G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Time to say goodbye to my G37 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 03:03 AM
dopetime

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Op thinks it's a great buy because he pays 100/month for his dial up service as well cause it's just as fast as it was before just other connections have changed which doesn't matter to him. FURTHERMORE. he pays CASH every month for his dial up so you are in no position to judge him . It's worth it because it FEELS just as fast to him compared To cable.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:07 AM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1NEETO
I'll keep this short and sweet. IMO the A5 is not worth $47k+, not with that VW engine. That's my opinion, we obviously disagree on this.

And second, funny how you accuse me of being immature, yet here you are arguing and reducing yourself to my "level". You obviously can't take sound criticism towards your car. That sure speaks miles about your level of "maturity". You think it's a great buy but I disagree.
You're entitled to your opinion and I've never disputed that. You are obviously immature and the fact that I'm debating with you doesn't in any way mean that I'm reducing myself to your level. You should pay closer attention because you might actually learn something. Nah, maybe not. LOLDOMO
Old 07-05-2011, 09:09 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by dopetime
Op thinks it's a great buy because he pays 100/month for his dial up service as well cause it's just as fast as it was before just other connections have changed which doesn't matter to him. FURTHERMORE. he pays CASH every month for his dial up so you are in no position to judge him . It's worth it because it FEELS just as fast to him compared To cable.
Dial-up? LOL, I haven't had dial up since, well, so long that I can't even remember.

That was funny, but thanks for the otherwise useless post.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:18 AM
dopetime

^^why not?? isn't dial up the same speed as before?? or did it get even slower op?
Old 07-05-2011, 09:30 AM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by dopetime
^^why not?? isn't dial up the same speed as before?? or did it get even slower op?
Internet speeds are not in any way the same thing as the acceleration of a car. If you can't understand that simple fact, then you're beyond hopeless.

Let me simplify it for you: Cars are not the Internet.

BTW, Dial-up was never fun, not even in the beginning.

Class dismissed.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:54 AM
dopetime

...uhhhh lol. ya sure. you're completely right op.

hahah anyways enjoy the car. they do look good.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:32 AM
Breitling65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trincap
This thread is amusing. Are you guys seriously arguing about an A5? And then about money issues?
OP does, funny as hell
Old 07-06-2011, 11:40 AM
chasemyaccord

Congrats man. I've been actually pondering whether to trade in to an A5 as well. The main drawing points were better fuel economy, nicer interior (at least as far as leather quality), and newer technology (although that's a bit unfair since mine is an 08 and technology has improved since then).

After some careful thought, I decided that the trade-off in reliability wasn't worth it. I think either way I'd end up missing the other car, so it's a lose-lose situation . Enjoy your new car though. A small part of me is definitely jealous.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:19 PM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Congrats man. I've been actually pondering whether to trade in to an A5 as well. The main drawing points were better fuel economy, nicer interior (at least as far as leather quality), and newer technology (although that's a bit unfair since mine is an 08 and technology has improved since then).

After some careful thought, I decided that the trade-off in reliability wasn't worth it. I think either way I'd end up missing the other car, so it's a lose-lose situation . Enjoy your new car though. A small part of me is definitely jealous.
The reliability was a concern of mine as well. I know that Audi, in general, isn't as reliable as Infiniti. And my G37 was nothing but perfect for the year that I owned it. What eased my mind about the A5 is that it's been out for more than 3 years now and there are very few issues with them that I've seen after reading the Audi forums. My brother also has the same car and his has been perfect so far.

I normally don't say this, but it is true that all cars have issues. I don't expect my Audi to be perfect forever, and I didn't expect that of my G37 either. That said, reliability isn't my main concern...I have to really like everything else that the car offers.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:14 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats on the new car, take good care of her, shes beautiful!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:44 PM
MSCA
Banned

Found out today that my recently sold G37 coupe has been totaled. The car got flooded in a storm cause water to go up over the hood and into the interior. The insurance company immediately totaled it and my buddy at work is awaiting his settlement check.

RIP G37

BTW, do the insurance companies typically give owners full retail value when something like this happens? The new owner isn't sure if he's going to get screwed or not...
Old 08-01-2011, 07:14 PM
xwoodbutch

Originally Posted by MSCA
Found out today that my recently sold G37 coupe has been totaled. The car got flooded in a storm cause water to go up over the hood and into the interior. The insurance company immediately totaled it and my buddy at work is awaiting his settlement check.

RIP G37

BTW, do the insurance companies typically give owners full retail value when something like this happens? The new owner isn't sure if he's going to get screwed or not...
Gap Insurance! If he has it, he's golden!! What is gap insurance?
Old 08-01-2011, 07:26 PM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by xwoodbutch
Gap Insurance! If he has it, he's golden!! What is gap insurance?
He purchased the car used from me. It wasn't a lease deal and he wasn't upside down on the car. I believe he only financed about $10,000 of the purchase price.

If he gets full retail value for the car, I think he'll be happy. If not, he's only had the car since June, so it could be a big loss to take.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:06 PM
xwoodbutch

Originally Posted by MSCA
He purchased the car used from me. It wasn't a lease deal and he wasn't upside down on the car. I believe he only financed about $10,000 of the purchase price.

If he gets full retail value for the car, I think he'll be happy. If not, he's only had the car since June, so it could be a big loss to take.
He should be fine then!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:52 PM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by xwoodbutch
He should be fine then!
Well, I'm not saying that he's worried about getting less from his insurance company than he owes on the car....I'm just wondering if he'll get the full retail value of the car or if the insurance company will cut him a check for less than that. If he gets less money from his insurance company than he paid me when he purchased the car, then he's losing out on the deal. He's only owned it since June!

Quick Reply: Time to say goodbye to my G37 coupe