G37 Sedan

LEXShield for my G37

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 01:18 AM
duffster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LEXShield for my G37

Just made a appointment to have the delux version of the LEXShield(Ventershield) installed for $550 here in the Phoenix area. The dealer was list pricing it at $1395 but was willing to do it for $720. I did some calling around in the area and found a shop/dealer who will have it done for the price of $550. I'm being told that a installer from LEXShield comes to the shop and does it as he's the certified installer. I let ya know how it comes out.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:34 AM
WhiteGhost

Holy sheit that is pricey! What parts are they covering? Then again I have no clue how much this would cost.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I never heard of Ventureshield being called LEXShield - are you sure which product this is?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:17 PM
duffster

I believe Ventureshield is the name of the product, just like 3M, and both are a clear urethane film. LEXShield is the company that sells ventureshield(as oposed to 3M) or wholesales it to the local dealers throughout the contry. I called the LEXshield(Lexprotect) company from a sales brocher at the dealer and got the installers in my area and went with the best price. I've seen it on a few cars while shopping for my G37.

The delux kit covers the whole front of the car (and more) that would be affected by rock chips. The kit covers bumpers upper and lower, the front of the hood the headlights, painted front facing mirror surface, door edge guards, door handle pockets. It pretty extensive coverage, you'd have to see one installed to really get a good picture in your head.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:45 AM
Kwang

That is a good price. However, if it sounds too good to be true, then you should be careful. I am not sure how good mobile installers are, but personally, I am weary about them.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:38 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kwang
That is a good price. However, if it sounds too good to be true, then you should be careful. I am not sure how good mobile installers are, but personally, I am weary about them.
No dealer will have their own installers - they contract film installers to come over to install. This is not abnormal.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:08 PM
pharm30

Originally Posted by duffster
Just made a appointment to have the delux version of the LEXShield(Ventershield) installed for $550 here in the Phoenix area. The dealer was list pricing it at $1395 but was willing to do it for $720. I did some calling around in the area and found a shop/dealer who will have it done for the price of $550. I'm being told that a installer from LEXShield comes to the shop and does it as he's the certified installer. I let ya know how it comes out.
I didn't shop around - Scottsdale told me $1200, Peoria charged $699.
LEX has their own installers.
The service advisor told me their "best" installer did mine - he did a great job, looks nice.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:14 AM
duffster

The guy who's going to do the install on mine is from LEX, and I belive his name is Anthony. Infiniti of Scottsdale who gave me the second best price of $720, also stated that a installer comes from the LEX company and does the installs at there dealership.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:48 AM
Sytrash

Do you drive a white car? Just a warning from my experience if u do. I installed my car in May, and I drive it once a week for 30 miles each time. The shield does protect the paint, but any non-bug substances, mostly road tar, I think, will leave a light layer of black smudge eats into the shield and can't be cleaned. On a white car, it shows...and if it's driven everyday...

I am vey frustrated about it, but well...
Old 08-22-2009, 05:24 AM
Kwang

Originally Posted by Sytrash
Do you drive a white car? Just a warning from my experience if u do. I installed my car in May, and I drive it once a week for 30 miles each time. The shield does protect the paint, but any non-bug substances, mostly road tar, I think, will leave a light layer of black smudge eats into the shield and can't be cleaned. On a white car, it shows...and if it's driven everyday...

Maybe you can try researching for a wax or sealant to protect the film from such smudges. Kind of ironic, you are getting protection for the car, but the protection also needs protection.

Look into Rejex; I heard it is supposedly good for the bra. I have it myself... but have only applied it once when I first got the car with the bra on... I don't have enough time for a wash and Rejex application... So, haven't been able to apply it again lol. My car is OB, so I can't tell how well Rejex is working.

Regarding mobile installers; I actually took my car to a detail shop that also specialized in installing the bra using computer-cut-templates. It's just my personal preference -- an installer with an actual shop and workers has more credibility imo. I did search for prices too. A mobile installer offered about $100 cheaper, but in the end, I concluded I didn't want to take any chances and went with the detail shop.
<div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs>
Old 08-22-2009, 07:55 AM
JMillerFL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mobile installer did my Ventureshield at my house in my garage and it turned out perfect. Guy is based out of Longwood, FL. $718.00 for everything.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Sytrash

Originally Posted by Kwang
Maybe you can try researching for a wax or sealant to protect the film from such smudges. Kind of ironic, you are getting protection for the car, but the protection also needs protection.

Look into Rejex; I heard it is supposedly good for the bra. I have it myself... but have only applied it once when I first got the car with the bra on... I don't have enough time for a wash and Rejex application... So, haven't been able to apply it again lol. My car is OB, so I can't tell how well Rejex is working.
<div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs>
I already have 2 coats of wax, and 2 coats of jet seal on it. Still didn't seem to work...
Old 08-22-2009, 02:14 PM
duffster

Originally Posted by Sytrash

Yes the car is white, moonlight white. I'll ask the LEX installer about this issue when I go to pick it up and see what he says.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:50 PM
jane

I wonder how this stuff will come off when it needs to be removed on the Scratch Shield Paint? Any problems I wonder?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:45 AM
smarkgraf

Hi all,

Just purchased a 2010 Moonlight White G37 and was interested in how the VentureShiel/ Lexshield clear bras are holding up? Specifically interested in the black smudges that won't come out.