New G37 !

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 07:34 PM
cyberBeach

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New G37 !

I should be able to pick up my new G37 by Tuesday once the accessory parts arrive and get installed. I'm in LA and I plan to drive with the top down 90% of the time. Here's what I got:

G37 Convertible Base Graphite Shadow / Graphite
  1. Sport Package
  2. Premium Package
  3. NAV Package
  4. Illuminated kick plates
  5. Rear wind deflector
    (Above from inventory)
    (Below added)
  6. Midnight black grille
  7. Sport Exhaust
  8. Wheel locks
  9. Valve stem caps
  10. Interior accent lights
  11. Airbag lock bolts
  12. Console tray
  13. Premium floor mats

I got the sport package after test driving with/without because there was s light hesitation on acceleration without and instantly responsive with.

I can't wait to hear the car with the Sport Exhaust - so far I've only heard it via YouTube. And I've only seen the midnight black grille in pictures.

I was very patient deciding on this car - first looked at last January - but now that I've signed and it's only a few days away, the waiting is really hard
Old 09-01-2011, 08:55 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by cyberBeach
I should be able to pick up my new G37 by Tuesday once the accessory parts arrive and get installed. I'm in LA and I plan to drive with the top down 90% of the time. Here's what I got:

G37 Convertible Base Graphite Shadow / Graphite
  1. Sport Package
  2. Premium Package
  3. NAV Package
  4. Illuminated kick plates
  5. Rear wind deflector
    (Above from inventory)
    (Below added)
  6. Midnight black grille
  7. Sport Exhaust
  8. Wheel locks
  9. Valve stem caps
  10. Interior accent lights
  11. Airbag lock bolts
  12. Console tray
  13. Premium floor mats

I got the sport package after test driving with/without because there was s light hesitation on acceleration without and instantly responsive with.

I can't wait to hear the car with the Sport Exhaust - so far I've only heard it via YouTube. And I've only seen the midnight black grille in pictures.

I was very patient deciding on this car - first looked at last January - but now that I've signed and it's only a few days away, the waiting is really hard
Congrats-
but missing a Integrated Antenna Spoiler.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:09 PM
JJsBusaRox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the ride!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:35 PM
cyberBeach

Originally Posted by cvipgo
Congrats-
but missing a Integrated Antenna Spoiler.
Wasn't sure about the spoiler. I'm more of a tight twisty roads (fun) driver than a 120-straight-down-the-freeway (boring), and I don't think the spoiler comes into play under 70.

Cosmetically, not sure of the look either. I've seen the pix but I have to see some up close in the daylight...

PS: Lowering and aero (side skirts, front dam): I hear the guys in their hot cars leaving the bars on Saturday (with testosterone set to overdrive), when they hit the rain drainage dip on the corner near my house - it's loud and it doesn't sound good Sometimes it's just the front end, but sometimes I can hear them ruining their front bumper/airdam, scraping the muffler, and hitting the back bumper all at once. It goes vroom-bam-scrape-brakescreech-bam but of course the brakes part is too late... Welcome to Santa Monica! We don't need speed bumps, we have intersection-crossing rain-drain-dips...

One of the nice things about my old RAV4 is that I can just speed over those - it throws everyone's heads at the roof liner but the car is fine Won't do that in the G37 though...
Old 09-01-2011, 11:06 PM
bluecoupe
Registered Member

Congrats on the new vert, perfect car for socal! Driving around topless is crazy addictive, I've already clocked 1200 miles in two weeks
Old 09-02-2011, 07:58 AM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
congrats on the new ride & welocme.
You are gonna love the sport exhaust - it gives the car a nice deep throaty rumble and when you get on it, she screams!

Did you get an Auto or 6MT? I suspect auto since you mentioned throttle hesitation - there is a cure for that too!

Good luck with your new ride - now waiting is the hardest part...
Old 09-02-2011, 02:25 PM
cyberBeach

Originally Posted by bschurr
congrats on the new ride & welocme.
You are gonna love the sport exhaust - it gives the car a nice deep throaty rumble and when you get on it, she screams!
Yeah baby!

Did you get an Auto or 6MT? I suspect auto since you mentioned throttle hesitation - there is a cure for that too!
Yes auto, although with the Sport Pack I get paddle shifters - never used those - wish I could have gotten manual (lifestyle conflict on that] - maybe next time.

Is there some setting where you push the shifter over the left and put it in sport mode?

Good luck with your new ride - now waiting is the hardest part...
The waiting is KILLING ME! I spend my day sneaking in YouTube videos of Infiniti G's... I waited so long but now that it's close, the hours crawl by. Saturday is possible but I'm betting Tuesday or Wednesday for delivery...
Old 09-02-2011, 02:56 PM
BHB 91

Congrats, you'll love it. And the auto transmission is really good, too. I had an auto in a 09 coupe and it was a lot of fun. Yes, you pull the shifter over to the left for the sport mode.

Either way, you really cannot go wrong. I miss the auto sometimes when in rush-hour traffic.

Find something fun to do like grill out or watch football this weekend. It'll help the time pass quicker!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Eskrimador
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyberBeach
Y

The waiting is KILLING ME! I spend my day sneaking in YouTube videos of Infiniti G's... I waited so long but now that it's close, the hours crawl by. Saturday is possible but I'm betting Tuesday or Wednesday for delivery...
I was jealous until I got to the waiting part. Now, I'm glad I bought mine used. Every once in a while, I wonder about options that I might have gotten if I'd ordered a new one but I drove mine off the lot the day I decided that I was really going to get it.

You're going to love the convertible in SoCal, I do. I have the same thoughts that you do about lowering. I used to drive a pick-up and have to remind myself as it is that I don't have the clearance that I used to. Every time I hear another car scrape over a dip or driveway, I wonder about whether I'd do the same thing if I lowered mine.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:46 PM
cyberBeach

Surprise - they called me Saturday and said the car was in, the parts were in and installed - everything except the $10 console tray - I told them no way I could pick it up without the console tray - after we all stopped laughing I went over and picked it up.

On arrival at the dealer, there was the car out front: This car is gorgeous. I had to just stand there looking at it and walk around it. The black grill looks great on the graphite, and the sport exhaust pipes are chromed and huge. I didn't realize but with the sport package I got the "s" designation on the rear badge (I thought only 6MT had that) - nice.

I took it for a spin before signing all the paperwork - was gone for an hour - just couldn't stop driving it. It's very easy to drive right away. The independent wishbone suspension I guess is responsible for the fact that if one side goes over a rough spot, only that wheel drops and the car stays level. With the sport exhaust, at low revs it rumbles awesomely - sometimes I manually upshift early just to keep that going - and at high revs like hitting the pedal hard it screams - really fun and really satisfying.

The salesrep gave me the high level overview inside and outside the car (including suitable warnings regarding interaction of trunk and lowering the roof), but I've been focusing on different aspects of the manual over the last 3 days more or less one at a time.

I've got the homelink garage/gate openers set for home and work, set the AM and FM and FM2 presets but not the XM yet. I've connected my iPhone via bluetooth and I'm playing music from my iPhone and making/receiving calls from the iPhone. The car does so much stuff I still have lots to go.

Cruising with the top down and music blasting - just feels so good. Today I chased up and down some canyon roads but I'm deliberately giving myself time to adapt to the performance. I once floored a sports car on the first day I had it while taking a turn and fishtailed wildly so that taught me respect for hp .

I just started moving my stuff from my RAV to the G37. I can't afford to carry around pointless stuff that never gets used, but the spare wheel space actually holds a decent amount of stuff, however, I might have to find a place in the garage to store the rear-wind deflector because it uses 60% of that under-floor space. I've found you can actually fit stuff in the tiny space in the front of the trunk. So I need to get some containers and maybe briefcase-style toolboxes for the trunk (I like to keep a jumper cable if only to hep someone else).

I even drove it with the top up the other night going up the coast for dinner. Really, if no one's in the back you can drive with the top down anytime because the heater is strong enough to keep you warm (and the heated seats don't hurt either), but it can get cold in the back so I put the top up. Even with the top up it still has a very open feeling due the windshield and the lack of window pillars. By the way, the valet saw the Infiniti registration on the windshield and let me park it myself

I got a lot of help by reading all the pages in this forum so thanks for that!

Well, gotta go - got an invite I would have turned down but it's an excuse to go drive some more...
Old 09-05-2011, 04:50 PM
cyberBeach

Smile

By the way, in case my previous post was too rational and analytic, let me just say THIS CAR IS AWESOME AND I"M HAVING A BLAST DRIVING IT!!!

Old 09-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds incredible! Congrats.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:45 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Congrats!