G37 Vert Top 2 Chirps Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 06:01 PM
Gerry West

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Vert Top 2 Chirps Issues

Ok, my G37 Vert top dilemma continues. Last week the Black Parcel Shelf fell off during top closure. I finally fixed that (ended up supergluing the rivet nuts back into the plastic openings) and all was well. Or so I thought. We haven't been using the car much, and the battery was dead just prior to the top issue. After I charged the battery, the module was doing the Chirp Chirp, so I opened and closed the top (which is when the piece fell off). Now, the top works great, but every time I shut the car off, the Chirps are back. What is really odd, if I open and close the trunk, the Chirps go away until the next drive. Could all this be related to a bad battery????? 2 chargers are showing a full battery, but clearly it is not starting quickly, with lights dimming more than normal when starting (or not starting at all first time or 2). Sorry for all the extra info, I guess my questions relates to the chirps/module, and also, could a bad battery still show full charge on charger and be causing this array of problems.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:45 AM
Julian O.
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Have you tried cycling the top a few more times? I got the chirp when a bad jump killed my battery and was subsequently replaced. I had to cycle the top twice to stop the chirps, both when I bump started the car and when I installed the new battery, otherwise the chirp came back at the next startup.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:15 AM
Gerry West

Originally Posted by Julian O.
Have you tried cycling the top a few more times? I got the chirp when a bad jump killed my battery and was subsequently replaced. I had to cycle the top twice to stop the chirps, both when I bump started the car and when I installed the new battery, otherwise the chirp came back at the next startup.
Thanks much. Y, I recycled it many times before I posted it. Luckily the story has a happy ending. All the issues were related to a bad battery, which my chargers were reading as fully charged (my mistake not knowing a really bad battery would still act normal with these new smart chargers). The top chirps kept coming back after each drive, opening and closing the trunk would stop chirps until next drive. Windows weren’t quite right (the slight open and close), etc. New battery, it’s like a brand new car again (except for the melting dashboard), no chirps or any problems.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:52 AM
teahead
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
MOst likely due to the bad battery.

You may have to go to Nissan and have them do a scan to "re-learn" the car to the top.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:02 PM
Gerry West

Originally Posted by teahead
MOst likely due to the bad battery.

You may have to go to Nissan and have them do a scan to "re-learn" the car to the top.
Y, you're right, it was all the battery. I was going to do the top re-learn scan (since the Parcel shelf fell off during this process, besides all the odd electronic stuff). But luckily, right after the new battery, quick reset of the window and 1 roof cycle did. Back in business until the next issue. 2009 with 24,000 miles going strong.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:51 PM
bigwillyvert
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
to get the chirping to go away all you need to do is cycle the roof fully open and then fully closed again.