Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Infiniti is not that smart

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:04 AM
RL01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti is not that smart

Just purchased a G37S coupe 6MT fully loaded, as a daily driver. Love the style, and drives quite nice. The issues I have are:

1. It is NOT a performance car, so why premium fuel?
2. The tire life is brutal. Why put offset wheels that you cannot rotate?
3. Why did this car come with summer tires and NOT all seasons?
4. Fuel economy is very poor. it is not a pig on gas its a bastard on gas.

Unless you take this car to the track to race, (I would not as it is just not even close to being fast) you do not get the benefit of the premium gas and tires.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:20 AM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on your new car.

Infiniti sold you a car, maybe they are very smart after all.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:22 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by RL01
Just purchased a G37S coupe 6MT fully loaded, as a daily driver. Love the style, and drives quite nice. The issues I have are:

Unless you take this car to the track to race, (I would not as it is just not even close to being fast) you do not get the benefit of the premium gas and tires.
That is some severe buyer's remorse. I assume you knew about these 'issues' before you signed? I think you should have purchased a V6 Mustang instead.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 AM
s2ktoEvo

Well, lets answer this.

1. Technically it is, it's a performance sedan. Not the same thing as a sports car, but it is what it is. The reason they need premium fuel is because the engine has fairly high compression. To get his engine to run regular properly, you'd be looking at a car with 270hp instead of 330. Premium fuel doesn't detonate as easily as regular which is useful on high compression motors.

2. Ok, so go buy some aftermarket non staggered wheels if it really bugs you. You knew this when you bought the car or should have, so suck it up. If you had bought the X version you'd have gotten your wish. Btw your use of offset is wrong.

3. See #1, and you knew this when buying. If you didn't bother to check, your fault not theirs.

4. There's info all over the web, not to mention the on the sticker, about the cars gas mileage. It isn't infiniti's fault that you failed to do some basic research before buying the car.

It looks like you bought the car on impulse. Next time I recommend spending a couple of weeks doing some research before buying. Sounds like you really wanted a civic, accord, or altima... all of which get better gas mileage, are cheaper to own, and are arguably better as a daily driver.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well sorry you regret it so much. But to help you out:

It IS a performance oriented car, so it does take premium. That's what the engine is built for.

The tires last just fine. Dont get ancy about not being able to rotate your tires.

Uhh it's a performance oriented car so it comes with performance oriented tires. That would be stupid of Infiniti to sell a sports car with all season tires

It's a sports car that gets anywhere from 18-25 MPG. that's pretty good in my book. Buy a Prius if you want awesome gas mileage.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:57 AM
11_xS_coupe

1. Clearly youve never had a luxury car before because with mostly all of them the dealer tell you to use premium fuel.

2. How do you know the tire life is brutal if you just purchased the car?

3.And it came with summer tires becaues you purchased a 6 speed manual sport coupe, WHY would they give you all season tires with a rear wheel drive S model car. You should have gotten the AWD model if you want all seasonss.

4. You have a 330 horsepower V6 that Revs extremely high, what do you expect to get 40 mpg?

And one last thing, the G37 IS a luxury/performance car, i find you very hard pressed to find many people that would say differently.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:14 AM
ncpalafox
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FishMeetFish

Infiniti sold you a car, maybe they are very smart after all.
^^this

seriously, why would you even consider purchasing such a car if you have these kind of complaints

your requirements for a car = non-staggered, rotatable wheels, all-season tires, regular gas consuming, and fuel efficient..

sounds like you need an economy car ie. civic
Old 04-04-2011, 10:16 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
I cant even believe you guys replied to this, He's a Azzhat, He has over 350 posts so he has been on here looking around and talking about things, So he know exactly what he was getting,,

Look man you want high gas milage and want to use cheaper gas , Go trade the car and get a Civic..

An contray, They are smart they sold you a car you HATE.. LOL nice job man.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:17 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by ncpalafox
^^this

seriously, why would you even consider purchasing such a car if you have these kind of complaints

your requirements for a car = non-staggered, rotatable wheels, all-season tires, regular gas consuming, and fuel efficient..

sounds like you need an economy car ie. civic

HAHAH we used the same car, We where typing the same time.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:23 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
OP you've been looking at buying this car for the last six months. It wasn't a spontaneous decision, so why did you not figure out these dislikes before hand? It is common knowledge that it would get great gas mileage as well as using premium fuel. It's not a Ferrari, but who says it isn't a performance car? A luxury sports car is a better description, but still performs quite well. A lot more than your previous Honda/Toyota cars you claim to be coming from.

What does the wheel offsets have to do with tire rotation? When you want to rotate just flip them. :FLAME:
Old 04-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Brooklynstar23

Obvious troll is obvious...
Old 04-04-2011, 10:57 AM
SRG

Old 04-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

it IS a performance car, with a twist of luxury. Our cars have EXCELLENT motors, with a high compression rate, using lower octane fuel will cause some detonation = less power output. You may not this the car (body, interior ect) feels like a performance car, but the motor is for sure a "performance" motor

You cant rotate any offset wheels..

The AWD comes with all season tires. Which such equally as much as the summer ones, honestly just buy a set of winter tires and crappy rims and be done with it

If you wanted fuel economy you should of bought a hybrid civic
Old 04-04-2011, 11:32 AM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
325s require premium. Are they a sports car?

Get real.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:33 AM
SRG

Quick Reply: Infiniti is not that smart