Does anyone have this exhaust system?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Cool. I didn't mean it to be offensive at all, so you received it as I intended it. But caliper covers? C'mon dude. Have some pride. Rip that crap off your car, stomp on them, and apologize to the modding gods for a crime against nature and good taste. No excuse for caliper covers. Evar.
Lmao. I gotta keep em till it's the rotors n calipers turn on the mod list. They actually look pretty good to the untrained eye, sadly there aren't too many of those on this site. But...in the fairly small town of Jonesboro, Arkansas they are passable for now (under the stock wheels so sorta hard to see). ButAs soon as I receive my FI LTH's n install, watching the PC's for a good used exhaust or get some vert owners to pony up the dough for a FI GB along the way, then it'll be rotors n calipers upgrade time! Unless a good deal comes up on the classifieds I can't pass up. I would've gotten sicko's this morning but they sold while I was sleepin
Old 07-25-2014, 01:25 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Cool. I didn't mean it to be offensive at all, so you received it as I intended it. But caliper covers? C'mon dude. Have some pride. Rip that crap off your car, stomp on them, and apologize to the modding gods for a crime against nature and good taste. No excuse for caliper covers. Evar.
thanks black betty that just made my day
Old 07-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Redfire32
Lmao. I gotta keep em till it's the rotors n calipers turn on the mod list. They actually look pretty good to the untrained eye, sadly there aren't too many of those on this site. But...in the fairly small town of Jonesboro, Arkansas they are passable for now (under the stock wheels so sorta hard to see). ButAs soon as I receive my FI LTH's n install, watching the PC's for a good used exhaust or get some vert owners to pony up the dough for a FI GB along the way, then it'll be rotors n calipers upgrade time! Unless a good deal comes up on the classifieds I can't pass up. I would've gotten sicko's this morning but they sold while I was sleepin
You see, here's where I think I might be able to help you. NO! NO, THEY DON'T LOOK GOOD TO ANYONE AT ALL EVER. Not even in Jonesboro Arkansas. They look cheap an ricey. They are horrible. People are laughing at you. Anyone who's even marginally a "car person" is chuckling when they pull up beside you at a light. Take a look and see for yourself. If they are laughing hysterically or crying, it's because of your caliper covers. They are telling their kids, "See that crap son? Please don't bring shame and embarrassment upon your family by being that d-bag when you grow up and get a car. I will disown you and spend your college money on a Corvette, blow, and hookers if you do." Some people believe that the blood of Jesus is the only way to cleanse all mankind from their sins. Except one - caliper covers. The Lord cannot be held responsible for that decision. You're on your own there.

But good call on eh FI exhasut. I doubt you'll be disappointed, I don't know that anyone has been yet. If it's worth modding, it's worth modding right. Everyone isn't made of money (I know I'm not at least), but saving until you can purchase a quality part instead of the instant gratification of putting something subpar on your car is it's own reward. You'll have the self satisfaction of being happy with what you have purchased and not having to worry about it.
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (07-26-2014)
Old 07-26-2014, 08:17 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
I appreciate the honesty. I'm having trouble deciding on an exhaust. Wanting to get an FI but only way to do that for a vert is either pay an extra G to custom fab or find nine other John Doe's to head up a GB with me. The Ark has had some installation successes on a vert but I've also read some negative reviews mentioning that over time they start to rattle n rub. The exhaust is my last major bolt on and I wanna get it right. I wouldn't hate it if I were able to save some dough on it but it has to match the quality of the other mods I've chosen so far. I had a friend mention checking the site to see if anybody with a vert was running a Top Speed CB. Have any thoughts on that CB or any avenues I should try?
I just got my FI CBE and RHFC's installed today and I would definitely suggest and recommend paying the money to do whatever it takes to get FI on your car.

I have never heard a G37 or a 370Z (in person) sound like mine now does. The tone is EXTREMELY deep and just nasty. I was very surprised at how deep the tone was. It sounded GT-R type deep, which shocked me.

+1000 on what Black Betty said about waiting and saving up for quality parts, rather than the instant gratification. Part of the modding is the journey to get there and sometimes having to save up for it and wait makes the end result all the more sweeter.

Last edited by twin_snails; 07-26-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Redfire32 (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 12:16 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

You see, here's where I think I might be able to help you. NO! NO, THEY DON'T LOOK GOOD TO ANYONE AT ALL EVER. Not even in Jonesboro Arkansas. They look cheap an ricey. They are horrible. People are laughing at you. Anyone who's even marginally a "car person" is chuckling when they pull up beside you at a light. Take a look and see for yourself. If they are laughing hysterically or crying, it's because of your caliper covers. They are telling their kids, "See that crap son? Please don't bring shame and embarrassment upon your family by being that d-bag when you grow up and get a car. I will disown you and spend your college money on a Corvette, blow, and hookers if you do." Some people believe that the blood of Jesus is the only way to cleanse all mankind from their sins. Except one - caliper covers. The Lord cannot be held responsible for that decision. You're on your own there.

But good call on eh FI exhasut. I doubt you'll be disappointed, I don't know that anyone has been yet. If it's worth modding, it's worth modding right. Everyone isn't made of money (I know I'm not at least), but saving until you can purchase a quality part instead of the instant gratification of putting something subpar on your car is it's own reward. You'll have the self satisfaction of being happy with what you have purchased and not having to worry about it.
Oh my lord I can't believe I forgot to check this thread until tonight. That bit about the father telling his son not to follow in the "caliper cover" footsteps and the only UNFORGIVABLE SIN being the use of said caliper covers....whoa....extremely funny.

Sadly the CC's are still on...for the moment. In an action that had absolutely nothing to do with this post, I bought some akebono cals from Sicko on the PC's. Painting them myself thanks to DIY threads on here plus blnewt's help. Got some S&D rotors, SS brake lines , n motul 5.1 being delivered on the 20th.

Double B you can look for my FS post on the barely used set of MGP caliper covers on the pc's soon. I'll give you a special price so you can stomp them personally
Black Betty (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 06:19 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

You're a good sport Redfire32. I might actually take you up on the covers.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:45 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
But caliper covers? C'mon dude. Have some pride. Rip that crap off your car, stomp on them, and apologize to the modding gods for a crime against nature and good taste. No excuse for caliper covers. Evar.
Oh my lord I can't believe I forgot to check this thread until tonight. That bit about the father telling his son not to follow in the "caliper cover" footsteps and the only UNFORGIVABLE SIN being the use of said caliper covers....whoa....extremely funny.

Sadly the CC's are still on...for the moment. In an action that had absolutely nothing to do with this post, I bought some akebono cals from Sicko on the PC's. Painting them myself thanks to DIY threads on here plus blnewt's help. Got some S&D rotors, SS brake lines , n motul 5.1 being delivered on the 20th.

Double B you can look for my FS post on the barely used set of MGP caliper covers on the pc's soon. I'll give you a special price so you can stomp them personally
You're a good sport Redfire32. I might actually take you up on the covers.

Black Betty, you beat me to it but PLUS MOTHER$%$#$^& one to everything you said towards the caliper covers. Those things are an abomination and probably close to the number one riciest mods of all time. Redifre, do as your username suggests and burn those fking things to the ground. Hell, if money really is that tight maybe some of us should chip in a few dollars to send them to BB so we can see him set those monstrosities a blaze on video for all of us to see.

LOL, but like BB said, you're a good sport man and seems like you take things in stride. As for your exhaust, I tend to agree with people when they say you get what you pay for. The sad part is you're in a predicament where the justification may not be worth the means yet (as far as paying 1k more than normal for a custom exhaust). I say that because I'm almost 2k into my exhaust setup and I'm still not completely happy yet, although I love the sound (wish it were a bit louder). Hopefully your group buy works out but if not you may just need to bite the bullet and go custom fab. Good luck.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Yeah I'm pretty easy going. Besides I haven't laughed that hard in a few days so it was freakin great. My plan for now is to finish my bolt on plans, install my BBK once I'm finished with it and parts arrive, and keep plugging the FI GB to anyone that has a vert. I really hope to get the 8 other names within a few months. If it takes a bit longer then I'll use the extra time n money to install some sways n a strut bar. I'm sitting on the 1400 for the CBE until it works out. Hell I guess I could start putting baxk the dough for the uprev if things REALLY move slowly.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

If I can get my hands on those caliper covers, I will put a poll up on the forum to determine how to best destroy them and film and post it for the delight of everyone. Unless Redfire wants to do it himself for our entertainment. I have access to a number of means for their violent demise. Burn? A hail of semi automatic gunfire? Run over by a 40 ton truck? Dropped into acid?
Old 08-15-2014, 12:37 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

If I can get my hands on those caliper covers, I will put a poll up on the forum to determine how to best destroy them and film and post it for the delight of everyone. Unless Redfire wants to do it himself for our entertainment. I have access to a number of means for their violent demise. Burn? A hail of semi automatic gunfire? Run over by a 40 ton truck? Dropped into acid?
Oh man, I like where this is going.

The gunfire sounds even better. Maybe light them on fire, shoot em up, and then blow them up with some sort of explosive.

I can foresee the youtube video getting some hits. LOL.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:48 PM
NBE-ON'D
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Holy smokes BB. someone crap in your corn flakes lol. To funny, you've turned into the monster
Old 08-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

I'd love to see the poll. I've got $178 invested in those Junkers. Be nice to see at least some dough flow back into the mod pool
Old 08-15-2014, 09:36 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

I'd love to see the poll. I've got $178 invested in those Junkers. Be nice to see at least some dough flow back into the mod pool
Honestly dude, I know this may sound crass but do yourself a favor......bite the bullet and just send them to BB at no charge. The reason I say this is because caliper covers have no place in this world and I think you'd be doing the G/Z/every community a disservice trying to peddle these atrocities to someone else. Chalk this up as a lesson learned in the modding game because when you think about, that $178 bucks is a drop in the bucket to what others have wasted in mods (don't get me going on my gaffs). After this you will feel liberated and I honestly think you will enjoy the destruction of those heinous "faux" calipers more than anyone here (well, maybe not more than BB and I, but you get the idea ).
Old 08-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Jesus tap dancing Christ! I thought that hot garbage would cost like $25-30 at most. You paid enough for they crap to buy a set if stainless steel brake lines and a Power Bleeder.

I offer $11.53. Shipped.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Honestly dude, I know this may sound crass but do yourself a favor......bite the bullet and just send them to BB at no charge. The reason I say this is because caliper covers have no place in this world and I think you'd be doing the G/Z/every community a disservice trying to peddle these atrocities to someone else. Chalk this up as a lesson learned in the modding game because when you think about, that $178 bucks is a drop in the bucket to what others have wasted in mods (don't get me going on my gaffs). After this you will feel liberated and I honestly think you will enjoy the destruction of those heinous "faux" calipers more than anyone here (well, maybe not more than BB and I, but you get the idea ).
Ok ok I'll give it some thought. Perhaps you could tell me of one of your wasted mods and it would make me feel better,..?

Quick Reply: Does anyone have this exhaust system?