G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I found my Blue Slate! Questions before buying!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 05:27 PM
SpeedBallDEVIL
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
I found my Blue Slate! Questions before buying!

Hey all,

I'm about a week out from being the new owner of a beautiful blue slate g37xs coupe. I had a few quick questions before I fly out to buy it.

It has 8 months left on the basic warranty from Infiniti. Do you think they will replace the door pull trim on the door panel.

Name:  doorpanel_zpsouywjxfl.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  39.7 KB

Also, maybe its just me but did infiniti offer a package that changed the stitch color for the seats and steering wheel? I've looked at a lot of G's over the past several months and I just thought the stitching in this car looked different.

Name:  stitch_zpscwwva06n.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  50.7 KB

I also noticed the rear muffler/resonator seemed to be rusted pretty badly already. Is this something that I might have a shot at getting replaced under warranty?

Name:  used-2011-infiniti-g37_coupe-2drxawdwsportpremiumnavigation-10169-13296101-11-640_zpsrr.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  52.6 KB

Lastly, the car has Hankook V12's on it, a performance summer tire. Regardless of the fact that this car is AWD, it would be safe to say those tires are useless in the winter time?
Old 02-28-2015, 06:11 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Door panel trim is 100% replaceable under warranty but it depends if the advisor wants to help you. Same goes with your muffler. The hankook isn't useless in winter time but when driving in snow and sub freezing temp won't be fun.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:28 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
I would say the door panel trim is not replaceable under warranty, it was scratched. Don't think the warranty says car components are scratch proof. The rust should be though. Summer tires are summer tires ... rubber compound is for warm weather. I would consider getting all weather tires. Good luck.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:37 PM
11G37S
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Door panel may or may not be replaced depends on dealer but if buying from Infiniti dealer than they should be able to work with you. The mufflers do get a little rusty around the flanges but mine with 35k looked great with only rust on flanges. The tires are summer tires and its almost March so it will warm up soon. Stitching looks normal to me for black interior.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:12 PM
SpeedBallDEVIL
Registered Member

The door panel probably originated as a scratch but it looks like it has peeled since then. I've looked at G's with the trim being worn off from use, so I could see how that would definitely be claimed under warranty. Would be nice to have that covered.

"The items listed below are not covered under
corrosion coverage (perforation from corrosion)
- Exhaust system components"

Looks like that exhaust is not covered :/

I'm moving to Michigan shortly so I will just purchase a set of winter rims and run these in the summer.

Thank you so much for the comments guys, honestly appreciated.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:16 PM
SpeedBallDEVIL
Registered Member

Just out of general curiosity, what do you guys think on price?

2011 G37xs coupe
36,000 miles
1 minor accident reported on carfax to rear end
-----
$23,980 listed a week ago

Think I should throw an offer on the table or just take the deal and run? I think its a pretty great deal, KBB is 24,500-29,000 for dealer price.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:13 PM
mastapro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha I've also been looking at getting a '11 G37xS coupe so I search daily.. I saw this one and I remember ur thread from a few weeks back. I was actually gonna go back and aware you on the deal but I thought you found one already. I think it's a great deal if that minor accident doesn't bother you. I'm looking for a white/black coupe and I hope I can find one within that range..
Old 02-28-2015, 08:24 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Advisors can do a lot of magic with the bumper to bumper basic warranty. The door panel trims are replaceable as I've got mine replaced. Everything is at the discretion of the advisor on how they want to help you write it up and how courteous they want to be.

OP don't look at the corrosion coverage yet because you are still under the basic warranty.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:28 PM
mastapro

wut are these "advisors" you guys are talking about btw? how do they work?
Old 03-01-2015, 02:23 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Why didn't you just post in the original thread you created? Service advisor who works for the dealership.

Door pulls you should be able to get the dealership to replace, if not its a cheap fix. If you're buying a car from the east coast it's probably pretty normal to have rust on exhaust components.

I thought you didn't want a car involved in an accident from your previous thread?
Old 03-01-2015, 02:49 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
This car has pass written all over it for me. The car has an accident, which always makes me skeptical. Those tires in the picture look shot, and they are the second set of tires, at only 36k miles. The car looks as if it was driven hard and put away wet.

On another note, I just noticed the car is in Illinois, not too far from where I live actually. I have no experience or feedback on that dealer though.

PS: The dealer will never replace those scratched door pulls unless you get absurdly lucky. Buying a used car with scratched parts doesn't warrant free repair.

Last edited by Ryne; 03-01-2015 at 03:01 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:25 AM
Broken Arrow

Originally Posted by Ryne
This car has pass written all over it for me. The car has an accident, which always makes me skeptical. Those tires in the picture look shot, and they are the second set of tires, at only 36k miles. The car looks as if it was driven hard and put away wet.

On another note, I just noticed the car is in Illinois, not too far from where I live actually. I have no experience or feedback on that dealer though.

PS: The dealer will never replace those scratched door pulls unless you get absurdly lucky. Buying a used car with scratched parts doesn't warrant free repair.
X2 all around on all the quoted comments. OP seems very focused on getting non-warrantable damages covered under factory warranty, yet relatively unconcerned about the unknown extent of the rear end accident damage, that I would venture to say was significant. Personally, I would pass on both the deal and the car itself. My 2010 has been through four Maryland snow salt winters, and the exhaust looks pristine compared to what I'm seeing on the posted images.

Nuff said. It's not my money, but OP did open the door.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:51 AM
SpeedBallDEVIL
Registered Member

I was looking for a clean CarFAX but this is literally the only blue slate XS coupe for sale in the U.S. Any other sport models I've typically seen priced between $25,000-27,000 which is in the uncomfortable portion of my price range.

This car was involved in a minor accident which I believe was the mark to the left of the passenger side exhaust?? I inquired about the rear end and asked for additional pictures already so I'm certainly not overlooking that. After that incident, the car was not immediately sold and the lease wasn't terminated so I'm figuring the accident was not substantial.

How do the tires look beat though? They have 50% or more tread life according to the dealer and I already asked for specific measurements on those. They looked new to me. Was just disappointed to see summer tires. Being a lease too I'm assuming the previous owner didn't choose when to replace the tires.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:54 AM
SpeedBallDEVIL
Registered Member

Also Ryne, if I paid for your trip would you possibly consider looking at the vehicle for me? I know that's a lot to ask of you but it never hurts to ask...
Old 03-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Varjo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Broken Arrow
X2 all around on all the quoted comments. OP seems very focused on getting non-warrantable damages covered under factory warranty, yet relatively unconcerned about the unknown extent of the rear end accident damage, that I would venture to say was significant. Personally, I would pass on both the deal and the car itself. My 2010 has been through four Maryland snow salt winters, and the exhaust looks pristine compared to what I'm seeing on the posted images.

Nuff said. It's not my money, but OP did open the door.
I agree... pass. It's not that good of a price, given the accident and the signs of less than gentle use, I would be a bit nervous.

Quick Reply: I found my Blue Slate! Questions before buying!