G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you hear the High-Pitch/Frequency Noise?
YES!
59.90%
NO!
40.10%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

High-Pitch/Frequency Noise Poll.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 12:51 AM
brynomon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Likewise! I will also see if I can replicate this, but at this time i have not noticed it.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:08 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
heads up that the 09 370Z are having the same issues
Old 05-06-2009, 05:43 PM
TL62

Definitely hear it, we have a 2009 G37xS sedan with all options (besides AWS :P)
Old 05-10-2009, 01:38 PM
FlyBar

Same Here

Hi

I have this noise too. Canadian version G37 sport 2008

Took it to dealer. They clamed it was alternator so they replaced it. The sound is still there. Tech told me he went to to other 37s on lot and the problem was present in all of them. This issue is not isolated so dont believe them if they tell you this. Tell them to take you to any 37 on lot and test for it

We need to get this fixed. I have an eletrical engineering background and as a rule these types of issues are not too hard to find/fix.

Other issues worth a mention:

1) Bad Seats (Leather went all wrinkley) Dealer replaced Seats covers
2) Creaking sound coming from winshield area whenever car frame flexed or jared (Dealer 1st put in foam spacers in dash which did not work then on 2nd attempt said it was due to bad cowls which were replaced) (Seems better but still present)
3) Exhaust system had cracked mount which caused rattle (Dealer replaced mount) Fixed issue.
4) Air fuel ratio sensor failed (Dealer replaced) (Fixed issue)

BTW Car has less then 10KM on it

I am not upset with dealer as its not their fault. These are design flaws. Blame Infiniti engineers and poor testing/QA.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:08 AM
PeterUbers

I have yet to hear this high pitched noise...
Old 05-11-2009, 11:17 AM
dletin

high-pitch on my EX35 is just driving me crazy

This high-pitch noise is driving me crazy. As soon a i put my foot on the accelerator - here it comes. My wife does not here it, but I can't stand it anymore. I'm taking it to the dealer again. On my first attempt they just told me that they do not here anything.
I have printed all the messages from this forum. I think this time they will have hard time telling me that there is no noise.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:57 AM
SilverTL05

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The noise actually comes from the front Passenger side floor wall near the Navi. Sound comes out from inside the vent.

Originally Posted by dletin
This high-pitch noise is driving me crazy. As soon a i put my foot on the accelerator - here it comes. My wife does not here it, but I can't stand it anymore. I'm taking it to the dealer again. On my first attempt they just told me that they do not here anything.
I have printed all the messages from this forum. I think this time they will have hard time telling me that there is no noise.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 AM
TL62

Not sure if it's just because I am more conscious about it now, but it seems to be a bit more obvious now and becoming more of an annoyance.

With some people hearing it and their spouse not being able to, probably depends on how sensitive your hearing is. I can hear it but the rest of the family doesn't hear it.

So SilverTL has given us the location from which the sound comes from, but short of having a Bose rep coming and replacing all the speakers (seems like just one case), has anyone had luck with a solid, confirmed solution to this issue?! I've read through all 4 pages of this thread, excuse me if someone has already posted a solution.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:11 PM
PeterUbers

are you guys talking about a higher pitched sound from the drivetrain?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:36 AM
dennarda

My guess on the noise would be a leak in the exhaust. For me, the noise happens wether the stereo is on or off as long as I am pressing the gas. Since it happens even when the stereo is turned off, it is not likely the stereo or noise from the alternator which would likely very in pitch with the spin of the alternator. It is more likely to be a leak in the exhaust system causing a whistle, more like the constant noise from a tea kettle once it begins to steam. I imagine the folks that are not hearing it simple do not hear frequencies that high (it is very high, almost dog whistle like).
Old 05-15-2009, 06:53 PM
FlyBar

Not Exhaust Noise

Well at least not in my case

Dealer told me sound goes away if he pulled the alternator out while engine running. In my case this is definitely an electrical issue either ripple/noise comming from power system or electromagnetic interference or both. Not good!

FlyBar
Old 05-18-2009, 02:18 AM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got an auto 09 g37 coupe with premium, sport, and navi. I just noticed this sound and it occurs when the car is in motion like everyone else. Very annoying sound and hoping Infiniti comes out with a fix for this. May take it to dealer soon knowing that they will probably deny hearing it or have no fix.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:20 AM
machinist

Same with mine....I heard the sound once but it's so minor you rarely notice it. I usually drive with music. And even with the sound off, the road noise drowns it out for the most part I think. But when I took it to the dealer, they said they've never heard about this complaint
Old 05-18-2009, 11:28 AM
PeterUbers

I think the only time i'm hearing this noise that you guys are possibly talking about is when i'm in my condominium garage, indoor -- and VERY quiet and i'm slowly driving to the garage door .. I had an Isuzu Rodeo that made a very similar noise when in 4WD mode...

I never hear it again after i drive off.. not annoying at all

Don't get me wrong though -- for those for which this noise is more prevalent or amplified, I can understand how frustrating that is...
Old 05-18-2009, 12:52 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nope, you mean I could of had a turbo?!?!?

Quick Reply: High-Pitch/Frequency Noise Poll.