Why is my car beeping after battery replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 01:54 PM
Wayfun

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Why is my car beeping after battery replacement?

I just replaced my 4-year-old battery before it potentially crapped out this winter. After doing so I reset the radio and memory seats. But after I get out of the car it continues to beep. Every few seconds it goes beep beep. Is there something else I need to reset?

Dennis
Old 12-14-2017, 02:02 PM
Wayfun

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Never mind, I figured it out after searching the forum. Just had to cycle the roof and it quit the beeping.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wayfun:
John Hannon (07-02-2018), Trezzay (12-18-2017)
Old 12-14-2017, 03:48 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
I don't have a 'vert but thanks for posting your resolution. Now I won't sit up all night wondering why your car beeps. I'm special that way.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:49 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Yep. It'll beep every time you disconnect the battery until you do a full open / close cycle.
The following users liked this post:
Trezzay (12-18-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 07:42 PM
Av8shunmeckanec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the double beep on my wife’s ‘13 G37 after battery replacement. At first I didn’t notice the beep but non-the-less had to do the window reset as the front windows would roll down for door opening and closing but would not go up after closing. After the window reset i noticed the double beep and found a thread that said to open and close the top to reset it. This is where my trouble started.

The trunk would completey open and then the top would unlatch and raise from the windshield about 1 inch. The paecel shelf raised a few inches and the spade doors that flip out from the trunk would start deploying. Then I would get the trunk open message. I had to stop the car and restart it to get the top to close again.

In the end i found that assisting the top to continue open as it raised from the windshield allowed it to continue its full operation. After one complete cycle it has been fine since then with no more beeps.
kiseliok (12-29-2017)
Old 07-02-2018, 08:24 AM
John Hannon

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thank you!!
Just has the double beep after disconnecting the battery, the Owners Manual didn’t throw any light on the subject, I checked the forum for answers and found this thread, roof opened and closed and the beep has gone

cheers
Old 08-18-2018, 01:46 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
The manual roof reset of opening and closing works, but ideally the dealer would prefer to have you come in for a consult 3 reset of the roof to get it fully sync'd up. So if you are having issues opening and closing after the manual reset, one option is the dealer reset with consult 3 for the roof. Of course there might be a cost involved.
Old 11-06-2022, 03:35 PM
greg37
Registered Member

G37 roof

Originally Posted by cereal2k
The manual roof reset of opening and closing works, but ideally the dealer would prefer to have you come in for a consult 3 reset of the roof to get it fully sync'd up. So if you are having issues opening and closing after the manual reset, one option is the dealer reset with consult 3 for the roof. Of course there might be a cost involved.
i have 2010 g37. 2 beeps, the roof is currently down. When i drive car i get constant beep and display says”roof in operation”. When i try to use open/ close button, nothing happens except when i press open or close i get one beep and then when i let go i get 2 beeps. If i shut car off i get 2 beeps every 20 or so seconds for 10-15 minutes. I’ve tried battery negative terminal disconnect for 20 + minutes a number of times. Same problem. This has happened 3 times in past few years mostly resulting in trips to dealer for $150 hour with Consult3.
Mia there a switch or sensor that is goi g bad? Where. I think i read the roof operation is all 100 % timing. I’ve also tried to reset the grinch divider a number of times. If i leave it unlatched i get the “check divider” so i know that it must be good since when it’s patched i don’t get the alert. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-06-2022, 06:36 PM
greg37
Registered Member

2 beeps, roof issue solved.

Originally Posted by greg37
i have 2010 g37. 2 beeps, the roof is currently down. When i drive car i get constant beep and display says”roof in operation”. When i try to use open/ close button, nothing happens except when i press open or close i get one beep and then when i let go i get 2 beeps. If i shut car off i get 2 beeps every 20 or so seconds for 10-15 minutes. I’ve tried battery negative terminal disconnect for 20 + minutes a number of times. Same problem. This has happened 3 times in past few years mostly resulting in trips to dealer for $150 hour with Consult3.
Mia there a switch or sensor that is goi g bad? Where. I think i read the roof operation is all 100 % timing. I’ve also tried to reset the grinch divider a number of times. If i leave it unlatched i get the “check divider” so i know that it must be good since when it’s patched i don’t get the alert. Thanks in advance.
even though i tried all this before i opened the trunk and wiggled all the wires i could find to see if anything may be loose. There was nothing that looked even possibly frayed or pinched. I noticed that the thing that looks like the switch activator on the trunk lid ( the part in the body that trunk latch mates with when the trunk is indeed closed) looked corroded a bit. I manually activated it a bunch of times with my finger, closed the lid and tried the car again. It worked!! Roof closed with no issues. No beeps.
kiseliok (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 11:23 AM
blackandwhite
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Av8shunmeckanec
I had the double beep on my wife’s ‘13 G37 after battery replacement. At first I didn’t notice the beep but non-the-less had to do the window reset as the front windows would roll down for door opening and closing but would not go up after closing. After the window reset i noticed the double beep and found a thread that said to open and close the top to reset it. This is where my trouble started.

The trunk would completey open and then the top would unlatch and raise from the windshield about 1 inch. The paecel shelf raised a few inches and the spade doors that flip out from the trunk would start deploying. Then I would get the trunk open message. I had to stop the car and restart it to get the top to close again.

In the end i found that assisting the top to continue open as it raised from the windshield allowed it to continue its full operation. After one complete cycle it has been fine since then with no more beeps.
From the description you give, it sounds like my roof is stopping at the same point yours was. Can you give more detail on what you mean by "assisting the top to continue to open"? I've attached a video that shows wear mine stops. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nztjgtnkf...704_1.mp4?dl=0

Last edited by blackandwhite; 11-07-2022 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-07-2022, 06:23 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by greg37
even though i tried all this before i opened the trunk and wiggled all the wires i could find to see if anything may be loose. There was nothing that looked even possibly frayed or pinched. I noticed that the thing that looks like the switch activator on the trunk lid ( the part in the body that trunk latch mates with when the trunk is indeed closed) looked corroded a bit. I manually activated it a bunch of times with my finger, closed the lid and tried the car again. It worked!! Roof closed with no issues. No beeps.
Nice find! If / when you decide to pull it apart, grease it, and tighten everything, would you mind taking a few pics and sharing with us? This has been a pretty common issue and it'll be helpful to have a reference.
Thanks in advance!