Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Infiniti Service SUCKS: new whine noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 02:38 PM
jscho5

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Infiniti Service SUCKS: new whine noise

For anyone who has seen my previous posts. I decided to keep my car and install the FI exhaust I had been waiting forever for. (could be a different thread - it's awesome)

I apologize in advance for this long post/rant....

(this is BEFORE the FI exhaust instillation)

BUT is it me or are the mechanics at Infiniti the biggest IDIOTS known to man kind? I took my car in last week to the service center to get my rear brakes fixed (warped) and get something plugged back in to the door of my car (keyless entry wouldn't work). And I also noticed my headlights were pointed down so I can only see around 90 feet in front of me.

DAY 1

Problem number one: The mechanic tried to convince me my front brakes were warped (newly installed stop tech rotors) and I had to argue with him for 20 minutes telling him they weren't (I was right)

Problem number two: They couldn't figure what was wrong with my lights, but they never attempted to see (read down)

Problem number three: They replaced my battery, which was thankfully under warranty, and for some reason I started to hear a whining noise when accelerating and decelerating that I have never heard before. (I wanted to thank them for installing a supercharger)

Problem number four: They did fix the keyless entry, but they put the door panel on wrong so the window is slightly open and I can hear the wind, PLUS they messed up so bad that my window tints got scratched

DAY 2

Me being pissed off that I spent the whole day at Infiniti and left with more problems that I came with, I went back to get the problems fixed.

I went on a road test with the service manager and told him about the whine and he hears it and he says he will fix it. And he also heard the wind noise from the door they couldn't put on correctly.

Problem number one: They spent the whole day with my car and said they fixed the door (I was very specific about it since I was driving to Los Angeles the next day - I drove from Arizona) As I get on the highway the next day, I immediately hear the whoosh noise in my left ear. I angrily call them up and the guy said "sorry"

Problem number two: So the service manager heard the whining and knew what RPM range it occurred in, but obviously they couldn't replicate the noise when he was driving with a mechanic so that wasn't fixed.

Problem number three: The mechanics got off of their lazy "butts" and adjusted my headlights, but the NEW problem is that they adjusted them too high so it looks like I'm driving with my high beams on (at least I can see)

Has a crappy experience like this happened to any of you? And does anyone know what that damn whine is?
Old 03-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Find another dealer.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:09 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
^^^ This, or turn your own wrench..

Is the whine coming from the speakers or the engine bay? Electronic issues tend to come from the speakers if there's a bad ground.

Did they fix/replace the tint?
Old 03-04-2016, 05:01 PM
jscho5

Originally Posted by Presto
Find another dealer.
Well I would like to, but they're the only dealership within 100 miles...
Old 03-04-2016, 05:02 PM
jscho5

Originally Posted by Kris9884
^^^ This, or turn your own wrench..

Is the whine coming from the speakers or the engine bay? Electronic issues tend to come from the speakers if there's a bad ground.

Did they fix/replace the tint?
The noise is sounds like it is coming from the engine bay and they said they would fix it, but I haven't gone back yet (this was last week) as I am waiting for my patience to come back.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Swole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a new whining noise as well (at certain rpms under hard acceleration), after getting my car back from the dealership. I gave them the car with a leaky roof and then got it back still having a leaky roof, just in another spot, this new whining noise and the throttle hesitation was 10x worse. lol..
Old 03-04-2016, 10:34 PM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Has this ever happened to me? Everytime I took my car in they would fix something and break something else...
It happened at Dodge, Chevrolet, BMW and Mercedes Benz.....every time I took my car in to a stealership it happens, that is why I always do everything myself...I will exhaust all avenues before going in....when I bought this car a month ago I thought maybe Infiniti is different maybe I will take it in and have them do the multi point inspection yada yada....glad you started this thread and reminded me to stay away !
Old 03-19-2016, 08:07 PM
Fester

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like my nightmare at the dealership.. I bought a used car, couple days later I wash the car and water starts coming into the car from the top of the passenger window, I order a part (weatherstripping) to fix it myself as it was a non certified vehicle. The dealership calls me and says the emissions were never done on my car before they sold it to me.. I ask the service guy on the phone if they could install the weatherstripping on the door as a favor since they inconveinenced me by having to bring them the car for the emissions and he agreed. I show up get the emissions done and they install the weatherstripping. I drive the car home with the windows down, I don't check to see if they installed it properly, I goto work that night and notice there's a whine on the passenger side in the window. I call them the next day and make an appt, I drop it off and pick it up the next day. Good news is the no more whining sound on the window. Bad news it still leaks water by the front tweeter.. I haven't went back, I'll just deal with it. And to top it off they left plastic pieces from the door or something on my passenger seat and did not wash my car before they gave it back to me, all their sweat and body grease was on my car from when they were working on it.. lol
Old 03-20-2016, 02:27 PM
Randy Johnson
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow that sucks!!! I too find infiniti service to be severely lacking in customer service and ability. I generally do all my own maintenance but am still under warranty so I take it in when I notice issues. I had a few nagging issues and decided to take the car in to get it checked out. I also had a slight vibration in the front end and asked them to look at that. Tires are about a year old but I could not get the shop that installed them balance them very well. Had them try 3 times. Infiniti re-balanced all for tires, ignored the trans jerking issue, and stuck gas door issue. They came back with a $96 bill for balancing and said I needed front brakes!!! Hahaha brakes are less than a year old. I'll really have to have a serious problem before I ever go back. It's the only infiniti dealer within 40-50 miles of me. I suggest the OP write up a review on yelp warning people of their lousy service.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:33 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
This is horrible I'm sorry to hear about the bad service. I guess I'm lucky I have like 3 infiniti dealers within half hour drive from me
Old 03-20-2016, 06:32 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Damn that sucks. I would try the grounding kit. could fix the jerky trans problem. ( it did on mine)
Old 03-20-2016, 06:38 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
OP - Is this dealership the same place you bought the car? If so, did you buy it new?

I'll follow-up with my experience depending on your answers.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:52 PM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
well from my experience bad service at the dealership results from the dealer being cheap and hiring newbie techs straight out of school with no real world hands on experience. a tech with years of experience will cost the dealer the equivalent of 2-3 newbs they bring on. in addition warranty repair work pays pretty poorly so it gets dispatched to the newbs. this is strictly a numbers game and the bean counters are the one's responsible for your bad service experience.