Does anyone have this exhaust system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Jesus tap dancing Christ! I thought that hot garbage would cost like $25-30 at most. You paid enough for they crap to buy a set if stainless steel brake lines and a Power Bleeder.

I offer $11.53. Shipped.
Damn DoubleB that's a cold cold offer. You could at least ship on your dime. What about a poll on the destruction method and a $1 an entry. I dunno your the expert on this you come up with an idea that doesn't suck n cost me cash at the same time.
I bet the creator of these MGP covers would absolutely hate this thread lol.

Come to think of it I've got an AR-10 that's great fun on the range. A set of 4 red aluminum targets would ping nicely for some distance shooting. Not a terrible way to spend $180
Old 08-16-2014, 01:04 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Redfire32
Ok ok I'll give it some thought. Perhaps you could tell me of one of your wasted mods and it would make me feel better,..?
My wasted mods were not necessarily ricey, but mods I should have not done so quickly without doing more research. That's because in the end I would have been better off buying the parts I knew I wanted instead of the parts I thought I wanted.

As for the caliper cover monstrosities, just send them to BB free of charge and be done with it (or like you said in your reply after this, grab your rifle and shoot those things up to kingdom come).
Old 08-16-2014, 02:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sadly the CC's are still on...for the moment. In an action that had absolutely nothing to do with this post, I bought some akebono cals from Sicko on the PC's. Painting them myself thanks to DIY threads on here plus blnewt's help. Got some S&D rotors, SS brake lines , n motul 5.1 being delivered on the 20th.

Do you have a pic of the CC's installed?
I'm not sure I agree with others wanting to dip them in acid.

In my opinion nothin looks worse than a rusty, cruddy, OEM calliper.
That is what people would pull up beside you at a light and laugh at you.
They will be thinking "he has a $45,000 car and this crappy calliper?"

Nice callipers(Stoptech, Akebono, etc) really signify that a lot of attention to detail has been paid.

I don't see how anything can be worse than those terrible, stock callipers that came with all the G37X models.

Would really like a pic, for me jury is still out.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:41 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Honestly, I thought this was gonna be one of "those" threads. Redfire, thanks for not taking anything the wrong way and blowing this whole thread out of proportion. As far as exhausts for the vert, I haven't heard anything really besides people having some luck with Ark, as you mentioned. If you could somehow get the Motordyne e370 on there I think you will be all smiles!
Old 08-16-2014, 10:17 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 604
Do you have a pic of the CC's installed?
I'm not sure I agree with others wanting to dip them in acid.

In my opinion nothin looks worse than a rusty, cruddy, OEM calliper.
That is what people would pull up beside you at a light and laugh at you.
They will be thinking "he has a $45,000 car and this crappy calliper?"

Nice callipers(Stoptech, Akebono, etc) really signify that a lot of attention to detail has been paid.

I don't see how anything can be worse than those terrible, stock callipers that came with all the G37X models.

Would really like a pic, for me jury is still out.

The jury is not out as the calipers do no fit so they must be chit!

As for the stock caliper appearance, they look a billion times better than this......

Not only does it look terrible but it poses as a FAUX BBK! Another funny tidbit is not only do they look atrocious, but they also keep in heat, exactly what brakes are not supposed to do. Lastly, do you know how horrible a look it is for enthusiasts like ourselves? Obviously the blatantly ignorant wont be able to tell but imagine the horror REdfire would face if someone walked up to him to give him a compliment on his BBK only to find out they were nothing a but a glorified piece of plastic?

Besides, if the calipers really bother him that bad he can just paint them black like most people do and forget about them.
The following users liked this post:
Black Betty (08-16-2014)
Old 08-16-2014, 01:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37

As for the stock caliper appearance, they look a billion times better than this......

Not only does it look terrible but it poses as a FAUX BBK! Another funny tidbit is not only do they look atrocious, but they also keep in heat, exactly what brakes are not supposed to do. Lastly, do you know how horrible a look it is for enthusiasts like ourselves? Obviously the blatantly ignorant wont be able to tell but imagine the horror REdfire would face if someone walked up to him to give him a compliment on his BBK only to find out they were nothing a but a glorified piece of plastic?

Besides, if the calipers really bother him that bad he can just paint them black like most people do and forget about them.

Completely your opinion, which you are entitled to.

But you guys really shouldn't be bullying him. It's like me saying I don't like the colour of your car, you should dump paint thinner on it.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37

There you go 604. That's not a pic of mine but it's exactly what I have (for the moment...once again). They are beneath them stock rims that hide the detail fairly well. I know DoubleB will hate/disagree with this comment but they actually look pretty good. At the time of purchase my thinking was "hey, you just got through droppin $400 on a LTCAI, $400 on a Motordyne M370 intake mani, and $1300 on some primo long tube headers from FI....just throw some cal covers on there for a lil bit and let them be until you finish finding some good used BBK parts ext"

For that purpose I still believe they were alright. At least they weren't those Plastic Brembo knockoffs from china ya know!??

But yes I'll admit that I'm a noob to all this and perhaps I made a mistake. But for the right person who is a bit tight on money and would like to have the look of a BBK during the process of saving up for a BBK...they work & look just fine.

As for the poll of destruction idea....I still love it. I also should mention that this post has been one of my personal favs bc of the extremely funny comments mixed with the kinda tough love info that Black Betty is certainly the best at! I mean seriously let's give this man a TL championship ring or belt or something. Jesus I've never laughed& cried so hard while getting some...let's call it "constructive criticism with a heavy helping of hilarious & slightly mean (but well intended)" I personal preferred the tough love methods of Brad (blnewt) but I gotta say Mr. DoubleB has grown on me big time.

And with that I say BB send me a pm with your info n I'll hook you up with something to start a poll with. The $11.53 shipped offer is up to you bahahaha.

And 604 if your interested in the CC's I'll give you an extraordinary deal. Plz guys don't give me **** about it I'm tryin to make everybody happy. DoubleB will get his victims and the forum will get it's destruction show...but I'll also get something outta these CC's.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:59 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 604
Completely your opinion, which you are entitled to.

But you guys really shouldn't be bullying him. It's like me saying I don't like the colour of your car, you should dump paint thinner on it.
No offense dude but that analogy was pretty weak.

All cars come with paint, no cars come with plastic pieces glued onto the caliper so the two cannot be compared. What you can compare them to though are those faux fenders vents everyone keeps throwing on their cars which fall into the same rice category but are slightly less worse.

Also, we are not meaning to bully but instead we are using tough love because sometimes it's absolutely warranted. As always everyone is entitled to their opinion and can like what they want, but that doesn't mean we should just stand by and let someone bastardize their car especially if they are actually open to suggestions like Redfire is. Besides, it makes other G owners look bad when people do that kind of stuff. Lastly, guess where this mod is real popular........................................... .................................................. .....................mustang forums, nuff said.

Last edited by AroundTheG37; 08-17-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:11 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Nobody is being bullied. Bullying is a bigger kid on a playground kicking smaller kids butts for no reason. I (and others) are giving Redfire32 some grief in a good natured way about his choice of mods. He doesn't seem butthurt so there's no reason for you to be 604. If he indicated that he wasn't cool with the tone of the discourse I would stop and ensure they others did too. I believe it's all good here and the only person not having fun here is you. Which is really too bad. If it bothers you, feel free to ignore this thread.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Nobody is being bullied. Bullying is a bigger kid on a playground kicking smaller kids butts for no reason. I (and others) are giving Redfire32 some grief in a good natured way about his choice of mods. He doesn't seem butthurt so there's no reason for you to be 604. If he indicated that he wasn't cool with the tone of the discourse I would stop and ensure they others did too. I believe it's all good here and the only person not having fun here is you. Which is really too bad. If it bothers you, feel free to ignore this thread.
Just in case the record isn't clear....I'm having a blast!

I do appreciate the love 604. But seriously I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Hey B. I figure it's time to shift hears here, so I want to ask you a question bro. For the sale of moving the thought process forward let's assume that the FI GB has filled up to the 10 names required, my CBE has been delivered/installed, and I've driven up to St. Louis to get an UPREV done.

Ok so now that all that has finally resolved itself....I'd love your opinion (and aroundtheG37 feel free too I'm not excluding ANYONE--604 holla too) about what modding direction I should pursue next?

My goals are to keep this car NA. Perhaps the next infiniti I get will be FI. But I figured I should run before I sprint ya know. After the bolt on's n tune is completed I'm gonna get some Hotchkis sways n a cusco strut. After those mods are done my goal is to begin to track the car. I still haven't researched wjat sort of events or types of races are out there for me yet. But I can assure you in the next year or so I'll be out there at one of them. DoubleB you seem to be the guy best suited (for me at least) to give me this type of direction. So big guy hook me up, whatcha got for me??
Old 08-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

IMO, suspension upgrades should come before anything to increase your power. This is strictly my opinion and thoughts on it. Why? Because improving your suspension will make your car faster around any track or autocross course lap after lap. Appreciably so. It benefits you on every single corner. If you lower your car with springs or coilovers, don't over lower it. This does not make your car faster in turns, it just makes it uncomfortable to drive on the street. Something that increases your HP or TQ in a minor way like NA bolt ons is going to affect a lap time very minimally. However since you have already started down that road it is what it is. Sway bars are a big one. The strut brace - not as much. Cooling mods like a more efficient aftermarket radiator (like CSF) and oil and/or transmission coolers will help in your part of the country. Brake improvements like SS lines, dedicated track pads and/or rotors make a difference in reducing brake fade. One of the most overlooked track mods for your car - good tires. A good max performance summer tire (assuming that you don't go all out and get a second set of dedicated track wheels with race tires) will drop your lap times more than you might realize vs an all season or a set of so-so summer rubber. The very best mod you can make to better track performance? The driver mod. Find a track that you can afford and that's convenient. Get instruction form someone experienced and competent and listen to their instruction. Then go have fun.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Thanks man. I'll start planning on the sways a bit sooner than previously expected bc of this advice. I had been thinking of lowering the car about an inch in the rear...any suggestions on this drop amount or brand I should use to do so?

I hadn't really considered the oil cooler option yet but I'll start reading up on them as well. Hey as for the NA mods, would I be correct in assuming that there are separate racing classes for NA vs FI modded cars?

One more question if ya don't mind...I was looking at the pc's n saw a guy selling a 4.08 gear. I don't plan on dragging or anything like that, but would this be a mod I should consider??

Last edited by Redfire32; 08-18-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:40 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

It's not likely that you will do any live racing. Especially not at first. You may have lapping sessions with multiple cars on the track at the same time, but you're not actually racing one another. You're lapping to try to turn your best lap. Or autocross where you run a course set out with cones in a parking lot. You go individually and compare times with comparable cars.

4.08 gears will give you quicker acceleration at the expense of fuel mileage and slightly lower too speed. I don't have them. Those who do seem to like them. Decide if tracking is important enough to drop a MPG or two all the time for some improvement at the track.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:33 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

It's not likely that you will do any live racing. Especially not at first. You may have lapping sessions with multiple cars on the track at the same time, but you're not actually racing one another. You're lapping to try to turn your best lap. Or autocross where you run a course set out with cones in a parking lot. You go individually and compare times with comparable cars.

4.08 gears will give you quicker acceleration at the expense of fuel mileage and slightly lower too speed. I don't have them. Those who do seem to like them. Decide if tracking is important enough to drop a MPG or two all the time for some improvement at the track.
Nothing is important enough to drop some MPG's in this ride IMHO

Quick Reply: Does anyone have this exhaust system?