Sponsored By:

Time to say goodbye to my G37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 AM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Breitling65
Serious people wouldn’t post about A5 that it FEELS MORE IN POWER than G. It reminds me commercial type article that Hammer in certain conditions!!!! takes less gas than Smart LOL
My Audi makes more torque at lower RPM than my G37 did. So yes, the Audi feels more powerful than the G37. The G37 needs to be revved a lot higher before it feels like it's as powerful as the A5. I'm not sure why that's so hard for you to understand.

The Audi engine makes maximum torque at just 1500 RPM and continues to hold that that maximum all the way up to 4200 RPM. That's why it feels the way it does.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:31 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
Maybe to you a stock fox mustang is still fun to drive with its 220 hp V8 and suspension from the stone age. Not to me. I would need at least 50 hp over stock to be consider it fun. Maybe if I haven't driven anything better but unfortunately I have.
Wow, you just confirmed that you really don't get it at all. First, forget the suspension. My discussion was based 100% on the engine, not on braking/suspension/technology or anything else. What I'm saying is that a car that runs high 14's in 1990 is still just as much fun to drive today. That's because nothing has changed except for OTHER cars on the road. So if you're racing those other cars, sure, that high 14's second car might not be as much fun as it was back in 1990. But if you're not racing other cars, that high 14 second car is exactly as fun as it has been all along.

Now it's you who is missing the point. The yardstick in 2011 is much bigger than in 1990.
Yard stick? LOL, you really do need to grow up. There's no imaginary yard stick. Buy/own/drive any car you like. If everyone thought like you, they'd be driving the fastest car they could afford.

I don't expect my car to be faster than anything on the road. But god damn if I'm gonna spend $40k+ on a car I would not settle for something that has a little 4 banger pumping an anemic 211 hp. Not for 40 grand, no way in hell. I would certainly save the few thousand more for the high performance one.
I paid $47K cash out the door for my A5, no loans, no lease. And guess what? Yup, I think it was well worth it. If I had wanted an S5, I wouldn't have blinked at paying cash for it either. It has nothing to do with saving up money. I bought the car I wanted, simple as that. I still find it ironic that your daily driver is a Civic and you talk so much **** in this thread.

Again you're happy with your A5 and that's great. Just don't expect everyone here to be impressed, even if it has much more torque than the G at low rpm's, because at the end of the day, it is still a 40k+ car with an underpowered engine.
Where did you get the idea that I'm trying to impress anyone here? LOL, I'm not. I'm also not looking for approval. You seriously need to get your head out of your ***.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:36 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by shumby
yet you type this? Seems you just like to try to get the last word even when you know you are wrong and have traded down to a lesser car. Must have scared you with the extra power the G has. I say next get the leaf I hear it can get up to 95mi/hr.
No, if he wants to have an intelligent discussion, then I'll be more than happy to respond. If he posts nothing but drivel, I have nothing to say.

Yeah, I traded down from an Infiniti to an Audi.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:14 AM
dopetime

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hahah. mr. flintstone would drive the cube.

If you think a high 14's car was just as much fun to drive today it was than before YOU are clearly the one who doesn't get it. lol. wasn't going to say anything till i saw that.
Completely different because standards have changed along with expectations.
According to your thinking, you must use a old, big *** computer running on DSL or worse because what was considered fast then and should still be today!! am i right?!?!?
Old 07-04-2011, 09:20 AM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The A5 to get has already passed. 2009 A5 S-Line 3.2L 6MT in black with gunmetal wheels. Fuel economy be damned, that V6 sounded so good.

I'd have a hard time buying an A5 this late into the generation. The redesign is imminent within the next 12-18 months. Nice cars, but never cared for the Turbo4 in a car that size.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:53 PM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope you are liking the car =).
Old 07-04-2011, 06:30 PM
NYCMaxima

I dont understand why everyones giving this guy so much grief, Its his money, and his driving experience, and hes obviously getting what he wants with his A5. I hope ur enjoying you car man !!!
Old 07-04-2011, 06:37 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MSCA
No, if he wants to have an intelligent discussion, then I'll be more than happy to respond. If he posts nothing but drivel, I have nothing to say.

Yeah, I traded down from an Infiniti to an Audi.

And yet here again you are posting drivel about it. Try to follow your own advise.

Well at least you finally admitted you traded down to the audi
Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 PM
1NEETO

Originally Posted by MSCA
Wow, you just confirmed that you really don't get it at all. First, forget the suspension. My discussion was based 100% on the engine, not on braking/suspension/technology or anything else. What I'm saying is that a car that runs high 14's in 1990 is still just as much fun to drive today. That's because nothing has changed except for OTHER cars on the road. So if you're racing those other cars, sure, that high 14's second car might not be as much fun as it was back in 1990. But if you're not racing other cars, that high 14 second car is exactly as fun as it has been all along.
This is fun. No pal, you're the one that's not getting it. Forget the suspension? Maybe you can but I can't since to me power + handling = fun.

When I was in high school I thought that the fox mustang and FC RX-7 were the fastest things out there. I drove both and they were lots of fun. That was then, but now you give me a stock 5.0 and a stock FC and I'll probably fall asleep behind the wheel. A Ford Model T was probably lots of fun back in 1910, does that mean they're just as much fun now? Like I said, as the yardstick gets bigger, expectations rise, and what was fun back then won't be as much fun now. But fun is relative and changes from person to person, but to me a high 14 sec car is nowhere near as much fun or fun at all now. It was in the 90's but not anymore.

Yard stick? LOL, you really do need to grow up. There's no imaginary yard stick. Buy/own/drive any car you like. If everyone thought like you, they'd be driving the fastest car they could afford.
Um yes there is. There's a reason why a camry now does mid 14's today compared to mid 17's ten or so years ago. Times change, cars get faster, handle better, stop better, get better gas mileage, and are safer. All because that proverbial yardstick gets bigger and bigger.

I paid $47K cash out the door for my A5, no loans, no lease. And guess what? Yup, I think it was well worth it. If I had wanted an S5, I wouldn't have blinked at paying cash for it either. It has nothing to do with saving up money. I bought the car I wanted, simple as that. I still find it ironic that your daily driver is a Civic and you talk so much **** in this thread.
I don't see what's relevant about you mentioning that you paid cash for it. You paid 47k for your car and if you think that's money well spent then good for you. I personally would not have paid that kind of money unless it had a more powerful engine.

And again you rag on my civic? My civic is what it is and I treat it as such, no fart cans, no rims, no coilovers, I just put gas in it and change the oil every 5000 miles. Just because I have a nice car doesn't mean I have to drive it everywhere. A DD beater is always nice to have.

Where did you get the idea that I'm trying to impress anyone here? LOL, I'm not. I'm also not looking for approval. You seriously need to get your head out of your ***.
Yeah this thread has nothing to do with trying to impress the G37 community with your new A5, nor is you mentioning you paid $47k cash for your A5. Sure pal.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Doggy

Ok can we STOP the arguing please op congrats on the car, hope you enjoy it. I should make an official **** talking thread and we can all argue in there lol
Old 07-04-2011, 07:08 PM
shumby

Quote:

hmmm. seeing you can get a audi lown right now for 1.9% or under you show that you are not money wise. Hell a GIC will net you atleast 3%. So paying cash out the door showes you have no idea how to handle money. As well as your feeling of a fun car being all back asswards
Old 07-04-2011, 07:09 PM
shumby

Originally Posted by Doggy
Ok can we STOP the arguing please op congrats on the car, hope you enjoy it. I should make an official **** talking thread and we can all argue in there lol

Thats called the useless thread. lol

This one needs to be merged with it lol
Old 07-04-2011, 07:09 PM
koa789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
This is fun. No pal, you're the one that's not getting it. Forget the suspension? Maybe you can but I can't since to me power + handling = fun.

When I was in high school I thought that the fox mustang and FC RX-7 were the fastest things out there. I drove both and they were lots of fun. That was then, but now you give me a stock 5.0 and a stock FC and I'll probably fall asleep behind the wheel. A Ford Model T was probably lots of fun back in 1910, does that mean they're just as much fun now? Like I said, as the yardstick gets bigger, expectations rise, and what was fun back then won't be as much fun now. But fun is relative and changes from person to person, but to me a high 14 sec car is nowhere near as much fun or fun at all now. It was in the 90's but not anymore.
So you think your high 13 second car is so superior to his high 14 second car? lol

hmmm. seeing you can get a audi lown right now for 1.9% or under you show that you are not money wise. Hell a GIC will net you atleast 3%. So paying cash out the door showes you have no idea how to handle money. As well as your feeling of a fun car being all back asswards
lol now you're giving money advice? lol awesome.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:12 PM
1NEETO

Quote:

And here I was getting ready to read about cats and dogs.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:15 PM
shumby

^^^ lol i don't screw around when it comes to people being silly with money

Quick Reply: Time to say goodbye to my G37 coupe