G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Infiniti is not that smart

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 12:50 PM
RL01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobody can give me the correct answer to my questions. And nobody can give me an answer to WHY you think this car is a performance car. I bought it on looks and I wanted something as a daily drive. I never bought it for performance because it gives off no performance.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Only4theGnme

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RL01
Sorry but Yes you are right? I stand corrected that the Altima is NOT as quick, but a 0-60 time of 5.7 sec vs G37 5.5 sec is not that far off and way cheaper. Who is the Chief now. If I wanted an M45 I would have bought it but I am not the over 50 crowd just yet!!!
Dude...our car weighs a whole lot more than an altima...and still out accelerates it. And you say "If I wanted an M45..." yatta yatta...you obviously don't want the G, and you still bought it!!! Lol...

YOU ARE STILL THE CHIEF CHAMP!!!! LOL.

Listen...this isn't personal...I just want to help you see that the error here was in your judgement, not in our cars...seriously...think about it.

Did you even test drive the car??? Maybe you should have taken a look at the Hyundai Genesis or the Z???

I'll admit our car does have some short comings but none of them are any of the things that you named.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Only4theGnme

1. I have a Lotus Elise, yes it is light and I know how to drive it, and its cheap on gas.
2. 18,000 miles for rear tires is just plain dumb. Dealer has said this. Not sure if it is a Bridgestone thing.
3. Wanted a 6MT not a boring automatic
4. Shifting at 3,000 RPM is not mashing the pedal. Dealer has told me this is the standard fuel economy. I call it crap.

This makes it even worse...Of coarse a Lotus Elise gets better gas mileage than our cars...do you know how much lighter it is than our cars?!?!?!?!?!

"4. Shifting at 3,000 RPM is not mashing the pedal. Dealer has told me this is the standard fuel economy. I call it crap..." You call it crap...YET YOU STILL BOUGHT IT....and if the Elise is so much cheaper on gas...why go buy a car that is worse on gas milleage than your Elise as an everyday driver????? See what I mean Chief...this is a classic case of "User Error."
Old 04-04-2011, 01:09 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Uh oh. Bad news for you OP. You have awoken the sleeping beast. Good luck.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Only4theGnme

Nobody can give me the correct answer to my questions. And nobody can give me an answer to WHY you think this car is a performance car. I bought it on looks and I wanted something as a daily drive. I never bought it for performance because it gives off no performance.
So take it like a man and stop complaining!!! ...Since you claim to have known what you were getting, you obviously got just what you wanted...lol.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:22 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
1. I have a Lotus Elise, yes it is light and I know how to drive it, and its cheap on gas.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
2. 18,000 miles for rear tires is just plain dumb. Dealer has said this. Not sure if it is a Bridgestone thing.
3. Wanted a 6MT not a boring automatic
4. Shifting at 3,000 RPM is not mashing the pedal. Dealer has told me this is the standard fuel economy. I call it crap.
You do realize, your Lotus is:

1. Spartan
2. Has 2/3 the horsepower
3. has a 4 banger
4. no amenities. At all.
5. Has R-comps from the factory

18000 miles for the rear? Have you check your Lotus tires lately?

I said ease up on the gas pedal, not shift early. Then again, "knowing how to drive your car", you should know that. I mean, come on. Look at your Lotus' MPG on the freeway spinning at 4k rpm.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
At the risk of discovering that I'm talking to a Lotus Challenge driver, I'll put up this challenge.

Since you know how to drive your car, how about we settle it with a little competition? Are you local to me? Lets go to the track with "our sports cars" and settle it with a time attack.

Your "sports car" vs mine. Or how about I'll drive a G37 around track and see if you can beat my time.

Here's my schedule for the next few weeks.

4/10 SoWS CW w/ blowpass
4/17 BRP 13CCW
4/23 CVR CCW

I'll even let you modify your Lotus any way you want.

If he turns out to actually know how to drive his car, I may have dug myself a very deep hole. But, his ignorant rant leads be to believe otherwise.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Duster

Just purchased a G37S coupe 6MT fully loaded, as a daily driver. Love the style, and drives quite nice. The issues I have are:

1. It is NOT a performance car, so why premium fuel?
2. The tire life is brutal. Why put offset wheels that you cannot rotate?
3. Why did this car come with summer tires and NOT all seasons?
4. Fuel economy is very poor. it is not a pig on gas its a bastard on gas.

Unless you take this car to the track to race, (I would not as it is just not even close to being fast) you do not get the benefit of the premium gas and tires.
You wanted answers to the questions, so here they are:

1. It takes premium fuel because of the compression ratio of the motor. You purchased a car with a certain compression ratio, which requires such fuel. The compression ratio is published in the car's specifications.

2. The car comes with wheels that you cannot rotate, because you ordered it that way.

3. The car comes with summer tires, because you ordered it that way.

4. This isn't a question, so I have a hard time answering it. All I can say is that there are EPA numbers published for fuel economy on this vehicle, which are publicly available. I'm getting about 12.0 l/100k in real-world use. You are the only one that can decide if that's good, bad, piggish, or bastardly.

Your issues are all related to information that is publicly available, and could be answered without even visiting this forum. If anyone is not smart, I'm guessing it's you.

I fed the troll, didn't I? I'm guessing you're somewhat lonely and looking for attention.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:35 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Give me your car since you don't want it. I've been regretting not getting an MT
Old 04-04-2011, 02:14 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
I think the OP is being misunderstood. English is not her mother tongue. I think she is trying to say that Infiniti did not make the Smart car. She is looking for this:

Old 04-04-2011, 02:41 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Just purchased a G37S coupe 6MT fully loaded, as a daily driver. Love the style, and drives quite nice. The issues I have are:

1. It is NOT a performance car, so why premium fuel?
2. The tire life is brutal. Why put offset wheels that you cannot rotate?
3. Why did this car come with summer tires and NOT all seasons?
4. Fuel economy is very poor. it is not a pig on gas its a bastard on gas.

Unless you take this car to the track to race, (I would not as it is just not even close to being fast) you do not get the benefit of the premium gas and tires.
OK here are your answers"
1. Try to follow me around a track and then not call the G a performing machine. The compression is high so you must run a higher octane.
2. Not FWD so to get the proper stance and agility you need the offset (plus it just looks better!).
3. Traction is better on most days. I changed to an all season recently due to so many rainy days here. But I chose a really good performing set.
4. I see what you should have bought was an Altima which will get you a good 35+ MPG or the Infiniti Mh which gets 33+ and 360+HP on regular.
Or maybe you should upgrade your 6MT because i get 27-28 MPG running around Houston since I installed the stage 3 intakes!

5. Sometimes it's fun to respond to idiots who post dumb sh*t.

Last edited by htownboy; 04-04-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:45 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Funny I dont think as Lotus Elise as a sports car.. :/ Just me tho.. My EVO was more of a sports car than that. Well thats if you talk WHP and speed wise..

Or could be I'm not a fan at all of Lotus..

If I had to pick a G37S or the Lotus I would pick the G37S..
Old 04-04-2011, 02:47 PM
prankiRL

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
Well sorry you regret it so much. But to help you out:

It IS a performance oriented car, so it does take premium. That's what the engine is built for.

The tires last just fine. Dont get ancy about not being able to rotate your tires.

Uhh it's a performance oriented car so it comes with performance oriented tires. That would be stupid of Infiniti to sell a sports car with all season tires

It's a sports car that gets anywhere from 18-25 MPG. that's pretty good in my book. Buy a Prius if you want awesome gas mileage.

Im getting 12 mpg..
Old 04-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Romulus1

your being bias to that lotus it seems, which in my opinion is a piece of garbage. Hey look theres another opinion like yours.

Just because your other performance car is faster doesnt make this one less of a sports car. High compressions engines require higher octane. My 09 Coupe tracked 5.1 seconds 0-60 with minor mods, an ok launch and a decent reaction time. stock its 5.2 according to many sources. which is a whole half second difference from your number for the altima. ...chief

My tires have 23k on them, they still have decent life in them and my car is lowered with no camber kits or anything.

Mine is an X, so it comes with all seasons, but they hug the road quite well and have handled high speeds very well too

I get roughly 14 mpg's, 50/50 but i have a bit of a lead foot.

if your that dissatisfied with it, sell it and quite whining. This is a forum for enthusiast. no ones forcing you to keep it. im with the rest of the crowd on this one, go get a civic. theyre decent fun, i came from an 07 5spd coupe to my G. plus you have the benefit of 40 mpgs on the highway.

Quick Reply: Infiniti is not that smart