Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Time to say goodbye to my G37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 07:17 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by koa789
So you think your high 13 second car is so superior to his high 14 second car? lol

lol now you're giving money advice? lol awesome.

the answer to each question is yes. Not sure why you had to ask the post are pretty clear in what they are stating
Old 07-04-2011, 07:22 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So you think your high 13 second car is so superior to his high 14 second car? lol

lol now you're giving money advice? lol awesome.
Why wouldn't be? Because his has an Audi badge and mine is a glorified Nissan?

I mentioned before that I think the A5 is gorgeous, my ONLY gripe about that car is is the little 4 banger pumping 211 hp to move a 3600+ pound car. IMO I think if Audi is gonna offer the default VW engine on such car, then they should price it for much less. I'd pay $37k, maybe even $40k for that A5, not $47k+ considering the options at that price range.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:26 PM
shumby

my dog went for a swim today
Old 07-04-2011, 07:26 PM
koa789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shumby
the answer to each question is yes. Not sure why you had to ask the post are pretty clear in what they are stating
Well the superiority of X car to Y car is just one man's opinion, really doesn't mean ****. Is my 12 second car better than your 13 second car? Depends on who you ask, and depending on what your definition of "better" is.

And you assuming someone's financial situation over the internet, and then judging their purchasing decision is just stupid. If this guy has enough money to pay 50k in cash for a car, I'm sure he doesn't give two ****s about making a few thousand dollars in five or six years time. And if he's got 50k in cash laying around, he must be doing something right, because I guarantee you he's better off than 90% of the members on this forum.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:39 PM
shumby

well the superiority of x car to y car is just one man's opinion, really doesn't mean ****. Is my 12 second car better than your 13 second car? Depends on who you ask, and depending on what your definition of "better" is.

no your 12 sec car is not better cuz i have a high 11 sec car.

and you assuming someone's financial situation over the internet, and then judging their purchasing decision is just stupid. If this guy has enough money to pay 50k in cash for a car, i'm sure he doesn't give two ****s about making a few thousand dollars in five or six years time. And if he's got 50k in cash laying around, he must be doing something right, because i guarantee you he's better off than 90% of the members on this forum.

lol you my friend are another one that is going to be working forever. %0 is around a months salary to me. And trust me if you want to build welth you make your money work for you no matter how small of an amout you have.

:boobiesboobiesboobiesboobiesboobiesboob iesboobiesboobiesboobies:
Old 07-04-2011, 07:47 PM
koa789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no your 12 sec car is not better cuz i have a high 11 sec car.
lol ok buddy. The high 11 second car that ate it's transmission? lol

lol you my friend are another one that is going to be working forever. %0 is around a months salary to me. And trust me if you want to build welth you make your money work for you no matter how small of an amout you have.
And there you go assuming again lol The fact is, you are in no position to assume anything about anyone's financial situation. Now hold on, I'll go tell my financial adviser to go take money advice from some kid on the internet who has trouble spelling "advice", "loan" and "wealth". Let me get right on that.

Last edited by koa789; 07-04-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:56 PM
shumby

:boobiesboobiesboobiesboobiesboobiesboob iesboobiesboobiesboobies:

boobies fail
Old 07-04-2011, 08:02 PM
shumby

lol ok buddy. The high 11 second car that ate it's transmission? lol

Yup just one so far. On #2 and running solid after some TCU programing changes. Thanks.

And there you go assuming again lol The fact is, you are in no position to assume anything about anyone's financial situation. Actually I am in a postion to do this as I have done it. Now hold on, I'll go tell my financial adviser to go take money advice from some kid ( thanks I am getting older and like when people think i am younger. Don't wish away your youth you will miss it) on the internet who has trouble spelling "advice", "loan" and "wealth". Let me get right on that.

OK tell him to call me @ 1-780-937-4801 But after the 10th as I am still in russia with no cell service

Old 07-04-2011, 09:06 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dopetime
hahah. mr. flintstone would drive the cube.

If you think a high 14's car was just as much fun to drive today it was than before YOU are clearly the one who doesn't get it. lol. wasn't going to say anything till i saw that.
Completely different because standards have changed along with expectations.
According to your thinking, you must use a old, big *** computer running on DSL or worse because what was considered fast then and should still be today!! am i right?!?!?
No, you are not right. You asked, I answered. A high 14 second car hasn't changed over the years. It was fun back then and it's still fun now. And it will still be fun in the future.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:08 PM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by NYCMaxima
I dont understand why everyones giving this guy so much grief, Its his money, and his driving experience, and hes obviously getting what he wants with his A5. I hope ur enjoying you car man !!!
I'm absolutely loving it. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:21 PM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by 1NEETO
This is fun. No pal, you're the one that's not getting it. Forget the suspension? Maybe you can but I can't since to me power + handling = fun.
You seem to miss the fact that I was the one who brought up the old 5.0 Mustang. And when I did that, it was strictly about the performance of the engine, not handling/braking etc... So yes, forget the suspension because it's not relevant to this discussion. If you want to compare hanlding, then we can talk all day about the A5 vs the G37. I've owned both and I'll tell you right now that my A5 exceeds the handling of my G37. But again, there's no sense in really expanding this discussion beyond acceleration. It would just be futile at this point.

When I was in high school I thought that the fox mustang and FC RX-7 were the fastest things out there. I drove both and they were lots of fun. That was then, but now you give me a stock 5.0 and a stock FC and I'll probably fall asleep behind the wheel. A Ford Model T was probably lots of fun back in 1910, does that mean they're just as much fun now? Like I said, as the yardstick gets bigger, expectations rise, and what was fun back then won't be as much fun now. But fun is relative and changes from person to person, but to me a high 14 sec car is nowhere near as much fun or fun at all now. It was in the 90's but not anymore.
That's your opinion. I can have just as much fun today as I did back when I owned a 5.0 foxbody Mustang. Nothing has changed for me.

Um yes there is. There's a reason why a camry now does mid 14's today compared to mid 17's ten or so years ago. Times change, cars get faster, handle better, stop better, get better gas mileage, and are safer. All because that proverbial yardstick gets bigger and bigger.
Again, your opinion. I don't think you're a very mature person, and that's my opinion. You need to realize that not everybody thinks like you. If they did, a lot of G37 owners would have chosen a 335i over a G. After all, it's faster, right? Or maybe even a brand new 5.0 Mustang. Much faster than a G37 and less expensive too. All the same things you've been saying could easily be said by a 5.0 Mustang owner talking about a G37.

I don't see what's relevant about you mentioning that you paid cash for it. You paid 47k for your car and if you think that's money well spent then good for you. I personally would not have paid that kind of money unless it had a more powerful engine.
The point is simple and it doesn't surprise me that it flew right over you head. I'll explain it to you---if I paid $47K cash for my Audi, then I can obviously easily afford an S5 or any other "faster" car. Yet I chose an A5. See how simple that is to understand?

And again you rag on my civic? My civic is what it is and I treat it as such, no fart cans, no rims, no coilovers, I just put gas in it and change the oil every 5000 miles. Just because I have a nice car doesn't mean I have to drive it everywhere. A DD beater is always nice to have.
I'm not ragging on your Civic. I'm ragging on you as a guy who's daily driver is a Civic, but who talks so much crap about me buying an A5. For someone who is so bent on the performance of the cars on the road, your daily driver wouldn't have a prayer against my daily driver on any road. That's very ironic. It must really suck for you when you're driving your Civic and a faster car passes you by. Do you grit your teeth, wishing that you were in your G37 when that happens? LOL...judging by the stuff you've said so far, I bet you do...

Yeah this thread has nothing to do with trying to impress the G37 community with your new A5, nor is you mentioning you paid $47k cash for your A5. Sure pal.
That's right, it's not. I've been a member here for a long time and I've never once tried to impress anyone. And I already told you the reason I said that I paid cash for my A5. Really do I care about trying to somehow impress a bunch of anonymous people? LOL, you really do need to grow up. Seriously.

Last edited by MSCA; 07-04-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:25 PM
MSCA
Banned

hmmm. seeing you can get a audi lown right now for 1.9% or under you show that you are not money wise. Hell a GIC will net you atleast 3%. So paying cash out the door showes you have no idea how to handle money. As well as your feeling of a fun car being all back asswards
Don't worry, I have plenty of money invested. I paid cash for my car because I can... I paid cash for my G37 too. In fact, I've paid cash for my last 5 vehicles.

Yeah, I guess I'm not good at handling money. But I am good at making it.

EDIT: just for the fun of it, I looked up the GIC rates in the U.S. because 3% seemed high to me. 3 to 5 year GIC returns 2.00% in the U.S. Maybe you're from Canada? GIC is something that seems to be a lot more popular with Canadian investors in the first place.

Now lets do some simple math. If I get a return of 2.00% on my money and I'm in the 33% tax bracket, how does that compare to borrowing money at 1.9% to buy a car? Which way do I end up ahead?

Last edited by MSCA; 07-05-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Trincap

This thread is amusing. Are you guys seriously arguing about an A5? And then about money issues?
Old 07-04-2011, 09:46 PM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by SpartanG37S
The A5 to get has already passed. 2009 A5 S-Line 3.2L 6MT in black with gunmetal wheels. Fuel economy be damned, that V6 sounded so good.

I'd have a hard time buying an A5 this late into the generation. The redesign is imminent within the next 12-18 months. Nice cars, but never cared for the Turbo4 in a car that size.
I'd still chose the turbo engine over the V6.

As for a redesign...not going to happen. The car is due for a very light mid-cycle refresh during the middle of the 2012 model year. I've already seen pictures of it. The only thing that's changing is the headlights. They are making them more like the A7 instead of rectangular. I much prefer mine, which is why I had to get my order in for a 2011 model year. Plus, the color I prefer (Quartz) is being replaced for 2012. So to get the car I wanted, it had to be a 2011 model.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:56 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MSCA
You seem to miss the fact that I was the one who brought up the old 5.0 Mustang. And when I did that, it was strictly about the performance of the engine, not handling/braking etc... So yes, forget the suspension because it's not relevant to this discussion. If you want to compare hanlding, then we can talk all day about the A5 vs the G37. I've owned both and I'll tell you right now that my A5 exceeds the handling of my G37. But again, there's no sense in really expanding this discussion beyond acceleration. It would just be futile at this point.

That's your opinion. I can have just as much fun today as I did back when I owned a 5.0 foxbody Mustang. Nothing has changed for me.

Again, your opinion. I don't think you're a very mature person, and that's my opinion. You need to realize that not everybody thinks like you. If they did, a lot of G37 owners would have chosen a 335i over a G. After all, it's faster, right? Or maybe even a brand new 5.0 Mustang. Much faster than a G37 and less expensive too. All the same things you've been saying could easily be said by a 5.0 Mustang owner talking about a G37.

The point is simple and it doesn't surprise me that it flew right over you head. I'll explain it to you---if I paid $47K cash for my Audi, then I can obviously easily afford an S5 or any other "faster" car. Yet I chose an A5. See how simple that is to understand?

I'm not ragging on your Civic. I'm ragging on you as a guy who's daily driver is a Civic, but who talks so much crap about me buying an A5. For someone who is so bent on the performance of the cars on the road, your daily driver wouldn't have a prayer against my daily driver on any road. That's very ironic.

That's right, it's not. I've been a member here for a long time and I've never once tried to impress anyone. And I already told you the reason I said that I paid cash for my A5. Really do I care about trying to somehow impress a bunch of anonymous people? LOL, you really do need to grow up. Seriously.
I'll keep this short and sweet. IMO the A5 is not worth $47k+, not with that VW engine. That's my opinion, we obviously disagree on this.

And second, funny how you accuse me of being immature, yet here you are arguing and reducing yourself to my "level". You obviously can't take sound criticism towards your car. That sure speaks miles about your level of "maturity". You think it's a great buy but I disagree.

Quick Reply: Time to say goodbye to my G37 coupe