G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TOP G37 Negatives

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 11:27 PM
1NEETO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We don't have a car that does 30 mpg's on real world driving. I get 17-19 mixed city-freeway and I mostly drive like grandma. I'm sure if I drive a whole tankful on an interstate at 60 mph then I might get into the 30's. But how often does anyone drive a whole tankful on the freeway at a constant speed?

Even the 7AT does not get 19mpg on the city, much less "driving it like you stole it". Who are you trying to kid here?

As for the interior size, I'm sure the Japanese took into consideration us fat Americans. I'm 5'10 210 pounds and the sport seats don't bother me at all. And I'm not a skinny guy, anyone bigger than me is flat out fat (I'm at least 15 pounds overweight) or seriously built. Go lose some of that lard before complaining about the G sport seats. You ARE the problem, not the seats.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:59 PM
08_g37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am not sure if anyone noticed but there are 2 more cupholders....1 in each door for a total of 6...

im 6 3 and there is room for me ...i fit perfectly comfy in the seats as they hold on spirited driving as the should..

i average 400km-450 on a take of gas thats 250-280 miles and i am fine with that i didnt buy this car to drive it like a prius!!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:15 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Amays U G37S
I think this thread foreshadow's the 'wrong' things, and not the things that were overlooked or beyond.

First of all, the car isn't built in this country. You are driving a LEGIMATE import.

The car was built for JAPANESE people. Its not going to fit your 6 foot frame comfortably. That's why the seats go into the back seat, for us fat americans.

Third, The car has PLENTY of room completely packed, with average size adults.

The car weighs a LOT LESS then the new chevy's or dodges, and both of those cars have more blind spots than you can imagine.

Every other thing you guys mention about the seating positioning, and stuff, that is your fault for not making sure your big asses fit in the car. And you should buy an American made car, instead of a fully built Japanese car, that fits little people.

I for one love this car. It is a 'Skyline'. The 08's are smaller, and I love the design of the car. Nothing on the road looks like this car. I mean the tail lights for god sakes, when I turn the lights on, everyone behind me is like 'whoa damn'.

I think you guys needs to build your relationships with your G's a little more. You should spend some money on some detailing products, and have a little 1 on 1 session with the car.

After that, if you still can't get in it, you need to buy Domestic. This car weighs far less then the new domestics made, and the 0-60 in the low 5's, is what I call a Sports Car.

A 350hp FWD car seems a tad bit more powerful then the G37. And a car like that could easily take 99% of drivers on the road.

Stock for Stock, the G37 beats a lot of anything on the road, Audi doesn't get this big of a motor until the A6. MB doesn't come close, and you have to spent 80k+ to get big motors.

19mpg IN the City, and Driving like its stolen?!?!!? COME ON! 31mpg On the interstate?? BE SERIOUS.

People are boasting cars that do 30mpg, AND WE ALREADY OWN ONE!

You guys come over, we will have a few beers, and I'll change all of your minds.
Why we ban him? he wasnt that bad
Old 12-15-2011, 04:03 PM
MPdesign

I came to the G37 after driving an A4 so here is my take.
The problem is that this thread doesnt have a comparison. People are just typing stuff about nothing.

I could say that it doesnt have as much room as the A4 - sure but the A4 is a 4-door.
I could say it gets 4 miles/gallon less than the A4- but it goes 4 times as fast.
I could say I can't carry lumber in it
I could say it wont carry 6 people and has no 3rd seat.
I could say the ipod hookup isnt perfect but my A4 had no ipod hookup and no aux input (and I use a droid anyway)
I could say that the cupholders and armrest storage is small - except compared to the A4, I had three front cupholders instead of 4 in the G (2 middle and 2 on door) and the a4 cupholders always sucked *** - and one broke.
I could say the armrest wasn't as good but then again, i was on my 3rd broken armest in 3 years with the a4. It would have been 10th but I quit fixing them - only good for 6 months.
i could say the glovebox isnt as big. But I was on my 3rd glovebox in the a4 in 3 years (ridiculous $250 each time).
I could say that the interior is not as refined as the a4 (and it isn't); but you could scratch the top surface off of anything inside the A4 accidentally with your nail- and it was white underneath!

I will tell you that I took pristine car of my A4. i was not hard on the interior or exterior. no kids, no dogs. just me and the wife. It was an 02 and only had the one door ding that was on it when I bought it used 5 years ago. Of course, it blew up 2 months ago after years of babying it and now I have a G37!

Quit whining. This is a reliable car. It is also a 2 door sports car. That is why you bought it. If you bought a 2 door sportcar that is kinda crazy fast, you knew that when you bought it - so that cannot really be a problem with it. I mean, you knew it wasnt an escalade with seating for 20, right. You knew it didnt say prius onthe back - right.?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:08 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
It doesn't have a twin turbo motor or V8 option for the sport model.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:27 PM
J. Dub

Thanks for this thread. This helped me in my attempts to buy a g37 coupe.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:34 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by 08_g37s
i am not sure if anyone noticed but there are 2 more cupholders....1 in each door for a total of 6...

im 6 3 and there is room for me ...i fit perfectly comfy in the seats as they hold on spirited driving as the should..

i average 400km-450 on a take of gas thats 250-280 miles and i am fine with that i didnt buy this car to drive it like a prius!!
I drove Los Angeles to Phoenix (397 miles) still had a 1/4 tank left.
80 to 90 mph on the average, an few runs to 120 130 mph when I could.

Im not complaining!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:55 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I just hate the easily scratched paint + ipod connector not being a standard usb in the 08. I can bare with the rest.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Vasher

Originally Posted by Amays U G37S
"...have a little 1 on 1 session with the car.

After that, if you still can't get it in...

You guys come over, we will have a few beers, and I'll change all of your minds."

The car needs a high performance model (more power). Something to compete with M, AMG, F, and S/RS.

iPod compatibility needs tweeking, at least with latest gen iPod touch. Both my iPhone 4 and 4s work better than my iPod. Sometimes the iPod doesn't connect, or it lags/freezes at times.

During a call, the number for a second incoming call isn't displayed. Never know if it's a more "urgent" call, or someone you'd rather not talk to.

Throttle lag.

Faster shift response from the paddles.

Engine sounds like poop on cold start up (idle around 1,300-1,400), doesn't mellow out until around 1,000.

After turning off the car and opening a door the car needs to be turned "On" to roll the windows up. (Passengers get me with that one all the time)
Old 01-04-2012, 12:06 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
This car is a beast and I love it! I came from an 09 Mitsubishi Lancer. The G's have all the bells and whistles when you come from something more econo-based. My lancer had 168 hp at the flywheel. The G has 330. My lancer has cloth seats with manual control. The G has power seats with heaters. My Lancer had Nav, the G has Nav but 1-ups it with a back-up cam. Everything my lancer had, the G had it better.

Sometimes G owners are too snobby! When you come from something lesser, you appreciate the G's strengths. Go drive a honda civic for a day. You'll be wanting to jump into your G in no time! :P
Old 01-04-2012, 12:25 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Vasher

The car needs a high performance model (more power). Something to compete with M, AMG, F, and S/RS.
I think they call it a GTR

You can get one today for 82K. I'm shopping for one now!!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:25 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound

They "should" call it the IPL...now THAT is a let down. I'd like to see an IPL come super/turbocharged from the factory!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Vasher

Originally Posted by TVPostSound

Infiniti needs it's own version of the GT-R.

Picking up a GT-R? Nice. My C63 coupe is on it's way here (~ a month). I'd say "let's line 'em up", but I don't want my new car getting it's @ss handed to it too soon.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:10 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Vasher
Infiniti needs it's own version of the GT-R.

Picking up a GT-R? Nice. My C63 coupe is on it's way here (~ a month). I'd say "let's line 'em up", but I don't want my new car getting it's @ss handed to it too soon.
Put Kazutoshi Mizuno on the G37!!