly annoying. The console is too small (see 3), so it was too easy to break it when trying to close it. It also took my dealership, the only one in town, over 10 days to get a replacement part... <SIGH>
5. Can't navigate the iPOD when car is moving. You can see the directory, but can't navigate into directories to play songs. No indication that this is "by design" (for safety)... it just seems like your link to the iPOD is screwed up. Terrible user interface.
6. Awful voice recognition.

7. No way to shortcut through the voice recognition menus. "Phonebook"
"Name" pause "Dial" pause. Of course, it never picks up "Dial" (see 6) so I press the enter button on the steering wheel. But really, it should allow you to "buffer" voice commands rather than waiting eternally.
8. Bluetooth fails for no reason at all periodically. I've had to delete the association to fix it... and that means the directory I painstakingly programmed gets wiped out.
9. Get a new phone, get to enter the directory... again... (see 8).
10. Disconnect the battery for service, get to enter the directory... again.. (see 8).
11. When the Power Distribution Unit (whatever that is) fails, the car alarms telling you that the car is in gear (when it isn't). And the only way to shut off the alarm is to disconnect the battery (see 8). Oh, and the car won't lock unless you do it manually.
12. Placement of the open/close buttons for the side windows always has me opening/closing the back windows instead of the driver window. They're just badly placed.
13. Built in garage door opener... the buttons aren't lit up, so you can't see them at night. The regular driver has no problem, but an occasional driver can easily get confounded.
14. Why is the unlock button not lit up on the drivers side door?
15. Trunk release button is prone to freezing shut
16. Headlight design makes my expensive xenon headlamps useless when roads are wet and dirty. Headlight cleaners should be mandatory on this car.. during winter, my visibility stinks. I have to clean the headlamps daily to have any luck, and even then it won't last long.
17. Backup cam lens gets dirty immediately in the same circumstances as described in 16.
18. Door design makes it easy to back your shin on the door edge when getting in and out of the vehicle.
19. My doors don't want to swing open and stay open. They want to bounce closed.
20. Charger in centre console shuts off when car is turned off. Given the iPOD interface doesn't charge when the iPOD is connected, how do I ever keep my iPOD powered without a huge nuisance?

I'm sure I can come up with more. Especially around the user interface to the brutal tech package. And it doesn't even cover my gripes about my experiences with warranty service.

All in all, I lament the loss of the BMW I used to drive.
1. Rarely happens to me.
2. True
3,4. Everything is cramped in this car, but making it larger would increase weight and performance would suffer.
5. True
6. True
7. True, very annoying
8. Bluetooth function can def be improved
9. I think this is with any car
10. I think this is with any car, all presets get lost
11. Not sure what you mean
12. Poor design
13. Don't have a garage door, can't comment
14. That's true. For some reason the Lock button is lit up instead, and the car locks the doors automatically anyway. Doesn't make sense
15. Didn't experience this
16. Didn't experience this
17. True
18. I'm almost 6'0 ft. Didn't experience this
19. Didn't experience this
20. I think the charger should shut off when shutting the car off to conserve battery life.

I think that many of these issues can be solved with minimal added cost to the car. The car is good, it just needs little tweaks here and there.

Something that would increase the cost of the car however, and something I would gladly pay for as I mentioned in the past... Heated Steering Wheel !!!!!!!!!!!!
It was 18 degrees last night in NY, and the wheel was freezing. My old Infiniti had one, how come a newer one doesn't offer it at all???
Old 02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
LTrainG37

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Something that would increase the cost of the car however, and something I would gladly pay for as I mentioned in the past... Heated Steering Wheel !!!!!!!!!!!!
100% agree. My 2010 Ram that I traded in for my G had a heated steering wheel (and ventilated seats), but I really miss that heated wheel some mornings.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:50 PM
KaptainObvious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my 2 cents

2011 G37x Sedan

1. Who the ?uck chose the ugly colors for the non-nav head unit! are you kidding... ORANGE & GRAY! It's like you wanted to punish the customer who did NOT buy the NAV unit.

2. Hate the fact that the tune up and down on the column are only to scroll thru presets.

3. Glad I got the Premium Bose sound system so I can listen to my Droid playlist. Oh wait! only comes with an iPod dock port. Idiots... and thanks to the salesman for NOT pointing that one out.

4. Remote start FOB sucks. I have to be so close to the car for it to work I may as well get in it and push the button on the dash.

5. The power connector/storage compartment in front of the shifter is a total waste of time. can't store anything in there. And if you are lucky enough to find something that fits, it's next to impossible to fish it out.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KaptainObvious
2011 G37x Sedan

1. Who the ?uck chose the ugly colors for the non-nav head unit! are you kidding... ORANGE & GRAY! It's like you wanted to punish the customer who did NOT buy the NAV unit.

2. Hate the fact that the tune up and down on the column are only to scroll thru presets.

3. Glad I got the Premium Bose sound system so I can listen to my Droid playlist. Oh wait! only comes with an iPod dock port. Idiots... and thanks to the salesman for NOT pointing that one out.

4. Remote start FOB sucks. I have to be so close to the car for it to work I may as well get in it and push the button on the dash.

5. The power connector/storage compartment in front of the shifter is a total waste of time. can't store anything in there. And if you are lucky enough to find something that fits, it's next to impossible to fish it out.
1) Agree
3) ??I have the Premium Bose on a 2011, and I have a USB port. Controls a generic MP3 player perfectly, turns off with the car, restarts right where it was when the car is started.
4) Not an Infiniti option.
5) Change. Handy in this town of toll booths.

The most annoying thing for me is that the auto headlights don't come on with the wipers (the law in Va). But if they did, that would probably p*** somebody else off.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:06 PM
turbo600hp

having 11' G37s cp for one month now (Had 09' G cp and M35). always love this car, but still something can be improved:

1. Where to rest my left arm, and right arm?
2. one month, i've already got little scratch inside the door handle, especially for the white color. don't even know who they got there
3. center storage room is way too small. funny to compare with my wife's RDX. center console can put laptop in. but ours, wiht Itouch. it is full
4. center information display. can it be operated from steering wheel?
5. cooled seat, especially in Texas
6. no head room. i am 5'11", not that tall. but with hair spiked, man it is annoying.

anyway, still love the car
Old 04-21-2011, 01:33 AM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I listen to my Droid X music using bluetooth wireless connection. No need to connect physically to my G. It works.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:59 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
^ non-navi units don't have that capability no wireless bt connection that is...
Old 04-21-2011, 02:21 AM
HappyG

1. Auto headlight does not come on on dark rainy days even when the wiper is on. I tried all sensitivity settings but no help.

2. The outside temperature is not displayed on the navigation screen. I have to flip several screens on the dot matrix LCD just to see the outside temperature. I repeat this same steps almost everyday.

3. Doors does not automatically lock after I parked and got out of the car.

4. Birds love my car! And they are not shy to prove it! Little do they know I do not approve their action!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:12 AM
KLB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mudgen
1) 5) Change. Handy in this town of toll booths.
You don't have cashless tollroads yet?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Mudgen
Registered Member

2011 G37x Sedan

I keep seeing remarks like this one, and I'm puzzled. An iPod dock connector is a proprietary 30-pin plug:

Are there actually people who have this instead of the standard USB port on my 2011 G37x? I can connect my phone via that USB connection or Bluetooth. Mostly I just use an 8Gb mp3 player with a large chunk of my music collection on it. I've never had a disk in the CD player.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KLB
You don't have cashless tollroads yet?
We do, but they're alternate routes for me, so I don't want to pay the annual subscription fee for the transponder.

Right now, I'm doomed to getting out of Richmond via toll road when I leave work, for at least a couple of weeks. They found a bad bridge beam on I-95 north, and the downtown I-95N corridor is pretty much a 24-7 mess while they have a lane shut down to work on it. So up 195 I go at $.70 a whack.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:37 PM
superjer2000

2011 G37x Sedan

I agree with this. Someone else mentioned changed, but good luck getting it out unless your fingers are as thin as chopsticks. It took me 30 seconds to dig a coin out of that little compartment as it is do deep and the opening is so narrow and dips in an odd direction.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:56 PM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by superjer2000
I agree with this. Someone else mentioned changed, but good luck getting it out unless your fingers are as thin as chopsticks. It took me 30 seconds to dig a coin out of that little compartment as it is do deep and the opening is so narrow and dips in an odd direction.
Very true. One time I parked at a meter, and tried to pry out a couple of quarters. The whole process took so long that by the time I fished out the quarters and lifted my head up, the meter maid was already printing me a ticket
Old 04-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Mudgen
Registered Member

^Point. I do have slim fingers, works fine for me.

Quick Reply: Little things that annoy me about my G