2 beeps everytime ...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:11 PM
lier200a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 beeps everytime ...

Hey guys,

I've got a question. Everytime I enter my car or turn off the engine, the car beeps twice. The beep is similar to when you press the top up/down with the separator up. It's been beeping for the last 4 days and its starting to get annoying everytime I get in or get out.

Any Ideas what the beeping could be?
the roof is closed all the way, haven't had any service recently, and winter is here...
Old 11-25-2010, 02:46 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lier200a
Hey guys,

I've got a question. Everytime I enter my car or turn off the engine, the car beeps twice. The beep is similar to when you press the top up/down with the separator up. It's been beeping for the last 4 days and its starting to get annoying everytime I get in or get out.

Any Ideas what the beeping could be?
the roof is closed all the way, haven't had any service recently, and winter is here...
Check your divider in the trunk that needs to be latched for roof to open.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:07 PM
scallawag

Yes the divider needs to be latched for the top to operate but not being latched will not cause beebs if you don't try to operate the top. This can be caused by A seat belt not retracting all the way, Light switch being in between positions, and things like that. My 2009 vert. turns things off after about an hour so as not to run the battery dead. I was getting the same thing you describe when my dealer walked me through things to check like I suggested above. It turned out I had left the interior light switch on. Just did not notice it during the daytime.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:32 PM
bachonyc

I had the same problem. In my case the reason was that somehow trunk did not get closed after I put the top up. Try just retracting the roof and closing it back up, it fixed my problem. If it still beeps, that means something is not completely in it's place (the trunk or the wings that fold, or that panel that does up and down). good luck.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Rpfields

I was sitting in my new 2011 Ltd Edition recording cd's to the music box when suddenly 2 beeps, then 2 beeps and it continued for sometime with a definite pattern and then stop. After a short (unmeasured) period of time the routine starts all over. I' d restart the car for fear it was a battery warning or that maybe an error would surface. I searched the manual to no avail. Google did not have much.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 AM
lier200a

I can't remember for sure but I believe the dealership reset/recalibrated the roof top and the beeping went away.

The beeping is coming from the roof top module in the back seat driver side panel.

I hope that helps... I remember it being super annoying!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Calgarywinger

The same thing happened to me after the dealer swapped the battery on warranty. They never re-initialized the windows or the roof and the car beeped twice every time I shut it off. Also there was a security icon flashing on the dashboard.
I followed the instructions in the manual to re-initialize the windows, then the roof and the car stopped the double beeps. The icon stopped flashing as well.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Rpfields

Originally Posted by Calgarywinger
The same thing happened to me after the dealer swapped the battery on warranty. They never re-initialized the windows or the roof and the car beeped twice every time I shut it off. Also there was a security icon flashing on the dashboard.
I followed the instructions in the manual to re-initialize the windows, then the roof and the car stopped the double beeps. The icon stopped flashing as well.
Calgarywinger, I have not tried this yet but I'm willing to bet you just nailed it. This car was sitting on the lot a while before I picked up recently. I appreciate the quick response and I'll confirm it soon.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:08 PM
Eskrimador
Registered Member

I've had this happen twice. Once after the battery died and was replaced and once after servicing. Both times, after I figured out what was happening, cycling the top down then back up stopped the beeps.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:08 PM
lier200a

I remember cycling the top down and back up but the beeping continued... So if that doesn't work, just take it to the dealer and it takes them 10 minutes to reset it.