G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Time to say goodbye to my G37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Trincap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's one of the best looking coupes on the road in my opinion. They flaked a bit on the engine and the electronics could be better but that's a damn fine car. I've got the R8 V10 and it works almost too well. You will really enjoy the A5.

Last edited by Trincap; 06-30-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:24 AM
koa789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trincap
It's one of the best looking coupes on the road in my opinion. They flaked a bit on the engine and the electronics could be better but that's a damn fine car. I've got the R8 V10 and it works almost too well. You will really enjoy the A5.
Son of a.....lol I'm green with envy. I've seen pictures of your other cars. You have great taste.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:13 AM
v.b

that a5 needs to be lowered asap!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:48 AM
Breitling65

Originally Posted by MSCA
First of all, it's "nonsense", not "non-sense". LOL

Secondly, yes....it feels more powerful because it makes more torque at a lower RPM. I didn't say the car was faster, I just said it "feels just as powerful (or even more powerful)" than the G37. I've owned both vehicles...and I'm guessing that you haven't. So lets just say I'm more qualified to speak on this than you. I'll leave it at that for now.

Again, I own cars with same engine as your A, they are called VW. LOL. Engine is underpowered for this big car, who cares what you feel.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:26 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by Breitling65
Again, I own cars with same engine as your A, they are called VW. LOL. Engine is underpowered for this big car, who cares what you feel.
The 2.0T in a VW makes significantly less torque than the same engine in the A5. Sorry, but you don't have any clue until you actually drive something other than a VW.

Either way, it doesn't matter to me because my A5 is more than fast enough for me. If I ever decided that I want more power, I can simply chip it (which raises the boost pressure) and if that's not good enough, I can swap the KO3 for a KO4. See, adding power to a turbo car is a piece of cake. But you know what? I doubt I'll ever mod it at all because like I said it is more than fast enough for me already. I didn't drag race my G37 and I'm not going to drag race my A5 either. LOL
Old 06-30-2011, 07:32 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by v.b
that a5 needs to be lowered asap!
The third picture does make it look like it is sitting a bit high...but it actually sits very nicely for a stock suspension. I'd never drop it at all though.

I think this picture gives a better look at how the car sits:

Old 06-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Breitling65

Originally Posted by MSCA
The 2.0T in a VW makes significantly less torque than the same engine in the A5. Sorry, but you don't have any clue until you actually drive something other than a VW.

Either way, it doesn't matter to me because my A5 is more than fast enough for me. If I ever decided that I want more power, I can simply chip it (which raises the boost pressure) and if that's not good enough, I can swap the KO3 for a KO4. See, adding power to a turbo car is a piece of cake. But you know what? I doubt I'll ever mod it at all because like I said it is more than fast enough for me already. I didn't drag race my G37 and I'm not going to drag race my A5 either. LOL
First it is still less torque than G, second Golf weight is much less than A5 and it makes Golf even faster than this pretty cow A5.
You are not going for drag race, right but why are you not going for Audi forum? You said I am out 10 times already...
Old 06-30-2011, 08:05 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by Breitling65
First it is still less torque than G, second Golf weight is much less than A5 and it makes Golf even faster than this pretty cow A5.
You are not going for drag race, right but why are you not going for Audi forum? You said I am out 10 times already...
LOL, you're absolutely clueless.

BTW, I am on the Audi forums. I'm also still a member here. Don't let that bother you, m'kay?

And I didn't say I'm out 10 times already. Not even close. Now go read your comic books or ride your skateboard, junior.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:59 AM
G35sportsedan

Nice car, that's a cool place to take pics of a car is that a park?
Old 06-30-2011, 09:08 AM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jesus you still here? Bottom-line is that the 2.0T is a weak engine for such car. You're not fooling everyone by describing it as a torque monster. A Jetta TDI is a little torque monster but in the end it's also a very slow car.

Yes the GTI makes less torque than the 2.0T on the A5, but the GTI weights about 600 pounds less so it doesn't need those extra ftlbs of torque. Truth is in the pudding since both cars run nearly identical 1/4 mile times at 14.9 to 15.1 @ 95 mph at best (lol).

So no I haven't driven the A5 but considering that both cars are equally slow then I'm pretty sure te A5 must feel just like the GTI I drove which was nothing special other than the nice torque rush when the turbo kicked in. Those extra 40 or so ft lbs mean nothing when they're hauling an extra 600 lbs.

But hey you're happy with your underpowered A5 and that's what matters. I just don't consider it an upgrade IMO. Car is sexy but seriously underpowered.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:32 AM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i test drove the A5 when car shopping. Loved the look but was really underwhelmed by engine. Now if I couldve afforded the S5 that wouldve been another story lol.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Alto101
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Each person wants something different from their car so OP good luck with your new Audi. Personally, I think the G37 looks so much better and outperforms the Audi so I would have stuck with the G37.

Good luck!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by G35sportsedan
Nice car, that's a cool place to take pics of a car is that a park?
That's the courtyard of my workplace.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:23 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Jesus you still here?
I'm not Jesus...I'm just a mere mortal.

Bottom-line is that the 2.0T is a weak engine for such car. You're not fooling everyone by describing it as a torque monster. A Jetta TDI is a little torque monster but in the end it's also a very slow car.
You've never even driven one, so your opinion is meaningless. Your only comparison is that you've driven a VW. Sorry, but it's a different driving experience. BTW, a Jetta TDI doesn't compare to an A5 at all.

I'll say it one more time since you seem to have missed it--the A5 is more than fast enough for me. If someone else likes the car, but it's not fast enough for them, they have two good options: 1-Buy an S5. Same car, with a V8 engine and will run away from a G37. Yes, it's more money, but still...it's a faster car. 2- Chip the A5. Then you'll be right with the G37 in acceleration. Want to go even faster? Swap the KO3 for a KO4.

Obviosly if power/acceleration were an issue for me, I would either gone with option 1 or option 2.

Ironically, I never thought my G37 was a fast car. Like the Audi, it's a decently powered car that has more than enough performance to drive nicely on any road. The boy racers can argue about tenths of a second all day long and I'll just sit back and smile. Seriously, some people really need to grow up already...

Last edited by MSCA; 06-30-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:33 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
... I just don't consider it an upgrade IMO...
LOL, I just read in another thread that you're 35 years old and you drive a Civic.

Just about anything should be an upgrade to you. Seriously, time to dump the teenagers car...

Quick Reply: Time to say goodbye to my G37 coupe