G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dealership Declined me Extended Warranty Cus Mods

Old 02-03-2012, 11:56 AM
tbone12

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dealership Declined me Extended Warranty Cus Mods

Hey guys, Like the title says, I tried getting an extended warranty plan but the dealership declined me because of my modifications. Whats the best way to get around this, because my warranty ends this march. Should I take the car back to stock or try buying it online?

Thanks
Old 02-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Weiboy718

To be honest. I think the extended warranty only covers the drivetrain, tranny and rear end. I have the extended warranty and my dealer told me those are the only things that will be covered under that program. It may not be true for everywhere though
Old 02-03-2012, 12:08 PM
tbone12

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
To be honest. I think the extended warranty only covers the drivetrain, tranny and rear end. I have the extended warranty and my dealer told me those are the only things that will be covered under that program. It may not be true for everywhere though
oh ok, I didn't know that, so you have the Elite Extended Protection Plan or what ever they call it
Old 02-03-2012, 12:09 PM
GET_SOME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
chances are depending how they operate going back to stock wont help because they will keep a record of why you where denied the first time. my advise is simply find another dealership.. what mods do you have that would cause them to deny the warranty?
Old 02-03-2012, 12:11 PM
GET_SOME

and if you are still under the factory warranty you can buy it online or over the phone without an inspection. there is a huge thread about the elite warranty on g35driver. go over there and check it out
Old 02-03-2012, 12:13 PM
tbone12

Originally Posted by G37_SOME
chances are depending how they operate going back to stock wont help because they will keep a record of why you where denied the first time. my advise is simply find another dealership.. what mods do you have that would cause them to deny the warranty?
Yea I may have to try another dealership, but Im worried that another dealership could pull up a file on my car and see that it has been declined for extended warranty. Do y'all think thats possible?

and I guess it was because of my intake/exhaust/springs
Old 02-03-2012, 12:19 PM
tbone12

Originally Posted by G37_SOME
and if you are still under the factory warranty you can buy it online or over the phone without an inspection. there is a huge thread about the elite warranty on g35driver. go over there and check it out
OK thanks for the info, I still have the factory warranty so hopefully I can buy it over the phone with out a problem
Old 02-03-2012, 12:23 PM
anomalocaris

Cool

You do not have to get a warranty from Infiniti. In fact, you can probably get a more comprehensive warranty for less by shopping around for non-car maker vendors. Car manufacturers charge a premium for extended warrantys, just like they do for OEM parts. Shop around for another warranty vendor.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:27 PM
tbone12

Originally Posted by anomalocaris
You do not have to get a warranty from Infiniti. In fact, you can probably get a more comprehensive warranty for less by shopping around for non-car maker vendors. Car manufacturers charge a premium for extended warrantys, just like they do for OEM parts. Shop around for another warranty vendor.

I didn't know that existed, so the dealership would still have to honor the claims like they would if I had bought the warranty from them?
Old 02-03-2012, 12:36 PM
GET_SOME

i currently work for one of those non manufacture warrantys and will tell you they will try to find anyway out of paying for a repair. go with the elite wrap warranty and you will be happy
Old 02-03-2012, 12:43 PM
blueninjabron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to another warranty company and my engine blew after only 80,000k. I followed maintenance and only missed one oil change by a few hundred K. They denied the warranty. PEOPLE, listen to me and listen to me close. NEVER and I MEAN NEVER go to another warranty company besides the dealer. They will play for very small things but when you have a major issue, you will always have to take them to court to get any money.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:51 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The elite extended warranty covers a lot of things including electronics in the car. It doesn't include everything like the standard warranty, but you can see a full list here: Infiniti Elite Plan Information
Old 02-03-2012, 12:55 PM
cmd photography

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tbone12
Yea I may have to try another dealership, but Im worried that another dealership could pull up a file on my car and see that it has been declined for extended warranty. Do y'all think thats possible?

and I guess it was because of my intake/exhaust/springs
I have the elite extended warranty plan also and if you read the disclaimer, it tells you what it does not cover. I Believe the reason why was because of your intake mod. Extended warranty does not cover the exhaust. I talked to a Head tech at my infiniti and i asked him in regards to modding, he said you can change the exhaust as long as you dont go all out like headers, intake and such because it will void the warranty on engine.

The elite extended warranty covers everything except for: paint, exhaust, carpet, glass, upholstery, soft trim, weatherstripping, battery, clutch disc(manual transmission), tires, disc brake rotors, squeaks, rattles, water leaks and normal wind noise.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:00 PM
anomalocaris

Cool

...NEVER and I MEAN NEVER go to another warranty company besides the dealer. They will play for very small things but when you have a major issue, you will always have to take them to court to get any money.
Balderdash. You need to read this - then tell us about how wonderful the Nissan extended warranty is. Don't fall for the hype.

Why You Need a 3rd-Party Extended Warranty on your Nissan or Infiniti

Old 03-11-2012, 11:02 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by tbone12
Hey guys, Like the title says, I tried getting an extended warranty plan but the dealership declined me because of my modifications. Whats the best way to get around this, because my warranty ends this march. Should I take the car back to stock or try buying it online?

Thanks
My salesman complimented my mods, when I returned to buy an extended warranty!!

Why would the dealership decline you, it's cash in their pocket, and can then deny you warranty work (Related to the mods) when you bring it in for repair.

There's something else not revealed here!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealership Declined me Extended Warranty Cus Mods