G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Lease is over in 2 months :( Want your opinons..

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 11:19 PM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lease is over in 2 months :( Want your opinons..

So I have owned a Black G37s coupe for a little over 3 years now and our days together are quickly coming to an end. The G37s has been a great car to me. Never a single mechanical problem. It looks, sounds, and performs great. Only 2 problems with the car: 1) The trunk is extremely small 2) Black was the color I absolutely did not want and I get extremely jealous every time I see a white one drive by, but its all they had with NAV at the time so I took it.

I have been killing myself thinking about what car to get next and when I start looking at other vehicles in my price range, I am just not satisfied with them. I discussed getting another G37s coupe (White this time) with my friends, and they all are telling me that its stupid to get the same car twice and that I am going to get bored with it. The only other car I can see myself in right now is this new VW GOLF R (280hp 4wd 6 speed), but my last car was a VW and I had nothing but problems so I am really scared to go back down that road.. Also they car is alot cheaper (sticker price), but leases around the same price I pay for my G because it is a special edition..

What do you think I should do? Is anyone reading this on their second G yet?
Old 02-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Personally I love the G. Remember it's in a class with the type of car you don't get bored with. With the money I've invested in mods, I'd love to continue building after my lease is up. I have white now, but I think a nice matte black wrap is in order a few years from now.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:38 PM
XMMAN

you had to rub it in that you have white..right? LOL you know that feeling you get when your out with your girl and a really hot girl walks by? Thats what happens when I see a white G lol
Old 02-12-2012, 11:44 PM
BlueOut
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say get a G and buy a few thing or it and have fun..just guy white this time
Old 02-12-2012, 11:49 PM
XMMAN

oh yea.. I have a eibach prokit and stillen intake I bought for the car a month after owning it but never ended up putting it on.. I guess I could do it to my next one if I get another G
Old 02-13-2012, 03:10 AM
Mysticalism

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XMMAN
So I have owned a Black G37s coupe for a little over 3 years now and our days together are quickly coming to an end. The G37s has been a great car to me. Never a single mechanical problem. It looks, sounds, and performs great. Only 2 problems with the car: 1) The trunk is extremely small 2) Black was the color I absolutely did not want and I get extremely jealous every time I see a white one drive by, but its all they had with NAV at the time so I took it.

I have been killing myself thinking about what car to get next and when I start looking at other vehicles in my price range, I am just not satisfied with them. I discussed getting another G37s coupe (White this time) with my friends, and they all are telling me that its stupid to get the same car twice and that I am going to get bored with it. The only other car I can see myself in right now is this new VW GOLF R (280hp 4wd 6 speed), but my last car was a VW and I had nothing but problems so I am really scared to go back down that road.. Also they car is alot cheaper (sticker price), but leases around the same price I pay for my G because it is a special edition..

theres a difference in driving between 2008 G and 2012 G. Lots of things had changed that i hoped my car had it (auto wiper). TBH if I were you, i get a beater for a year, then when the new generation G comes out in 2013, get ur hands on that!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:46 AM
MoonliteMadness

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by XMMAN

I posted last week that I took advantage of Infiniti's current pull-ahead program and leased another G Coupe. I got Moonlight White with Graphite interior and the aluminum trim - nice combination. It has the Premium Package, Sport Package, Navigation and a bunch of accessories. I considered other cars in its class, but compared to its German rivals, the G is a tremendous value. I agree the trunk space sucks, but as others on this forum have said, people don't buy this car for its trunk space.

At any rate, the lease deal I got was just too good to pass up. Needless to say, I have a G Coupe for another 39 months and have no regrets. The love affair has started all over again! By the way, I wasn't too concerned about the 39-month lease term because a redesigned G Coupe is not scheduled until the 2014 model year.

Lastly, if you go with Moonlight White or even Liquid Platium, it will change things up a bit for you. Plus, the navigation system is improved and there are a few other minor tweaks, like the redesigned lower front bumper with integrated fog lights - it's very attractive on the Sport Package. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Last edited by MoonliteMadness; 02-13-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:53 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
For the price, I believe there really isn't a better deal. The BMW 335 is the only thing that comes close but I'd rather have an M3.

What are your opinions on the 370z? That car looks very fun to drive.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:00 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im on my second G.....and definitely not regretting it.

yes its true, kinda lame to be going back into another lease with the SAME car. for me i was switching from a sedan to coupe.

but dont worry about what other ppl say, they arent driving it....you are. if you love the car that much, then do it
Old 02-13-2012, 12:23 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Get an IPL! and mod it.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is anyone reading this on their second G yet?

First was a '10 Black Journey S coupe, Prem, Nav, KP. A knuckle head ran into me and killed it. I shopped for a couple months, but didn't find anything that I liked as much as the G (exterior, interior, tech, exhaust note, etc.). I ended up in an '11 Journey S coupe, identical to the first in options, only I got it in white.

That being said, first was a purchase, second a short lease. I had purchased the first one and planned on keeping it ~4-6 years. After 9 months seat time in the '10, I was already feeling a little bored. The second one is a 24 month lease.

I still have 9 months left, but I'm trading it it soon.

Last edited by Vasher; 02-13-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:43 PM
DjFromVA

i would test drive this VW your consider buying first. But you could always get a beater , or get a new model in the exact color and options you want. its up to u! GL
Old 02-13-2012, 05:35 PM
DashKid
Banned

Well I like my G to but I think during the summer once the new Audi S5 comes out I will be changing over to that simply because the fact that the G feels so cheap for a 40k car. I don't like the interior being made out of to much plastic. I don't want a bmw excluding the M3 (cause of danny if your seeing this) because they are very unreliable with heavy mods.

Also, this relies on personal preference. I know a member of this forum a while back traded his G in for a Evo X and he loves it and a fellow forum member here who got a used M3 and he is loving that to. So it all matters on personal preference. Me on the other hand am getting the Audi S5 during the summer.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:08 PM
MoonliteMadness

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
Well I like my G to but I think during the summer once the new Audi S5 comes out I will be changing over to that simply because the fact that the G feels so cheap for a 40k car. I don't like the interior being made out of to much plastic. I don't want a bmw excluding the M3 (cause of danny if your seeing this) because they are very unreliable with heavy mods.

Also, this relies on personal preference. I know a member of this forum a while back traded his G in for a Evo X and he loves it and a fellow forum member here who got a used M3 and he is loving that to. So it all matters on personal preference. Me on the other hand am getting the Audi S5 during the summer.
I totally agree with you on the Audi S5. It's a stunning car and one of my all-time favorites. You mention that the G feels cheap for a $40,000 car. Considering a well-equipped Audi S5 costs $65,000 ($16,000 or 33% more than my well-equipped 2012 G Coupe) I would hope it has a more expensive feel to it. I'm sure if Infiniti built a $65,000 G Coupe it would be a substantial improvement over the current G. But as they say, you get what you pay for.

Last edited by MoonliteMadness; 02-13-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
DashKid
Banned

Originally Posted by MoonliteMadness
I totally agree with you on the Audi S5. It's a stunning car and one of my all-time favorites. You mention that the G feels cheap for a $40,000 car. Considering a well-equipped Audi S5 costs $65,000 ($16,000 or 33% more than my well-equipped 2012 G Coupe) I would hope it has a more expensive feel to it. I'm sure if Infiniti built a $65,000 G Coupe it would be a substantial improvement over the current G. But as they say, you get what you pay for.
Yes you are correct but if you look at the bmw 1 series, audi a5, audi tt. The interiors are built rock solid. My friend has had her bmw 330i for almost 6 years and not a single rattle yet. Some couple of oil leaks here and there but no rattle or interior falling apart.