Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your coupe today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 11:04 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 1,018 Posts
This post shows how the final Q60 Red Sport steering wheel is setup. Everything works as it should except for one (1) button. A standard Q wheel will be "plug-and-play," however, any of the Red Sport, heated, or "tech package" wheels WILL NOT as these have different connectors and require different circuits.

I did not nor will I post a DIY on this swap. It is a very technical, detail-oriented project that requires a lot of attention to detail. Due to the complexity and the systems that are involved there are just too many potential liability issues. I can answer any questions on what I did but that is as far as I go.

Only regret? I wish I had done this swap much sooner...

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 01-16-2024 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:40 PM
vqbreezy
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appreciate the reply i understand that this thread is really old,
I just want to prepare myself for whats to come since i do plan on just going with the base wheel
not get too technical with the heated and tech pkg wheel, though it would be nice.

also does the standard cruise control work properly?

my last concern is that since my oem wheel does come with the power adjusted tilt telescope,
will that still function properly with the wheel swap or is that feature not affected in the swap?

thanks

Old 01-17-2024, 09:44 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 1,018 Posts
No worries. Any standard (ie. "base") Q50/60 wheel that has the standard 8-pin gray connector will be plug-and-play to your existing wheel. The only difference is that the SOURCE button is now the (2018) BACK button. Doesn't affect me as I never use the NAV anyway. Again, look for this connector:

Red Sports and "Tech" wheels will have two (2) entirely different white connectors which will NOT work without modifications.

No issues at all wth the "standard" cruise control. It has NOT been determined if this will work on cars that have the fancy ICC (Intelligent Cruise Control) and I have no way of testing. I have the regular cruise and it works just fine.

ADP (ie. tilt, telescope, etc.) is not affected in any way.

You can find these wheels on eBay and probably some local pull-a-part yards for reasonable prices- eBay has several <$150. Keep in mind you will also need to get a Q50/60 AIRBAG which will be expensive- deals can be found if you're patient and good with searching. The airbag module is also also plug-and-play.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 01-17-2024 at 03:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ILM-NC G37S:
EcstaticG37XS (01-17-2024), Mt Al (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 11:02 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
What I do today? I drove it! LOL
Old 01-24-2024, 04:21 PM
wrkls_
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Invidia Gemini + Fast Intentions HFC

Installed the Invidia Gemini and Fast Intentions HFC.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,430 Posts
^^^ Very nice!
Old 01-25-2024, 07:41 AM
wrkls_
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
^^^ Very nice!
Thanks! Sounds nice.. Aggressive but not obnoxious, loud but not too loud. Nice deep exhaust tone and rumble. 👌🏽
Old 01-25-2024, 09:17 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I can only imaging how good it sounds. Pretty darn good, I suspect.

Looking at your underside... have you ever considered using the lower engine cradle braces from the Vert?

Also in this pic below, notice the custom work on the original bracket that Fast Intentions doesn't support.

Wow, 9 year old pic. But everything has held up over the years.

Old 01-25-2024, 12:54 PM
wrkls_
Registered Member

Looking at your underside... have you ever considered using the lower engine cradle braces from the Vert?

Also in this pic below, notice the custom work on the original bracket that Fast Intentions doesn't support.

Yessir!

Until now, I had no knowledge of these engine cradle braces from the vert. By any chance do you know where I could find these? I’ve been looking into subframe collars along with a diff brace, and would like to add this to.

I see the custom work. Looks great! I have to go back to have something like this done to mine. Thank you for sharing! I hope you don’t mind me saving this picture to use as an example when I do.

9 years? Crazy.. Good to hear though! I hope I can say the same in 9 years.
Old 01-25-2024, 02:13 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by wrkls_
Yessir!

Until now, I had no knowledge of these engine cradle braces from the vert. By any chance do you know where I could find these? I’ve been looking into subframe collars along with a diff brace, and would like to add this to.

I see the custom work. Looks great! I have to go back to have something like this done to mine. Thank you for sharing! I hope you don’t mind me saving this picture to use as an example when I do.

Great, glad I could help.

Here's an old thread on the support bracket for the cats: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...tions-hfc.html

As for the lower braces... those are OEM equipment off the Vert. I bought them 9 years ago from some online store representing a dealership part department. In other words, they were simple OEM parts. I paid $96 for the pair. Probably more expensive these days. Note the AWD car has similar bracing at the same points, but a different design. Whereas the RWD G37 didn't have any. I can't explain either difference.

I got onboard with this idea long ago from this thread here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...g-project.html
Old 01-26-2024, 11:45 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 186 Posts
The braces also come standard on the 370z and the new 23+ Z. You could probably find a used set for a discount.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:53 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by wrkls_
Well anything can happen. Lots of people start with a car that they say they're going to ride it until it dies. Usually that death comes earlier than expected, and rarely convenient. However I started modifying my car when it was still brand new, and haven't really driven it much. My only regret is that I should have started with the Coupe. So you've got that going for you, LOL.
Old 01-27-2024, 05:42 AM
wrkls_
Registered Member

Great, glad I could help.

Here's an old thread on the support bracket for the cats: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...tions-hfc.html

As for the lower braces... those are OEM equipment off the Vert. I bought them 9 years ago from some online store representing a dealership part department. In other words, they were simple OEM parts. I paid $96 for the pair. Probably more expensive these days. Note the AWD car has similar bracing at the same points, but a different design. Whereas the RWD G37 didn't have any. I can't explain either difference.

I got onboard with this idea long ago from this thread here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...g-project.html
Wow, thanks for sharing this! Great info. Yeah, price has definitely changed a lot since. To say the least.. I’ve been looking, and the cheapest I can find so far are ~$50 used to ~$100 new for each. As ^RobC7 stated, the 370z seem to be a little cheaper.
Old 01-27-2024, 05:43 AM
wrkls_
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RobC7
The braces also come standard on the 370z and the new 23+ Z. You could probably find a used set for a discount.
Thanks for letting me know! 🫡
Old 01-29-2024, 12:28 AM
wrkls_
Registered Member

Hey by any chance do you remember the torque specs to the bolts on these engine cradle braces? I was able to find a decent used pair for $50, off of a 13’ 370z.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your coupe today?