G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Getting 2010 G37 Coupe tomorrow: what I should know ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 09:41 PM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Getting 2010 G37 Coupe tomorrow: what I should know ?

Hello guys,

I sold my long loved acura TL 2004 after driving it for 230,000 miles (bought at 140k). I am very interested in g37 coupe, g37x in particular.

Is there anything i should know before i make this purchase tomorrow ?
I mean, my TL gave me zero mechanical issues. are there any common issues which i should be aware of ? I maintain my car very well, i followed all advises from acurazine to keep my car up and running.
my main requirement is driving fun when i want to play around. not drag racing, engine sound and acceleration \ speed.
some fast input will help. Should i go for g37x or save a couple of thousands and get regular g37 ?

I am considering this car.
This red baby

PS: i live in south florida so no snow here.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Racindaddy

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
No snow so I wouldn't get the X. You don't need awd. My last car was an '03 Acura RSX Type S. I bought it with 4 miles on it, drove it for ten years, and sold it with about 130,000 miles. I bought a used 2010 G37 6mt Sport Coupe. I absolutely love the G. Comfortable, beautiful, reliable. Nuff said.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:46 PM
JoeBro788

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first thing I would advise is to buy from an Infiniti Dealer if you can...they will be a great resource for any future questions, problems, etc.

Why is the car over $7,000 below retail? The red car is giving me a red flag...
Old 02-15-2014, 11:00 PM
4rnr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was looking at that same car last night (online) very nice.
Im also thinking about the AWD but NOT for snow, I will be adding a S/C and don't want wheel spin from the rear wheel drive, Id rather have the AWD for the traction.

as far as it being $7K less, Ive been researching this dealer for sometime, they are legit. When they have the exact car I want, I will buy from them, and save about $8K from what prices are here in Denver, that's a nice start for the S/C fund lol

OP, good luck, if you get it, post pix and rate your experience wit hthe dealership.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:03 PM
EnYcee-G
Registered Member

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by main_shoby
Hello guys,

I sold my long loved acura TL 2004 after driving it for 230,000 miles (bought at 140k). I am very interested in g37 coupe, g37x in particular.

Is there anything i should know before i make this purchase tomorrow ?
I mean, my TL gave me zero mechanical issues. are there any common issues which i should be aware of ? I maintain my car very well, i followed all advises from acurazine to keep my car up and running.
my main requirement is driving fun when i want to play around. not drag racing, engine sound and acceleration \ speed.
some fast input will help. Should i go for g37x or save a couple of thousands and get regular g37 ?

I am considering this car.
This red baby

PS: i live in south florida so no snow here.
i live in NYC and its snowed probably over 3ft of snow over the last 4-6 weeks, i also drive an X coupe; but really wished i bought an S! since you live in FL just get an S. theres also more options to mod it, if your into that; correction: when you (and you will) get into that.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:13 PM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4rnr
I was looking at that same car last night (online) very nice.
Im also thinking about the AWD but NOT for snow, I will be adding a S/C and don't want wheel spin from the rear wheel drive, Id rather have the AWD for the traction.

as far as it being $7K less, Ive been researching this dealer for sometime, they are legit. When they have the exact car I want, I will buy from them, and save about $8K from what prices are here in Denver, that's a nice start for the S/C fund lol

OP, good luck, if you get it, post pix and rate your experience wit hthe dealership.

i personally saw this car today, before posting here. it was getting dark so I opt to purchase sunday morning. this car has really clean carfax nothing reported, I will have to inspect it myself.
Car is really really clean, interior doesn't show much signs of wear etc.
This is a non-S version and awd version are about a 1000 more expensive. not that i care about 1000$ when spending 21k lol, if its worth getting it, i will.
my main mission is to get more driving fun.
another question: G37 are on timing chain?
Old 02-15-2014, 11:42 PM
EnYcee-G
Registered Member

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts
Yes they are fun to drive. How about you test drive it on Sunday and push it. Haha. And yes on timing chains
Old 02-16-2014, 12:10 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 559 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by main_shoby
i personally saw this car today, before posting here. it was getting dark so I opt to purchase sunday morning. this car has really clean carfax nothing reported, I will have to inspect it myself.
Car is really really clean, interior doesn't show much signs of wear etc.
This is a non-S version and awd version are about a 1000 more expensive. not that i care about 1000$ when spending 21k lol, if its worth getting it, i will.
my main mission is to get more driving fun.
another question: G37 are on timing chain?
I would look at the interior a little more. There seems to be a LOT of wear for 30k miles. I always look at the interior of the car as a sign of how well it was maintained and cared for. Here are some of the pictures that I base this opinion from:

Heavy scratching on all of the aluminum trim
Name:  7ee7aa716dc84450a08a3dae3785fc7f_zpse66b0b4d.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  74.4 KB

The seat has severe creasing/wear and appears to possibly be torn/starting to tear.
Name:  0ccafa447c8e474abec439972d5190d9_zps9ec8c19c.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  67.1 KB

What appears to be a deep scratch on the leather arm rest.
Name:  bf5a5bb366f440398e95bec01667e9d5_zps57cea90d.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  72.3 KB

Wouldn't be a deal breaker for some, but it would be for me.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:01 AM
Kuro
Registered Member

Received 183 Likes on 162 Posts
Bring mechanic with you let him inspect the car before you buy it. Offleaseonly always has a good price but most of the cars had an accident before. My gf got her car from offleaseonly in wpb only 4,000 miles when she bought it.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:08 AM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
The seats wear really quick. Expecially if you are over 120lb. Lol.

I have an xS and love it. All the options an S has and the awd. I also have the s/c and there can still be some good wheel spin I tell you.
The following users liked this post:
4rnr (02-16-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 01:13 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 559 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by SPDCRZ
The seats wear really quick. Expecially if you are over 120lb. Lol.

I have an xS and love it. All the options an S has and the awd. I also have the s/c and there can still be some good wheel spin I tell you.
The seats wear, I agree. The above posted pictures do not exhibit 30k miles of "normal" wear, even the seats. I cringe when I look at that aluminum trim, I don't even understand how it could get that bad if you cared about your car at all. A couple nicks/scratches, thats understandable... thats just not normal wear.

Name:  b4b3436f28694106aa2517eed1fb1243_zps88752f6c.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  74.5 KB
Old 02-16-2014, 01:40 AM
SPDCRZ

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryne
The seats wear, I agree. The above posted pictures do not exhibit 30k miles of "normal" wear, even the seats. I cringe when I look at that aluminum trim, I don't even understand how it could get that bad if you cared about your car at all. A couple nicks/scratches, thats understandable... thats just not normal wear.

Sorry was looking at it on my iphone. I could not tell there was scratching on the trim at all.

could mean the person who drove it was a big guy who has sharp zippers all over his clothes haha. Would explain most of those scratches. But think of it this way. To buy new trim costs almost nothing. You can find it online for super cheap.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:46 AM
main_shoby
Registered Member

I would look at the interior a little more. There seems to be a LOT of wear for 30k miles. I always look at the interior of the car as a sign of how well it was maintained and cared for. Here are some of the pictures that I base this opinion from:

The seat has severe creasing/wear and appears to possibly be torn/starting to tear.

Wouldn't be a deal breaker for some, but it would be for me.
thanks for the analysis
I will go and see other options. thing is, this is the only coupe which has one owner no accident / problem carfax. Others cars have atleast one carfax issue.
I thought clean carfax + one owner + low milage shouldn't have less risk of issues ? Ofcourse I will try my best to inspect the car, what kind of problems i should keep an eye on while inspecting ?

thanks
Old 02-16-2014, 09:47 AM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SPDCRZ
Sorry was looking at it on my iphone. I could not tell there was scratching on the trim at all.

could mean the person who drove it was a big guy who has sharp zippers all over his clothes haha. Would explain most of those scratches. But think of it this way. To buy new trim costs almost nothing. You can find it online for super cheap.
Unlike acura TL's trim, they cost 185$ each for that piece of plastic.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts

Thats an awful lot of scratching. It looks like somebody took a grinder to the trim a bit.
That owner was pretty rough in that car. The center of the drivers seat looks torn or has a streak of paint through it. I really wonder how that all happened.

Quick Reply: Getting 2010 G37 Coupe tomorrow: what I should know ?